• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

You may have never met one but it is obviously a huge problem in Philly. Other teams have drunk fans that don't throw things or try and physically harass fans for visiting teams. If it weren't a problem then cops wouldn't be dressing up as opposing fans to catch them.

Even if there are 500 people doing it out of 68,000 you've got to get police involved to get it to stop, or get stadium management to eject people more often. Those 500 people would represent less than 1% of the crowd, but it's the only 1% the reputation is derived from sadly. A huge problem? Most games don't have issues, but some do. None should. That's why I am all for a proactive approach to eliminating it.

As far as I know the biggest problem is actually after the game when drunk people get on the streets and get it into their head there isn't any consequences for their actions. Undercovers would go a long way toward helping that problem.

JCizzle

49ers just getting to green bay tonight. Gonna be a nice shock waking up Sunday. Meanwhile the Packers are chilling in the cold with Rodgers throwing rocket balls like its a sunny day in Cali

Can't wait. 49ers have no shot!

Too bad he doesn't have a defense to practice against.

effzee

You may have never met one but it is obviously a huge problem in Philly. Other teams have drunk fans that don't throw things or try and physically harass fans for visiting teams. If it weren't a problem then cops wouldn't be dressing up as opposing fans to catch them.

And you are a moron if you think this problem is exclusive to Philly or its fans.

Any sporting event where alcohol is consumed is going to lead to some idiots starting fights.

There have been stabbings, shootings, brawls, and throwing shit at many other venues. But yeah its Philly and fans being proud of being "thugs".

Good if the cops are using this strategy. But to act like this happens more frequently in Philly or even at every game is stupid and false. For the past 3 years I have been to at least one game per season and I have not seen one brawl break out or fans throwing stuff.

Zozz

Banned
As much as I want the 49ers to win, i don't think they have a shot in GB. The weather out there is going to crush Kapernick, and level up Rodgers.... Seriously fuck the Lions... Anyone but the Packers.. God damn it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why are the Texans trying to trade the first pick? Draft JFF and win 8 Super Bowls

Texans have a total of 2 playoff wins in their entire franchise history.

JFF needs to go a franchise with a better tradition of winning playoff games like the Jaguars or the Browns.

edit: sorry I sold them 1 short.

You know what, let's do it, I haven't been a member in NFL gaf very long, it's about time I did my first avatar bet. GO niners biiiiiiiiitch 1 week?
See one of my Packlings, my heart (and butt) is already taken by FMT's lustful gaze.

1. Bucket & FMT: Accepted, 1-week
2. TheLegendary & TheKaeptain: Accepted, 1-week
3. Greg & Drakeon: Accepted, 1-week
4. Eleuin & DuffMcWalin, Accepted, 1-week
5. ConradCervantes looking for a partner for the dance

Is anyone else man enough to bet?

Crisco

Banned
The Texans should definitely shop around the pick. All the QBs in this draft have glaring weaknesses and if some stupid GM is willing to give them a king's ransom for the pick, they should listen. They could still find their guy later in the first round.

squicken

Texans have a total of 2 playoff wins in their entire franchise history.

JFF needs to go a franchise with a better tradition of winning playoff games like the Jaguars or the Browns.

edit: sorry I sold them 1 short.

Seems like all the Browns and Jags fans don't want Manziel. They think he is Tebow. The SBN Jags site is particularly salty about it

Even if there are 500 people doing it out of 68,000 you've got to get police involved to get it to stop, or get stadium management to eject people more often. Those 500 people would represent less than 1% of the crowd, but it's the only 1% the reputation is derived from sadly. A huge problem? Most games don't have issues, but some do. None should. That's why I am all for a proactive approach to eliminating it.

As far as I know the biggest problem is actually after the game when drunk people get on the streets and get it into their head there isn't any consequences for their actions. Undercovers would go a long way toward helping that problem.

I feel you. I personally know people who were harassed and called racial slurs out there before, that's why im speaking so harshly about them. This happened back in like 03 or 04. Last time we played the Eagles in Philly.

And you are a moron if you think this problem is exclusive to Philly or its fans.

Any sporting event where alcohol is consumed is going to lead to some idiots starting fights.

There have been stabbings, shootings, brawls, and throwing shit at many other venues. But yeah its Philly and fans being proud of being "thugs".

Good if the cops are using this strategy. But to act like this happens more frequently in Philly or even at every game is stupid and false. For the past 3 years I have been to at least one game per season and I have not seen one brawl break out or fans throwing stuff.
I never said Philly fans were the only terrible fanbase in the league. But you guys are the poster for it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Texans should definitely shop around the pick. All the QBs in this draft have glaring weaknesses and if some stupid GM is willing to give them a king's ransom for the pick, they should listen. They could still find their guy later in the first round.

How many QBs have there been that have not had "glaring weaknesses" when they're entering the league? Guys like Andrew Luck don't exist in every draft.

