• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Fantomex

Then they probably have evidence that he is a pedophile and told him to either take the Browns job or lube up.

Why

tumblr_lwg6i8oZFq1qzjix8.gif

ShaneB

Almost back to my place in Toronto, hanging out in Montreal. I'm excited for Football tomorrow!! Football! Go teams!

effzee

I think a lot of Foles' success does have to do with McCoy and the offensive line. But those pieces will all be there next year and the year after that and the year after that.... So why fret over whether Foles' can do it all by himself or not when he doesn't have to?

And yeah, there was a little bit of luck involved in Foles' ridiculous TD:INT ratio. But even if you give him 4 or 5 INTs he still has one of the best TD:INT ratios in the league. I'd be more worried if he was 18:10 or something and with less luck this year, he'd have a 1:1 ratio. But he had a ridiculous 27:2, so even if the luck isn't on his side next year and he goes 32:10, that'd still make him a top 10 QB.

In other words: yes, Foles had some luck this year but without it his season would have gone from historically great to merely great. Not pretty good to horrible.

Just being cautious. I have seen QBs have a hot run and then be figured out the following season.

Of course wishing for the best but just holding back still.

Do you guys think divsion winner should automatically get a home game as their reward or should it go by record? I guess the easiest example is GB hosting a game with 8-7-1 record vs a 12-4 team in the 49'ers.

Yeah I think you win the division you should get in but the home field should be decided based on record.

Of course I say this and it would mean the Eagles would have to travel to NO for what would be an automatic loss.

Crisco

Banned
I don't see anything flash in the pan about Foles. He's just a tall dude who makes good decisions and throws the ball accurately. There is really no adjusting to that. I can't say what his ceiling is, but I don't see him flaming out. He's proven he can play.

bionic77

I don't see anything flash in the pan about Foles. He's just a tall dude who makes good decisions and throws the ball accurately. There is really no adjusting to that. I can't say what his ceiling is, but I don't see him flaming out. He's proven he can play.
I can't say he is a franchise qb but it is safe to say he is not a bum and is pretty good and worth taking a chance on.

If there was a glaring weakness to his game it would have come out by now.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Real tempted to go to the Packer game on Sunday. A lot of tickets are selling for around a hundred, but it's going to be one of the coldest games in history. I think I'll go with my brother if my niece bails out.

gutshot

Pretty much. I see his ceiling as someone like Joe Flacco. Considering he is a Super Bowl MVP, I will take that.

Can't wait to see the Niners get destroyed this Sunday. Watching them lose is like a Steeler SB win in itself.

Of course that is all you can look forward to because your own team is a joke. Keep the niner hate alive though! Makes it all the more delicious when kap makes you look like a stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch as usual!

harSon

Banned
I can't say he is a franchise qb but it is safe to say he is not a bum and is pretty good and worth taking a chance on.

Eh, glaring weaknesses within a player are typically masked until a player's second full season. The 'sophomore slump' is just code word for opposing teams having enough tape to properly game plan. If he's anything less than what we've seen up until this point, we'll likely see it in the playoffs, and exacerbated the following season.

bionic77

Pretty much. I see his ceiling as someone like Joe Flacco. Considering he is a Super Bowl MVP, I will take that.
Foles is better than Flacco.

Flacco can only do one thing. Chuck it deep and either draw the pass INT or hit the home run big play/TD. Foles has actually run an offense in his first season. Burt still can't do it after a few years in the league.

LOL, even though he has drastically improved his arm strength from last year no way is he close to Flacco in that department, plus Flacco is the most clutch QB in the NFL. Hopefully Foles is one of those guys that plays better when the stakes get higher but I really doubt it.

harSon

Banned
Of course that is all you can look forward to because your own team is a joke. Keep the niner hate alive though! Makes it all the more delicious when kap makes you look like a stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch as usual!

What has Kaep done to make me look like a stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch? Lose a SB and suck against quality opponents while padding his stats against the bottom feeders of the league? You're just mad your shit QB shops in the kids section at Lids, and your wife beating coach has made a career of falling short.

Greg

the sky's the limit they said
sample size means nothing
AkJ4fMt.png

bionic77

Eh, glaring weaknesses within a player are typically masked until a player's second full season. The 'sophomore slump' is just code word for opposing teams having enough tape to properly game plan. If he's anything less than what we've seen up until this point, we'll likely see it in the playoffs, and exacerbated the following season.
If there is something he has problems with it is going to come out in the playoffs.

Also you can still disguise certain weakness if the rest of the team is strong and having the best RB in the league is still and will always be the best cure for that.

Tom Penny

Matt Cassell somehow threw 27 TD's and only 7 Int's in his 3rd full season and he's certified garbage.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
LOL, even though he has drastically improved his arm strength from last year no way is he close to Flacco in that department, plus Flacco is the most clutch QB in the NFL. Hopefully Foles is one of those guys that plays better when the stakes get higher but I really doubt it.

LOL, even though he has drastically improved his arm strength from last year no way is he close to Flacco in that department, plus Flacco is the most clutch QB in the NFL.

Flacco is the most clutch QB in the NFL.

ihwzGyz2eWi02.gif

bionic77

You son of a.....

Why do you have to taunt Larry like that? Dude just went through a tough divorce and here you are slinging shit directly in his face?

gutshot

That's why I said ceiling. We'll have to see how clutch he plays in the postseason, but he was pretty clutch down the stretch while the Eagles were pushing to make the playoffs.

I just listened to the FIRST TAKE podcast

Skip Bayless just said Aaron Rodgers is the 5th best QB in the NFL

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Russell Wilson
Aaron Rodgers

Going to reuse this gif

ihwzGyz2eWi02.gif

What has Kaep done to make me look like a stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch? Lose a SB and suck against quality opponents while padding his stats against the bottom feeders of the league? You're just mad your shit QB shops in the kids section at Lids, and your wife beating coach has made a career of falling short.

Why would I be mad about kaps off field activities? It's not like he's a rapist

And I'd rather have a free spirit like harbs than The Puppet! I would give you hope that one day you'll find your harbs but you never will with your awful owners. Squicken while you can brah

squicken

It's almost like Stoops wants the Cleveland job. He's flirted with leaving before, and I wonder what pushed him over the edge? His program has been down and he hasn't recruited well recently. I wonder if he wants out with his college legacy in tact?

Getting that win last night was HUGE for him and how he was being perceived. He's now won every BCS Bowl. Not bad

That's why I said ceiling. We'll have to see how clutch he plays in the postseason, but he was pretty clutch down the stretch while the Eagles were pushing to make the playoffs.

Yeah I cant wait to see how he does in his first game. Saints D is fucking legit so I am very worried about that. Mcnabb used to look great in the regular season, and then he would be bouncing passes at the feet of open guys in the playoffs. It is just such a different level of pressure.

Top Bottom