• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Smokey

I just read the quotes from o'brien about Penn state and paterno people. What a guy

I imagine some texans players could be in for a rude awakening (see:foster). Too used to that nonchalant kubiak bs. Hope that stench is gone forever

Y'alls theme is a god damn Miley Cyrus song. One and done is written all over you now

LOL HE CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL! LIKE THE MILEY CYRUS SONG! LOL!

#buclife #whensthedraft #chipotleisawesome

10469286603_3d3438387c_o.gif

Who honestly saw this season coming? The closest one I saw was a guy at a Texans forum who did predict them to go 6-10. Complete, unprecedented meltdown. Like Smokey stated earlier: there were still some successes. Schaub is gone, Kubiak is gone, Marciano is gone

Before the season started we had an argument because I said that the Texans would miss the playoffs.

bionic77

This game in gb will prepare the niners for our Super Bowl game in NY. Meanwhile the chargers will be ill prepared for the weather!
Considering Erron took like 8 weeks off to rest a bruised vagina will he even be willing to suit up when it is 40 below?

I would take the Niners over Rodgers but if Flynn comes in to clean up for Rodgers again I think I gotta take the Packers.

That's not bad. Has to put them over 200 games in a row.

That would be about 20 seasons worth of games. 20*8 = 160. If they got home field advantage every year since then and won their first playoff game they could get to 200.

The Broncos have sold out every game since 1970, regular season and playoffs.

gutshot

Who is calling the first NBC game tomorrow?

I always forget but NBC has a B team?

Hope Collinsworth and Al are doing the Eagles-Saints game.

Anyway listening to some sports radio and interesting point brought up. As good as Foles has played and he definitely is the QB of the future (for at least next season), but how much of it is McCoy and then running game threat? I hope Foles is the guy and we can focus on this up coming draft on building the defense but there is a little bit of me that is still not convinced.

His TD-INT #s are obviously are great but there were games and throws where he was extremely lucky to not have thrown picks. The ball just seemed to bounce all the right ways for him. And to a degree all QBs who have great seasons have this sort of luck but again makes me hesitant. I would love to see him lead the team next year with Maclin hopefully back and a better defense. I think we lose tomorrow night but this run sets us up really well for a possible SB run next season.

Chip's excellent use of the RBs and limiting the dependence on the QB doing everything also made me realize that we probably would have won a SB or two in McNabb's prime if Reid had been replaced. Westbrooke, like McCoy under Reid, was criminally under utilized in the running game. We had a stellar defense, Westbrook, and McNabb. Needed Chip :(

I think a lot of Foles' success does have to do with McCoy and the offensive line. But those pieces will all be there next year and the year after that and the year after that.... So why fret over whether Foles' can do it all by himself or not when he doesn't have to?

And yeah, there was a little bit of luck involved in Foles' ridiculous TD:INT ratio. But even if you give him 4 or 5 INTs he still has one of the best TD:INT ratios in the league. I'd be more worried if he was 18:10 or something and with less luck this year, he'd have a 1:1 ratio. But he had a ridiculous 27:2, so even if the luck isn't on his side next year and he goes 32:10, that'd still make him a top 10 QB.

In other words: yes, Foles had some luck this year but without it his season would have gone from historically great to merely great. Not pretty good to horrible.

Fantomex

It's nice and warm already here in Cali. Feels good man. I've gone on holidays, cabin in the snow and after about 3 hours I was ready to go home. Skip that.

Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86 1m
Bob Stoops on # Browns rumor/report on @ DanPatrickShow "I never acknowledge or deny whether somebody's contacted me or not"

Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86 25s
Stoops went on to say he doesn't talk about that stuff publicly. Didn't sound like ruling anything out. After 15 yrs, time for somethin new?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Morning all!!

bravely default is awesome!!

Gonna download it tonight, can't wait.

Also to go with the cold weather feels in here:

Currently it's -19C, feels like -25C...this morning when I left for work the wind chill made it feel like -30C

And a translation for you Americans:

"Currently it's -2.2F, feels like -13F...this morning when I bagged some milk the wind chill made it feel like -22F"

Dragon

Banned
That would be about 20 seasons worth of games. 20*8 = 160. If they got home field advantage every year since then and won their first playoff game they could get to 200.

The Broncos have sold out every game since 1970, regular season and playoffs.

Why are we talking about the Broncos?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ghost, you're my boy. I don't want to hurt you with my words, but why would anyone leave a successful organization to coach the Browns?

Because they believe they are the one who can turn it around, fame, money, new challenge, the list can go on.

Gonna download it tonight, can't wait.