I know a lot of people advocate that 2nd round QB stuff but the reality is that 1st rounders fare much better historically than 2nd rounders and 2nd round QBs really don't fare much better than waiting till later on to find your guy.

Crisco

Banned
How many QBs have there been that have not had "glaring weaknesses" when they're entering the league? Guys like Andrew Luck don't exist in every draft.

I know a lot of people advocate that 2nd round QB stuff but the reality is that 1st rounders fare much better historically than 2nd rounders and 2nd round QBs really don't fare much better than waiting till later on to find your guy.

Yeah, but usually you have some elite skills or physical attributes to go along with those weaknesses. All the guys in this draft are ok or good in some areas while questionable in others. You don't have an elite arm like Stafford or crazy athlete like Cam. It's like a bunch of Alex Smiths and Josh Freemans.

bionic77

So you're saying you wanted HIV?

I suppose from him being so advanced, he beat it from becoming full blown AIDS.
Magic cured AIDS and brought Starbucks to the ghetto.

Dude should have gotten a Nobel prize instead of that fraud Obama.

Too bad he doesn't have a defense to practice against.
mBEbGgn.png

I remember defense.

simples

Banned

the greatest qb in the sports history was a 6th rounder

effzee

I feel you. I personally know people who were harassed and called racial slurs out there before, that's why im speaking so harshly about them. This happened back in like 03 or 04. Last time we played the Eagles in Philly.

I never said Philly fans were the only terrible fanbase in the league. But you guys are the poster for it.

We are the poster for it because people like you and the national media seem to want to push a narrative that never ends.

SF/Bay area fans stab and shoot people. Philly is the poster for it?
Browns fans beat up father and son for wearing Jets gear. Philly is the poster for it?
Jets fans cheer when Pennington goes down to injury. Philly is the poster for it?
Batteries, snowballs, and beer bottles get thrown at many other stadiuns. Philly is the poster for it!

So you know people who personally were called names. Boo hoo. I am sure any fan can come up with a story like that every time they go to an opposing team's stadium. You don't think drunken fans yell, scream, call names, or even use slurs at opposing fans?

Not but Philly is the poster for it!

Oh and we booed Santa too!

bionic77

We are the poster for it because people like you and the national media seem to want to push a narrative that never ends.

Browns fans beat up father and son for wearing Jets gear. Philly is the poster for it?
Jets fans cheer when Pennington goes down to injury. Philly is the poster for it?
Batteries, snowballs, and beer bottles get thrown at many other stadiuns. Philly is the poster for it!

So you know people who personally were called names. Boo hoo. I am sure any fan can come up with a story like that every time they go to an opposing team's stadium. You don't think drunken fans yell, scream, call names, or even use slurs at opposing fans?

You guys are the poster for it and since they went to Lincoln it is a dumb thing to say but it's also sports media.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah, but usually you have some elite skills or physical attributes to go along with those weaknesses. All the guys in this draft are ok or good in some areas while questionable in others. You don't have an elite arm like Stafford or crazy athlete like Cam. It's like a bunch of Alex Smiths and Josh Freemans.

But even back then people were saying Cam was a questionable pick at 1. There was the ridiculous character assassination stuff going around and him being a "high reward high risk" type of #1 pick. And people thought Josh Freeman would be a stud after his rookie year in the league.

I mean yeah if you don't think there is a QB you feel comfortable as being the guy for the next 10 years then don't take a QB. I just think some teams get caught up in trying to find the perfect guy at QB and then end up having garbage year in and year out because they pass everyone up.

I think it would be a mistake for the Texans to pass up Bridgewater. Especially if the alternatives are trading down or taking Clowney.

the greatest qb in the sports history was a 6th rounder

No he got drafted before Ryan Leaf.

You bastards stole our defense and then our SuperBowl.

Can't wait for Fraudgers to build on dat home playoff record!

Go Niners!
Oh I see how it is! But you're forgetting your own expert analysis!

I have to go back to work (Google it you lazy bastards) and write another fucking brief to the Commonwealth Court (fuuuuuuuuuck that) but before I do I am going to give my precise and totally accurate postseason power rankings. These rankings take into consideration the quarterback, head coach, matchups, luck factor, clutch factor, home field, weather conditions, QBR, OVR and DVR. By far the most comprehensive that you can find on the internet.

Past history shows us that the 1 and 2 seeds are fucked. No way we are seeing Denver and Seattle in the Superbowl. At best only one of these teams has a legitimate chance of getting there (where they will probably lose to a 6 seed quarterbacked by a goober). And the chances are pretty good that none will make it.

