• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

eznark

Banned
3-4 before, 5-4 after.

I've been trying to figure out where I stand on the team in terms of what needs to change but it's hard to figure out because they are just so inconsistent. There are obviously personnel and coaching issues but it's difficult for me to tell where one stops and the other starts sometimes.

Offensive line will solve a lot of offensive issues.

Keeping Jeff Ireland would make me squicken though.

Offensive line will solve a lot of offensive issues.

Keeping Jeff Ireland would make me squicken though.
Let's be honest, there are probably about a thousand things that have happened with this organization over the past 20 years that would have made most people squicken. Can't say I blame them!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
But those are just fat jokes, not a celebration for a restaurant regardless of whether or not it ended up putting on pounds!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Now you know why I set tags all the time when I was a mod. It wasn't to make fun of anyone or to use it like bread thrown to the masses, no, it was simply so I wouldn't forget half the forum. :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Now you know why I set tags all the time when I was a mod. It wasn't to make fun of anyone or to use it like bread thrown to the masses, no, it was simply so I wouldn't forget half the forum. :(

Bullshit. That is a blatant lie.

You bullied me. Stuck me with tags and avatars that made other mods cringe.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Bullshit. That is a blatant lie.

You bullied me. Stuck me with tags and avatars that made other mods cringe.
Outside the Anne of Green Gables avatar, you asked for all of it. Don't try to go all revisionist history to save face like you always have, pretending that mean ol' me was imposing so you wouldn't have to take responsibility for anything.

Sorry for trying to help. I wish I knew you'd turn on everyone anyway beforehand.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Outside the Anne of Green Gables avatar, you asked for all of it. Don't try to go all revisionist history to save face like you always have, pretending that mean ol' me was imposing so you wouldn't have to take responsibility for anything.

Sorry for trying to help. I wish I knew you'd turn on everyone anyway beforehand.

Saving face? I like the avatar I have now. An esteemed member of the community made it for me and I consider him a good guy. Your argument is pretty stupid when I'm rocking this avatar for almost a year now.

You stuck with me that disgusting thing, honestly the worst avatar I've ever seen which was the most blatant form of forum bullying I've seen on GAF and then stuck with me a dumb pony avatar that I never asked for. Maybe you should be the one trying to quit rewriting history.

BigAT

Oh fuck, are we watching some anime beef go down right now?

bDRmguT.gif

EVERYONE HIT THE DECK.

Saving face? I like the avatar I have now. An esteemed member of the community made it for me and I consider him a good guy. Your argument is pretty stupid when I'm rocking this avatar for almost a year now.

You stuck with me that disgusting thing, honestly the worst avatar I've ever seen which was the most blatant form of forum bullying I've seen on GAF and then stuck with me a dumb pony avatar that I never asked for. Maybe you should be the one trying to quit rewriting history.

You obviously never saw the one Bish gave me

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, sorry about that. Would have made it private if I wasn't on ignore anyway!

Basically, darkside had trouble getting through a show, comes to me asking him to give him a forced av as motivation, I make sure this is what he wants, then I do so. He acts offended in public, but has a lot of fun when avatars died on GAF for a time and his was the only one still up. I keep telling him that he can ditch the av whenever he likes, but he insists that he's come to like it anyway and prefers the arrangement with it not being hosted in the same way other avatars are. You're probably not even reading this or have any intention of caring, but eventually this came to be depicted as me being horrible to him. More recently I was getting on his case for snapping at other people among other things, which meant I was absolutely horrible to him.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Isn't smoked pubes what you get after setting your penis on fire? I'll defer to the resident expert on penis burning for this.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I still want to know which mod gave me this tag.

I am 99% sure it must be one who comes into this thread. I didn't get this tag until you guys discovered I wasn't from Cleveland.

MechDX

Bill O'Brien ‏@FakeCoachBOB 13h
Mr McNair asked me during my interview what I thought of Matt Schaub. I asked him if he'd ever seen Old Yeller.#Hired

Bill O'Brien ‏@FakeCoachBOB 9h
Had some Texas BBQ for dinner, I can scratch that off my Houston list along with AJ McCarron.

