• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

JABEE

Apparently the Philadelphia Police Department are going to put under cover officers in the stands wearing Saints Jerseys.

Quite frankly I hope they arrest some morons harassing other fans and set some examples. Shit needs to stop.

I posted an article yesterday. I hope it puts a seed of doubt in people's heads before they bother opposing fans.

bionic77

Can't blame people really. Cost to watch a game on TV is free and all your food and beer doesn't cost an arm and a leg. And you don't have to freeze your ass off in the process.

League will eventually have to take some steps to make the stadium experience slightly less shitty.
Fuck that shit. If you team is going to the playoffs it should be easy to sell out.

Even if it is cold as shit. There is nothing that compares to going to a live game and seeing your team win in the postseason or pull off something special.

I wouldn't want to go to a regular season game in Pittsburgh in December unless it had some significance but I would gladly pay a few hundred dollars and put on my long johns to see them punk out Flacco or Tammy in the playoffs.

Crisco

Banned
Man, some of the factoids from "the Ice Bowl" are insane, look at this shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_NFL_Championship_Game#Weather

The University of Wisconsin–La Crosse (then Wisconsin State University–La Crosse) Marching Chiefs band were scheduled to perform the pre-game and half-time shows. However, during warm-ups in the brutal cold, the woodwind instruments froze and would not play; the mouthpieces of brass instruments got stuck to the players' lips; and seven members of the band were transported to local hospitals for hypothermia. The band's further performances were canceled for the day.[citation needed] During the game, an elderly spectator in the stands died from exposure.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

Ravens and Giants updates:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 5m

Ravens announce RB coach Wilbert Montgomery will not be back in 2014.

---------------------

Ebenezer Samuel @ebenezersamuel 11m

Also hearing QB coach Sean Ryan and special teams coordinator Tom Quinn could have heads on chopping block next. Nothing for sure, of course

I've been calling for Quinn's head for years. ST has always been average at best for us outside of Weatherford being a beast during the SB run. It's a much needed change.

simples

Banned
Even if it is cold as shit. There is nothing that compares to going to a live game .......

.......I wouldn't want to go to a regular season game in Pittsburgh in December
spoken like a true gata

no wonder you like the lakers, Yankees and steelers

Greg

Easy to say playing in one of the most pathetic and embarrassing divisions in football. Which team wants to clear 8-8 and this year!?!?!?
come on now, you of all people should know how things can change

5pxieJP.png

bionic77

spoken like a true gata

no wonder you like the lakers, Yankees and steelers
That is the shittiest attempt at selective quoting that I have seen in a long ass time.

You must a close relative to Gata.

Also, fuck the Yankees. Fuck baseball. And as always, fuck the Patriots and lets all pray for their downfall.

P.S. Lakers are worse at basketball than Gata is at Algebra so that is not the best example to use if you are going to accuse me of bandwagoning.

That is the shittiest attempt at selective quoting that I have seen in a long ass time.

You must a close relative to Gata.

Also, fuck the Yankees. Fuck baseball. And as always, fuck the Patriots and lets all pray for their downfall.

P.S. Lakers are worse at basketball than Gata is at Algebra so that is not the best example to use if you are going to accuse me of bandwagoning.

Yes, the Lakers have never been very good. Second place to the greatest franchise in basketball history, the Boston Celtics.

TheFatOne

I have been meaning to ask this for a while but Giants fans wtf happened to Eli? I could understand a higher number of interceptions due to a bad oline, but 27 interceptions is inexcusable. What it just all poor decision making?

effzee

News from about an hour ago.

Wolff was a full participant in practice today. He is expected to play tomorrow. Supposedly he was cleared by doctors for the Dallas game, but was not mentally ready. He tested his knee yesterday and said he felt "good."

I'm pretty sure Wolff will be playing. Graham and Colston are my biggest concerns going into the game. Graham more specifically is frightening when you imagine him up against one of our terrible safeties.

Awesome news! Still biggest worry on D. Our safeties covering the Saints TE and RBs.

I feel more comfortable with Wolff back in the line up. Also allows them to use Chung as an extra LB around the line of scrimmage instead of being a huge liability in coverage.

Sproles and Graham scare the shit out of me.

Saints fan(s) how is your rookie LT playing? Should Trent Cole feast on him?

Apparently the Philadelphia Police Department are going to put under cover officers in the stands wearing Saints jerseys.

Quite frankly I hope they arrest some morons harassing other fans and set some examples. Shit needs to stop.

Such an embarrassment. If only Philly fans would learn from other fan bases and behave!

bionic77

oh that's right you're a heat "fan" now. at least gata sticks with his wagons and doesnt jump every 5 years
Is this what passes as an insult now?

This shit is so dumb I am almost convinced that this is a Gata alt...

Yes, the Lakers have never been very good. Second place to the greatest franchise in basketball history, the Boston Celtics.
When I started watching the Lakers in the 80s I didn't know shit about their history. I just knew that Magic Johnson was an advanced human being and I wanted to emulate him in every way possible (as any intelligent person from that time period would think). And its not like they have always been dominant.

Even the Celtics, whom I hate, have sucked more often than not since Bird left. If you remembered that you were a Celtics fan in 2008 then go fuck yourself. But if you stuck around and got to see Pierces amazing 105 FT attempts against the Pacers and the other 2 good moments before 2008 then you are a real fan. Likewise I was still a fan when Cedric Ceballos (objectively the best player of the 90s) was trying to dominate, only to be held back by a crooked league.

