• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

He has been plenty terrible in the playoffs too. Last year was the biggest aberration of all time. Dude is a one trick pony. Somehow all the coaches the Ravens faced last year sucked balls and played him in a way that suited those strengths but he is a fraud.

If you don't believe me than go ahead and ask a Ravens fan. 8 out of 10 of them will agree with me.

I missed this post somehow.

Flacco's RECORD in the playoffs + his most recent performance, has created the perception that he's always been great in the playoffs, which is completely untrue. Other than last year, when he played out of his mind, he's been totally pedestrian. Our running game and defense drug him to the playoffs for his first four years, and got him some wins. Last year, when our defense and running game drug him to the playoffs, he actually performed well....Superbowl.

Having said that, Bionic, you're wrong. Unfortunately, only about 1 out of 2 Ravens fans will agree with you. The rest are a bunch of marks.

Eleuin

GET WELL SOON, JERMICHAEL!

#YOTTO
to_crying.gif

cashman

Banned
Flacco regular season: 60.23% completions 224.43 YPG 1.55 TD:INT ratio 83.7 rating 6.59 AY/A

Flacco post season: 55.5% completions 205.54 YPG 2:1 TD:INT ratio 86.2 rating 7.22 AY/A

The myth of Joe Flacco being a better QB in the post season is kind of crazy. He's almost the exact same guy.

bu bu bu ringzzzzzzzz

effzee

Thinking of what or who on each unit needs to come up big:

Defense : Patrick Chung.

Unfortunately Earl Wolff won't be playing. Chung will start. For the most part he has been ok and certainly better than the Coleman who was our starter last year.

But he can't whiff on any tackles like I did against the Cowboys on that Dez touchdown on the 4th and 9.

While our secondary coverage skills are terrible the one thing I do love is that they usually tackle well. They like to bring the guy down. They don't run away from the hit. Chung loves to hit hard but he can't make that his only goal.

Jimmy Graham is going to get the best of our LBs. He simply put is better than our LBs and our LBs strength is in run support and blitzing, not coverage. Chung better be ready to not only cover but bring down Graham as soon as he makes a catch.

Offense : McCoy (duh) but also Chip feeding McCoy

Couple of times this season Chip has called some bizarre games with terrible decisions. We have to stick to what works. Saints D is much improved and if you were to pick at one area it would be the run D.

We have to feed the ball to McCoy 25 + times. The screen game needs to be a big part of the gameplan. Not just to McCoy but WRs and TEs too. And McCoy needs to hit the fucking holes or go where the play is designed. Too many times he cuts back just to cut back and where he could have picked up 5 yards or more, he picks up 1-2. Its hard to complain about him but he really needs to be disciplined and stick the play design. Make your cuts or moves at the 2nd level.

I think as long as Chip is creative but sticks to what works for us, we should be able to score 20 points at least. I don't want to see Foles throwing 35 or more times.

If anything I would like to see more shorter middle of the field passes to the TEs because all three of our guys can run after the catch. Lull the Saints into covering the shorter stuff and the running attack before taking a couple of shots deep with Desean

Special Teams : DeSean Jackson

When he goes back to receive punts, most teams avoid kicking to him but if he gets a chance he has to get them great field position. Sproles is going to do the same for the Saints. Eagles need an explosive element here to help out.

JABEE

Thinking of what or who on each unit needs to come up big:

Defense : Patrick Chung.

Unfortunately Earl Wolff won't be playing. Chung will start. For the most part he has been ok and certainly better than the Coleman who was our starter last year.

But he can't whiff on any tackles like I did against the Cowboys on that Dez touchdown on the 4th and 9.

While our secondary coverage skills are terrible the one thing I do love is that they usually tackle well. They like to bring the guy down. They don't run away from the hit. Chung loves to hit hard but he can't make that his only goal.

Jimmy Graham is going to get the best of our LBs. He simply put is better than our LBs and our LBs strength is in run support and blitzing, not coverage. Chung better be ready to not only cover but bring down Graham as soon as he makes a catch.

News from about an hour ago.

Wolff was a full participant in practice today. He is expected to play tomorrow. Supposedly he was cleared by doctors for the Dallas game, but was not mentally ready. He tested his knee yesterday and said he felt "good."

I'm pretty sure Wolff will be playing. Graham and Colston are my biggest concerns going into the game. Graham more specifically is frightening when you imagine him up against one of our terrible safeties.

Apparently almost nobody has showed up to Dolphins HQ today, only Ireland was there for a few hours, no owner/coaches/assistants, I guess another day of nothing.

I think division winners should always have home field advantage. Wildcards are lucky to even get in. You have already proven you should not represent your division over the course of 16 games.

Was this posted?

Weird. didn't hear any rumblings about about that from any of the beat guys.

Only reason I can think of is that they're going to stick with power blocking and scrap trying to go outside zone.
edit: Wexell is implying it's because the outside zone got scrapped so early in the preseason..

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 7s
P&G and its brands Tide, Gillette, Cover Girl and Bounty bought remaining tickets to Sunday's Chargers-Bengals game. Sellout, no blackout.

Access Vikings ‏@AccessVikings 14m
Breaking: #Vikings retain former state chief justice, U.S. attorney to investigate allegations by Chris Kluwe.

AFAIK All of the wild card games have now sold out and have avoided being blacked out in local markets

P&G and its brands Tide, Gillette, Cover Girl and Bounty bought remaining tickets to Sunday's Chargers-Bengals game. Sellout, no blackout.

Breaking: #Vikings retain former state chief justice, U.S. attorney to investigate allegations by Chris Kluwe.

Cover Girl da god.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 50s

Texans owner Bob McNair said Houston is willing to trade No. 1 overall pick so it can land another QB and a defensive player as well.

Rams and Houston trying to trade out of the top spots. Or just noise?

Some divisions don't deserve to be represented in the playoffs though.

Giants were 9-7 and for most of the season didn't look like a playoff team yet they went on to win the SB, the seeding should stay if you can't win your division deal with the consequences of being the wild card...

Giants were 9-7 and for most of the season didn't look like a playoff team yet they went on to win the SB, the seeding should stay if you can't win your division deal with the consequences of being the wild card...

Easy to say playing in one of the most pathetic and embarrassing divisions in football. Which team wants to clear 8-8 and this year!?!?!?

bionic77

AFAIK All of the wild card games have now sold out and have avoided being blacked out in local markets
For shame Bungles.

What a shitty fanbase.

God no one seems to want to go to a playoff game this year.

JABEE

Both the Packers and Colts had their tickets bought by banks or corporations. What is the status on the Colts game?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
For shame Bungles.

What a shitty fanbase.

God no one seems to want to go to a playoff game this year.

Can't blame people really. Cost to watch a game on TV is free and all your food and beer doesn't cost an arm and a leg. And you don't have to freeze your ass off in the process.

League will eventually have to take some steps to make the stadium experience slightly less shitty.

JABEE

Panthers tickets sold out in 3 minutes. Of course, they don't play in an uninhabitable frozen toilet bowl like Cincinnati or Green Bay.
The Eagles Wild Card game sold out in 3 minutes too and it's going to be really cold too. Not Green Bay cold though.

Apparently the Philadelphia Police Department are going to put under cover officers in the stands wearing Saints jerseys.

Quite frankly I hope they arrest some morons harassing other fans and set some examples. Shit needs to stop.

Top Bottom