Picking my one seed was the hardest. It was so hard to choose between the worst teams (by far the best indicator of future SB champ) because this season was special in that category. This year teams were historically special in how absolutely horrible they were, so it wasn't easy to pick the best of the worst. In the end it was very hard to pick between the Packers and San Diego. Both of whom are fucking horrible and required immense amounts of luck just to make it in. The Chargers make more sense because the Bungles are fucking frauds so that pushed me towards the Packers as the 1 seed because it makes absolutely no sense and sometimes that is the best pick of all.

1. Packers
2. Eagles
3. Chargers
4. Niners
5. Seahawks
6. Panthers
7. Colts
8. Broncos
9. Bungles
10. Saints
11. Chiefs
12. Jaguars
13. Patriots
I do have one critique though. I think the Chargers are the clear favorite. The Packers may suck this year, but at least we won our elimination game. San Diego couldn't even do that fair and square, they had to resort to bribing opposing kickers and refs even against 2nd stringers. They are clearly the most fraudulent team and thus the obvious super bowl favorite.

I think you should stop whining and just accept that your shit sports teams are backed by equally shit fans.

Crisco

Banned
But even back then people were saying Cam was a questionable pick at 1. There was the ridiculous character assassination stuff going around and him being a "high reward high risk" type of #1 pick.

Yeah, from a bunch of dog whistle racists. The football related knocks against Cam were few and far between (mostly footwork and mechanics). Scouting services rated him off the charts in so many areas that the Panthers literally had no choice but to take him. Bridgewater and JFF aren't even in the same galaxy.

simples

Banned
Dan was pick 27th in the first round, not first overall.
i actually feel bad for marino. if he had teams full of probowlers like reggie waynes marvin harrisons of this world his entire career like that loser manning, he couldve atleast attempted to choke in 2 superbowls instead of just one

but poor guy got stuck with the lolphins

i actually feel bad for marino. if he had teams full of probowlers like reggie waynes marvin harrisons of this world his entire career like that loser manning, he couldve atleast attempted to choke in 2 superbowls instead of just one

but poor guy got stuck with the lolphins

Can't disagree, if we had a run game to balance with his passing he would have made it to a few more SB, ah well he's still one of the greatest.

effzee

I think you should stop whining and just accept that your shit sports teams are backed by equally shit fans.

Baby indeed.

Whining is complaining that the big bad mean fans of other teams made fun of your friends boo hoo. Pointing out that other fans do the same and much worse is not whining.

Remove alcohol from all these events and you won't get 99% of the stupidity you see.

Been to Eagles games against the Cowboys, Redskins, and Chiefs this season. Seen plenty of fans wearing jersey's of those teams and cheering them on. Nothing happened.

You guys are the poster for it and since they went to Lincoln it is a dumb thing to say but it's also sports media.

Only poster for it because that's all media outlets want to talk about.

Does bringing up the Santa booing nowadays make any sense? NO. But bet your ass every Philly game broadcast will have a mention of it. Why?

Fans have accepted that identity because shit if that's all that is brought up what can you do? Tough blue collar town with fans who boo the shit out of their own team and opposition. But is that really any different from other places?

And no Philly fans aren't proud of the few idiots who fuck it up for everyone else. If we were then every game against every team would be a huge brawl in the stands.

Explanation on why the Steelers fired their offensive line coach despite improving throughout the season:

The Steelers’ decision to fire offensive line coach Jack Bicknell Jr. after just one season might come as a surprise because of the steady improvement of the offensive line in the second half of the year.

However, the move is not surprising because Bicknell’s role slowly diminished after the Steelers had problems protecting Ben Roethlisberger and running the football in the first half of the season.

In fact, for most of the second half of the season, offensive assistant Shaun Sarrett was doing a lot of the instruction and daily handling of the offensive line, according to sources – duties normally performed by the offensive line coach.

What’s more, it did not help Bicknell’s cause that the outside zone blocking schemes that were to be a large part of the team’s revamped running scheme were non-existent once the regular season began.

Curiously, the offensive line improved as the season wore on.

After allowing 36 sacks in the first nine games, the Steelers allowed just seven in the final seven games. And the running game that averaged just 3.4 yards in the first 11 games averaged 4.1 yards in the final five games.

But the Steelers apparently believed that Bicknell was not the reason for the improvement.

Baby indeed.

Didn't you call me a moron in a post?

Whining is complaining that the big bad mean fans of other teams made fun of your friends boo hoo. Pointing out that other fans do the same and much worse is not whining.

They were called niggers throughout the entire game. Boo fucking hoo I guess? lol

Remove alcohol from all these events and you won't get 99% of the stupidity you see.

Been to Eagles games against the Cowboys, Redskins, and Chiefs this season. Seen plenty of fans wearing jersey's of those teams and cheering them on. Nothing happened.

I mean, the stadium is much larger than the area that you sit in. I doubt every incident that ever happens gets reported. As far as alcohol, I don't know about that. Certain fan bases have this ingrained need to be tough that let itself manifest over decades.

Top Bottom