Crisco

Banned
Road woes aside, I expect the Saints to beat the Eagles. We're not talking a tough physical defense that can beat the Saints up at the line of scrimmage like all their prior losses. It's basically going to be a battle of two soft teams and I think Saints have the advantage on both sides of the ball. All they really have to do is stop McCoy from beating them by himself (which is definitely a possibility).

dionysus

Yaldog
Back in the good ole days when tickets were cheap Philly fans used to go to games to harass their own team and Andy Reid.

I had an encounter, probably about 2006 or 07, at Green Bay vs. the Eagles where some drunk Philly fans wouldn't shut up about Reid liking to punt on third down. Must have heard the same joke 50 times. They also were inappropriately massaging two of my freinds sitting in front of them. Not sure why my friends put up with it for pretty much all the 4th quarter and I still give them shit to this day about it.

Pete Carroll on defense:

1. Limit Explosive Plays
2. Make the Opponent One-Dimensional
3. Get the Ball
4. Out-hit/Out-physical the Opponent

Pete Carroll on offense:

1. Make Explosive Plays
2. Be Balanced, Never be One-Dimensional
3. Protect the Ball
4. Be Physical

And that's pretty much what you see from us.
Aren't these the kind of things just about every team TRIES to achieve though? Not making any judgement on the seahawks here, they're damn good, but those are just sports cliches at this point

Mrbob

The Boers and Bernstein show on 670TheScore is the best. I swear they look to get the stupid on air. Some dude called in and started complaining about the Cutler contract because the Sehawks are only paying Wilson 500K a season. He couldn't grasp the concept Russell is on his rookie contract nor did he care. The call was so good.

MRSA

Banned
When I started watching the Lakers in the 80s I didn't know shit about their history. I just knew that Magic Johnson was an advanced human being and I wanted to emulate him in every way possible (as any intelligent person from that time period would think). And its not like they have always been dominant.

So you're saying you wanted HIV?

I suppose from him being so advanced, he beat it from becoming full blown AIDS.

rando14

Aren't these the kind of things just about every team TRIES to achieve though? Not making any judgement on the seahawks here, they're damn good, but those are just sports cliches at this point

old quote lol

But to be fair, russell and pete carroll's answers to questions are pretty much always cliches. "Our players have made tremendous plays" "We need to protect the football" "the separation is in the preparation"

They never really say anything groundbreaking, but then again i see no reason for them to

So rumors have it that Philbin doesn't want to fire Sherman, so there is talk of promoting him to assistant head coach and getting a new OC....SMH why can't Ross just grow a pair and clean house. Fucken worthless owner.

old quote lol

But to be fair, russell and pete carroll's answers to questions are pretty much always cliches. "Our players have made tremendous plays" "We need to protect the football" "the separation is in the preparation"

They never really say anything groundbreaking, but then again i see no reason for them to
Yea That's all I was trying to say is that its just coachspeak at this point. Tons of other coaches say the same things

come on now, you of all people should know how things can change

5pxieJP.png

Oh I know how terrible the NFC West has been. How many years in a row is it now that the NFCE has struggled to find a division winner? Its usually the 8-7 cowboys vs 8-7 giants or something in week 17.

rando14

@AdamSchefter:

Chiefs ruled out OT Eric Fisher, 2013 No. 1 overall pick, with groin and shoulder injuries. LB Tamba Hali is questionable with knee injury.

I'm really worried the weather is going to lead to some kind of crazy turnover fest that might help the packers win.

niners are as well polished as it gets, no sense worrying imo!! :)

Apparently the Philadelphia Police Department are going to put under cover officers in the stands wearing Saints jerseys.

Good. No idea why they pride themselves in being morons. Hope a bunch of them get arrested and their faces get plastered all over the local news.

Good. No idea why they pride themselves in being morons. Hope a bunch of them get arrested and their faces get plastered all over the local news.

I have never met a single Eagles fan that prided themselves on violence toward other teams fans since I have lived in this city or state. Sadly it's a combination of drunkenness and a thug mentality on the behalf of a few bad seeds.

mr2xxx

Banned
Even the Celtics, whom I hate, have sucked more often than not since Bird left. If you remembered that you were a Celtics fan in 2008 then go fuck yourself. But if you stuck around and got to see Pierces amazing 105 FT attempts against the Pacers and the other 2 good moments before 2008 then you are a real fan. Likewise I was still a fan when Cedric Ceballos (objectively the best player of the 90s) was trying to dominate, only to be held back by a crooked league.

I still remember his 50pt game, good times

49ers just getting to green bay tonight. Gonna be a nice shock waking up Sunday. Meanwhile the Packers are chilling in the cold with Rodgers throwing rocket balls like its a sunny day in Cali

Can't wait. 49ers have no shot!

I have never met a single Eagles fan that prided themselves on violence toward other teams fans since I have lived in this city or state. Sadly it's a combination of drunkenness and a thug mentality on the behalf of a few bad seeds.

You may have never met one but it is obviously a huge problem in Philly. Other teams have drunk fans that don't throw things or try and physically harass fans for visiting teams. If it weren't a problem then cops wouldn't be dressing up as opposing fans to catch them.

Any of you festering wounds known as Niners fans want to avatar bet with any of my Packlings?

After Sunday, you'll think all of 49ers GAF is me.
You know what, let's do it, I haven't been a member in NFL gaf very long, it's about time I did my first avatar bet. GO niners biiiiiiiiitch 1 week?

You may have never met one but it is obviously a huge problem in Philly. Other teams have drunk fans that don't throw things or try and physically harass fans for visiting teams. If it weren't a problem then cops wouldn't be dressing up as opposing fans to catch them.
The undercover cop thing has been happening for awhile at most stadiums in the NFL

Top Bottom