:jnc

MechDX

I wish I could take this post back in time to about September 2013 to show to you. Avatar included, of course.

Who honestly saw this season coming? The closest one I saw was a guy at a Texans forum who did predict them to go 6-10. Complete, unprecedented meltdown. Like Smokey stated earlier: there were still some successes. Schaub is gone, Kubiak is gone, Marciano is gone

Who honestly saw this season coming? The closest one I saw was a guy at a Texans forum who did predict them to go 6-10. Complete, unprecedented meltdown. Like Smokey stated earlier: there were still some successes. Schaub is gone, Kubiak is gone, Marciano is gone
Yeah, exactly. Their season is the biggest shock of the NFL in 2013 to me. But like you said, some good came out of it. They are poised for a huge bounce-back year in 2014 if a few things go their way.

They did a meltdown the correct way. 14 straight games to ensure people get fired and you get a nice draft pick. None of this stupid 8-8 garbage losing only your last 2 in pitiful fashion like the Dolphins.

I'm getting tired of your hatred of the American people. It's offensive, quite frankly.

Did you get FIFA yet, you racist?

Hatred of the American people?! I'm a Patriots fan, nothing more pro-American in the world!

If it wasn't for the Patriots, you would still be British! I'm no expert on the subject, but I'm pretty sure it was Bill Belichick who dumped tea in the sea at the time.

And no, games are too expensive need my paycheck first.

dionysus

Yaldog
This guy:

wet-saints-fan-nfl-fan-gifs.gif

That is me.

I seem to be the only other Saints fan that reads this thread and I don't post nearly as much as cajun. I post more about the Texans even though they are my second team because it is more entertaining to talk about a dumpster fire.

And I really like how everyone gives the Saints zero chance of winning on the road and winning the SB, it means we will probably win it all going by recent history.

Yeah, exactly. Their season is the biggest shock of the NFL in 2013 to me. But like you said, some good came out of it. They are poised for a huge bounce-back year in 2014 if a few things go their way.

They did a meltdown the correct way. 14 straight games to ensure people get fired and you get a nice draft pick. None of this stupid 8-8 garbage losing only your last 2 in pitiful fashion like the Dolphins.

Their roster is not good, despite what MechDX says because he only watches Texans games or something. Bounceback will be maybe a 6 win season. Declining aged offensive talent, a defense that generates no turnovers and lacking in overall talent. A rookie QB and a new coach can't fix that in one year.

Bowser

This shit was hilarious last night

That is me.

I seem to be the only other Saints fan that reads this thread and I don't post nearly as much as cajun. I post more about the Texans even though they are my second team because it is more entertaining to talk about a dumpster fire.

And I really like how everyone gives the Saints zero chance of winning on the road and winning the SB, it means we will probably win it all going by recent history.

2574831-8798349651-mj-la.gif

effzee

That is me.

WTF? 2nd team?

Who isn't giving the Saints a chance? Most national media guys are split down the middle. People aren't giving them a chance to win a SB because if they do beat the Eagles, they have to go to Seattle. And then say if they do win that game, they have to go either to Carolina, GB, or SF.

Yeah not easy places to play. You could win 1 game on the road in Philly but 3 in a row? Doubt it.

All that said I do think the Saints win this weekend. Too much talk about the weather and while it will affect the Saints, I don't think it will doom them. Eagles D had trouble with Orton and Witten. Brees and Graham are 100 x better and will expose the LBs and Safeties in coverage even worse. We got zero pass rush against the Cowboys and a repeat performance up front will lead to at least 35 points or so for Brees.

Our only chance is to get on the board first and possibly post a double digit 2 score lead and then hope the D forces a turnover or two.

Final prediction: Saints have too many weapons on offense where you can't cover any one guy and think you have them figured out. Saints win 35-21.

gutshot

All the talk of the cold weather negatively effecting the Saints reminds me of the NFC Championship game against the Bucs. And that is not a pleasant memory.

Top Bottom