• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

effzee

Sal Pal bringing up a good point on the Philly ESPN station

Foles is one of the worst in the league on holding onto the ball on 3rd downs. He takes too many sacks because he holds holds holds and its not on the line.

Sal asked Foles about it and Foles said he believes in his punter (who is good) and his defense so he rather take a sack in an attempt to find someone open rather than throw early into traffic and maybe throw a pick.

This works against lesser QBs and even then Orton almost won, but if you give extra possessions to guys like Brees you are dead. Worse his fumbles have come on those types of sacks.

Scares me. I also have noticed the Eagles run less and less on 3rd downs as the season has progressed. Early on we would run and pick up the 1st even on 3rd and 5s.

Foles doesn't need to be Brees tonight but he can't take too many sacks or fumble. If it isn't there take off or throw it out of bounds.

MechDX

Packers stock holders don't stand a chance.
masterblaster6.jpg

"Sell your team you will! Move it to Akron we will!"

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
Sources tell me #Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has met with staff members and OC Todd Haley is expected to stay for 2014. He adapted.

Some teams change everything and some stay the course.

^^^^ not sure I wanna know what's going on above

Sorry Colts Gaf but go KC!
Can't wait to see my old childhood hero in the Trent Truck.

bionic77

Foles is one of the worst in the league on holding onto the ball on 3rd downs. He takes too many sacks because he holds holds holds and its not on the line.

Sal asked Foles about it and Foles said he believes in his punter (who is good) and his defense so he rather take a sack in an attempt to find someone open rather than throw early into traffic and maybe throw a pick.

This works against lesser QBs and even then Orton almost won, but if you give extra possessions to guys like Brees you are dead. Worse his fumbles have come on those types of sacks.

Scares me. I also have noticed the Eagles run less and less on 3rd downs as the season has progressed. Early on we would run and pick up the 1st even on 3rd and 5s.

Foles doesn't need to be Brees tonight but he can't take too many sacks or fumble. If it isn't there take off or throw it out of bounds.
Brees has sucked dick on the road.

Not the same guy at home.

Think he has averaged like 18 on road and like 32 at home. Foles just needs to play his game and not turn the ball over. Trying to change in the playoffs is the recipe for disaster.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 53s
Yesterday, McNair said there were candidates we didn't know about who had interviewed. Per @adamschefter Vandy coach James Franklin was one.

McNair is a tricky one.

Greg

Packers stock holders don't stand a chance.

"Sell your team you will! Move it to Akron we will!"
hahaha

it's frustrating to watch, but it beats TAINTS

effzee

Brees has sucked dick on the road.

Not the same guy at home.

Think he has averaged like 18 on road and like 32 at home. Foles just needs to play his game and not turn the ball over. Trying to change in the playoffs is the recipe for disaster.

Well don't have to change much. Just don't stand there forever. Take off or at least slide out of the pocket and throw it out of bounds.

Yeah but he has fumbled when taking those sacks.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Interesting comment from QB Kirk Cousins: "I'm sure Mr. Snyder and Robert and those people will have a lot of input as to who the hire is."

Wow. Who in their right mind would take that job?

Greg

Well don't have to change much. Just don't stand there forever. Take off or at least slide out of the pocket and throw it out of bounds.

Yeah but he has fumbled when taking those sacks.
I'd say ball security is a separate issue though

I think it's easier to work with someone who isn't careless with the ball in the air

TABFUM

sanchez.gif

Morning Greg!!

football today!! :cool:
good morning!

DMczaf

Literal sausage fest.

Is all of that for you?

I need to start eating breakfast again. All I have is coffee and sometimes an apple or a banana.

I'm on the "Grown Ass Man" diet as well lately. Coffee has all the nutrition I need to prepare myself to deal with the everyday bullshit grown ass men have to deal with.

effzee

Wow. Who in their right mind would take that job?

Someone who wants to take over a team with a healthy RG3, a great running game, and has a plan to fix the D.

Dealing with Snyder is far tougher than dealing with RG3.

We now know Shanny and son didn't want RG3 and continued to pull power moves behind the scene. They also have a history of not getting along with QBs in the past.

Actually give credit to RG3 for keeping his mouth shut most of the season considering all the stuff that came out about Shanahan.

JABEE

Looking back at Joe Banner's comments on Chip Kelly. Man. He must really hate Jeff Lurie. You don't usually see comments in the media that petty from NFL executives.

Joe Banner said:
We removed ourselves from the process, We really liked Chip. He's intriguing, a very different thinker, and very smart. But you could see he was uncertain what he wanted to do. He may be in Philadelphia 10 years or longer and have a terrific career. But the fact he committed to Tampa Bay last year, backed out, then seemed all year to be leaning toward going to the NFL, then being so uncertain with us, we just felt it was too big a gamble. If there was no ambivalence, we may have offered him the job.

This is coming from the man that fired his coach after 1 year.

MechDX

Someone who wants to take over a team with a healthy RG3, a great running game, and has a plan to fix the D.

Dealing with Snyder is far tougher than dealing with RG3.

We now know Shanny and son didn't want RG3 and continued to pull power moves behind the scene. They also have a history of not getting along with QBs in the past.

Actually give credit to RG3 for keeping his mouth shut most of the season considering all the stuff that came out about Shanahan.

And the moment your star QB doesn't like what you say as a HC he cries to the daddy owner like a spoiler brat.

Fantomex

Literal sausage fest.

Is all of that for you?

I need to start eating breakfast again. All I have is coffee and sometimes an apple or a banana.

Thats for the kids and me. I'm going on another 15lb weight loss stretch starting monday. Figured I would say goodbye to delicious bad food this weekend.

Top Bottom