Also to go with the cold weather feels in here:

Currently it's -19C, feels like -25C...this morning when I left for work the wind chill made it feel like -30C

And a translation for you Americans:

"Currently it's -2.2F, feels like -13F...this morning when I bagged some milk the wind chill made it feel like -22F"

You lost me at this part, say again?

Smokey

Bob McNair to start the press conference said he is ready to kick 2013 the hell out of the door and it was totally unacceptable.

lol

rando14

are any of you dudes brave enough to post your pre-season predictions? :cool:

Standings predictions:

NFC EAST: Washington

NFC NORTH: Detroit, Green Bay WC

NFC SOUTH: Atlanta

NFC WEST: Seattle, San Francisco WC

AFC EAST: New England

AFC NORTH: Cincinnati, Baltimore WC

AFC SOUTH: Houston, Indianapolis WC

AFC WEST: Denver

Not too bad I guess, no one really expected atlanta and houston to self-destruct like they did. woulda been right with Detroit if they hadnt crapped their pants either lol!!

None of the demo is in the game. You earn rewards for the final version for completing stuff in the demo.
Yeah I remember seeing that. I guess I just don't really want to start playing the game until I can jump into the entire thing. Plus I have basically zero free time currently, haha.

MechDX

Fantastic. RT @MarcSesslerNFL: Texans owner Bob McNair: "I'm ready to kick 2013 the hell out the door."

That's my owner!

Ghost, you're my boy. I don't want to hurt you with my words, but why would anyone leave a successful organization to coach the Browns?
*DrewCareyClevelandRocks.gif
He makes way more money at OU than he would make at Cleveland though. Chud made like half of what Stoops makes.
Pretty sure Chud was the lowest paid rookie HC. Browns could do that because it's not really like Chud was a hot commodity getting tons of Looks. I think we might of been the only team that gave him a interview. Pretty sure Jimmy and Front office isn't afraid to break the bank for a coach, we did want Chip.

I'm keeping an eye on all the college coaches Browns have been linked to in the week, I like to keep my hope at certain high levels.

All-Pro team is released

Offense
Quarterback: Peyton Manning, Denver. No second team quarterback.

Running backs: LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia; Jamaal Charles, Kansas City

Second team: Adrian Peterson, Minnesota; Eddie Lacy, Green Bay

Fullback: Mike Tolbert, Carolina. Second team: Marcel Reese, Oakland.

Tight End: Jimmy Graham, New Orleans. Second team: Vernon Davis, San Francisco.

Wide receivers: Calvin Johnson, Detroit; Josh Gordon, Cleveland.

Second team: A.J. Green, Cincinnati; Demaryius Thomas, Denver and Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh.

Tackles: Joe Thomas, Cleveland; Jason Peters, Philadelphia.

Second team: Tyron Smith, Dallas; Joe Staley, San Francisco.

Guards: Louis Vasquez, Denver; Evan Mathis, Philadelphia.

Second team: Jahri Evans, New Orleans; Logan Mankins, New England, and Josh Sitton, Green Bay.

Center: Ryan Kalil, Carolina. Second team: Alex Mack, Cleveland.

Defense

Defensive end: J.J. Watt, Houston; Robert Quinn, St. Louis.

Second team: Mario Williams, Buffalo; Greg Hardy, Carolina.

Defensive tackle: Gerald McCoy, Tampa Bay; Ndamukong Suh, Detroit.

Second team: Dontari Poe, Kansas City; Muhammad Wilkerson, New York Jets, Jurrell Casey, Tennessee and Justin Smith, San Francisco.

Outside linebackers: Robert Mathis, Indianapolis; Lavonte David, Tampa Bay.

Second team: Tamba Hali, Kansas City; Ahmad Brooks, San Francisco.

Inside linebackers: Luke Kuechly, Carolina; NaVorro Bowman, San Francisco.

Second team: Vontaze Burfict, Cincinnati; Karlos Dansby, Arizona.

Cornerbacks: Richard Sherman, Seattle; Patrick Peterson, Arizona.

Second team: Aqib Talib, New England; Joe Haden, Cleveland and Alterraun Verner, Tennessee.

Safeties: Earl Thomas, Seattle; Eric Berry, Kansas City.

Second team: Eric Weddle, San Diego; Kam Chancellor, Seattle, Jairus Byrd, Buffalo, T.J. Ward, Cleveland, Devin McCourty, New England and Antrel Rolle, New York Giants.

Special Teams

Punter: Johnny Hekker, St. Louis. Second team: Brandon Fields, Miami.

Placekicker: Justin Tucker, Baltimore. Second team: Matt Prater, Denver.

Kick Returner: Cordarrelle Patterson, Minnesota. Second team: Dexter McCluster, Kansas City.

Top Bottom