• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

MechDX

MC1dGE3.jpg

Out with Toro, in with Lady. #newmascot
I believe that in Iroquois folklore a ladybug was a harbinger of multiple Super Bowl appearances.
Seth Payne twitter

bionic77

Sorry but it is true. Flacco is terrible in the regular season, but get him in the playoffs and he is actually good. It is the craziest thing.
He has been plenty terrible in the playoffs too. Last year was the biggest aberration of all time. Dude is a one trick pony. Somehow all the coaches the Ravens faced last year sucked balls and played him in a way that suited those strengths but he is a fraud.

If you don't believe me than go ahead and ask a Ravens fan. 8 out of 10 of them will agree with me.

Do you guys think divsion winner should automatically get a home game as their reward or should it go by record? I guess the easiest example is GB hosting a game with 8-7-1 record vs a 12-4 team in the 49'ers.

I've long argued that winning your division should get you in the playoffs, but if your record sucks, you should get kicked down in the seeding. If that means you have to go on the road, then so be it. If you want a home game, win more games.

Sanjuro

the best is when you just finish and then a plow comes down the road

last time I threw my arms up and the driver honked his horn

You have to be careful with that around here. Most of those guys are fucking wasted by this time. One time guy did the neighbors end, got stuck and backed up into another car in driveway after flooring it in reverse.

bionic77

the best is when you just finish and then a plow comes down the road

last time I threw my arms up and the driver honked his horn
The best is when you park on the street and you have spent an hour cleaning 2 feet of snow around your car creating the perfect space and then as you are walking back to your apartment a snow truck just fucks it all up.

The second best is when some stupid asshole (probably a Pats fan) steals the spot you spend hours laboring on.

JCizzle

Why would I be mad about kaps off field activities? It's not like he's a rapist

And I'd rather have a free spirit like harbs than The Puppet! I would give you hope that one day you'll find your harbs but you never will with your awful owners. Squicken while you can brah

I mad because he spent the whole off season lifting and didn't improve as an actual QB. Needs to be a student of the game like the GOATs Steve and Joe.

Greg

You have to be careful with that around here. Most of those guys are fucking wasted by this time. One time guy did the neighbors end, got stuck and backed up into another car in driveway after flooring it in reverse.
they work some bad hours and show no mercy

The best is when you park on the street and you have spent an hour cleaning 2 feet of snow around your car creating the perfect space and then as you are walking back to your apartment a snow truck just fucks it all up.

The second best is when some stupid asshole (probably a Pats fan) steals the spot you spend hours laboring on.
:jnc @ probably a Pats fan

I mad because he spent the whole off season buying shoes and didn't improve as an actual QB. Needs to be a student of the game like the GOATs Steve and Joe.
fixed

JABEE

The Saints fans' "Rocky" run through Philly has been cancelled on the basis of some Eagles fans promising to be less than hospitable.

I called it.

There was no way that event was going to happen once it got out. It was basically a "let's subvert one of Philadelphia's positive national images and tell everyone when and where we're going to do it." This is without mentioning the 7 inches of snow and sub-freezing temperatures that we are experiencing right now. It was never a good idea even in the planning stages.

Also, it's good to see that Shady, Peters, and Mathis made the All-Pro team. Mathis not making the Pro Bowl is a big snub, but in the end, who expects anything from the Pro Bowl?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I called it.

There was no way that event was going to happen once it got out. It was basically a "let's subvert one of Philadelphia's positive national images and tell everyone when and where we're going to do it." This is without mentioning the 7 inches of snow and sub-freezing temperatures that we are experiencing right now. It was never a good idea even in the planning stages.

Also, it's good to see that Shady, Peters, and Mathis made the All-Pro team. Mathis not making the Pro Bowl is a big snub, but in the end, who expects anything from the Pro Bowl?

Wait, how do you make it as an All-Pro and not be a Pro Bowler?

Madness. All-Pro is vastly superior anyway.

That's Sheldon Brown. It was all downhill from there.

I used to like that Eagles defense. I always thought it was awesome when Lito Sheppard took back a TO for a touchdown how the whole crowd would do the "Lido Shuffle" ooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOooooo.

cashman

Banned
It's almost like Stoops wants the Cleveland job. He's flirted with leaving before, and I wonder what pushed him over the edge? His program has been down and he hasn't recruited well recently. I wonder if he wants out with his college legacy in tact?

Getting that win last night was HUGE for him and how he was being perceived. He's now won every BCS Bowl. Not bad

I'd hate it if Stoops left. OU still hasn't been Nebraska'd and last night's win helped a ton.

JABEE

I used to like that Eagles defense. I always thought it was awesome when Lito Sheppard took back a TO for a touchdown how the whole crowd would do the "Lido Shuffle" ooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOooooo.

I miss those days. Hopefully brighter days are ahead of the Eagles. It feels pretty good to be back in the playoffs.

Sorry but it is true. Flacco is terrible in the regular season, but get him in the playoffs and he is actually good. It is the craziest thing.

Flacco regular season: 60.23% completions 224.43 YPG 1.55 TD:INT ratio 83.7 rating 6.59 AY/A

Flacco post season: 55.5% completions 205.54 YPG 2:1 TD:INT ratio 86.2 rating 7.22 AY/A

The myth of Joe Flacco being a better QB in the post season is kind of crazy. He's almost the exact same guy.

bionic77

I mad because he spent the whole off season lifting and didn't improve as an actual QB. Needs to be a student of the game like the GOATs Steve and Joe.
Lay off him. He wants to have a hot beach bod for the summer time. Dude has his priorities straight. First the brims, then the rims, then the biceps and then maybe if he falls into it maybe a SuperBowl win.

effzee

Yeah I cant wait to see how he does in his first game. Saints D is fucking legit so I am very worried about that. Mcnabb used to look great in the regular season, and then he would be bouncing passes at the feet of open guys in the playoffs. It is just such a different level of pressure.

Apparently McNabb only felt that pressure in NFCCGs or the SB. All other rounds of the playoffs? No pressure.

I miss those days. Hopefully brighter days are ahead of the Eagles. It feels pretty good to be back in the playoffs.

We let go of both Lito and Sheldon way too early and for all the wrong reasons. Kept loading up with 3 starting caliber CBs which would leave one guy catching feelings for a reduced role as a nickel CB.

Lito bitched first so they just shipped him out.

Sheldon wanted a raise. How dare he?!?!?!?! They shipped him out.

Asante was left. Great ball hawk but couldn't and wouldn't tackle for shit. At least Lito and Sheldon wanted to hit and tackle. Make matters worse they added two more guys who wanted nothing to do with tacking in Nnamdi and DRC.

Completely botched up the secondary when the real needs were up at LB and Safeties, especially after letting Dawkins and Mikell go. Still don't have adequate safeties while Mickell is on the really good Carolina D.

Matt Cassell somehow threw 27 TD's and only 7 Int's in his 3rd full season and he's certified garbage.

This is my fear too. Eagles have enough weapons on offense and a good OLINE to make most QBs look good as long as they do their part. Obviously Foles has exceeded even those expectations but I want to see him in the playoffs and then next season where teams have a full off season to break down Chip, Foles, and the offense in general.

Hopefully the return of the MAClin and an improved D counters any ground the division gains.

I can finally officially call Peterson All-Pro...right before we offer him his new contract :|

So Pats GAF, what are the chances you don't resign Talib? We probably won't fork over the money he'll want but it'd be pretty sweet to have him as a #2 across Peterson.

Top Bottom