• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

MechDX

e: grrr

Wonder if Romeo will run a more pure version of the 3-4? Watt plays much differently with Wade's defense than Seymour did with Romeo

BOB:" Good morning gentlemen"

3877207_o.gif

While Romeo holds the door open...

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 7m
O'Brien met briefly with assistants to fire them. Didn't ask for feedback on current players. Expect heavy @patriots feel to new staff

Dat McNair money!

Mrbob

Really, that GB game needs to be moved or postponed. That's just not safe for the players or fans. You'd think the union would step in

It is pretty nice out today. Weather will be in the 20s. The wind is mild too, don't really need any major covering for your head. Should have moved the game to today when the initial weather report came to be.

squicken

Would he fit as well in a 'pure' 3-4? Seems like that might take away some of what makes him special

Yeah it would be a waste to put him in an Aaron Smith role. Good coaches adapt, and at least as a DC, Romeo has been a pretty good coach. Wouldn't think he would have Watt playing 2 gap, not that he couldn't do it. I'm not sure the Pats runs the same type of 3-4 as the Steelers/Packers do

No NT on the roster, either. Tough to find

Godslay

Banned
Yeah, Lacys going to run all over us with his busted ankle. I'm sure it'll be easy to throw the ball tomorrow too. Niners are the more physical team, not worried about the score.

The temp last week in Chicago was 14 with wind chill, with rain/snow mix. Quite a bit of difference between 14 and -20 below of course. Cold isn't the killer, it's the wind. In fact Rodgers is excellent in the cold, the stats are there to back it up. I'm not saying the Pack is going to win, but I wouldn't discount them because of the cold. Especially the offense.

Drakeon

The temp last week in Chicago was 14 with wind chill, with rain/snow mix. Quite a bit of difference between 14 and -20 below of course. Cold isn't the killer, it's the wind. In fact Rodgers is excellent in the cold, the stats are there to back it up. I'm not saying the Pack is going to win, but I wouldn't discount them because of the cold. Especially the offense.

I'm not discounting the Pack, that was just an in kind response to Legendary. I don't think the receivers will be able to catch and hold onto a frozen football, but I could be wrong.

Tamanon

Banned
Texans = Patriots South

Jags = Browns South

I know you're feeling your oats because you finally got a new coach, although being a former OC of Duke isn't really that exciting, but hey you guys get hope again.

I'll just take your lashing out for what it is, the resumption of the proper Texans Cycle. Get pumped up for the offseason, this is going to be your year! Everything's coming up Houston!

MechDX

Alex Marvez Verified Account

@alexmarvez I'm hearing @HoustonTexans already have strong candidate for new o-line coach that may be done deal: Brian Ferentz from University of Iowa

Now this I find troubling. He IS hiring a bunch of former Patriots coaches. Don't like this

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 10s
Bill O'Brien's meetings with assistants are actually ongoing. Still has several left, two people tell me. #Texans

Wait...what? I sometimes hate mass media.

bionic77

I'm not discounting the Pack, that was just an in kind response to Legendary. I don't think the receivers will be able to catch and hold onto a frozen football, but I could be wrong.
You can still throw and catch in -30 but it is a lot harder to do so. If you are going to throw go deep and make the most of it. Throw out the dink and dunk shit.

Everything about this game screams Niners which is of course why the Pack will win it easily.

Godslay

Banned

Maybe, but they've been pretty consistent catching the ball in the cold just looking at the numbers. Rodgers is the best QB in games below 40 degrees, pretty much hands down.

Even with that said, big difference between 20 and -10, so you very well could be right with not being able to handle the ball. Guess we'll see later :)

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Source tells @FOXSports new #texans HC Bill O'Brien has fired all assistants from prior coaching staff & will name Romeo Crennel def coor

Well that escalated quickly

?

Did he talk to them for a minute each or something? lol

Drakeon

Maybe, but they've been pretty consistent catching the ball in the cold just looking at the numbers. Rodgers is the best QB in games below 40 degrees, pretty much hands down.

Even with that said, big difference between 20 and -10, so you very well could be right with not being able to handle the ball. Guess we'll see later :)

Isn't it supposed to be -30 with Windchill? I'm talking way colder than Greenbay is used to playing games in (correct me if I'm wrong).

You can still throw and catch in -30 but it is a lot harder to do so. If you are going to throw go deep and make the most of it. Throw out the dink and dunk shit.

Everything about this game screams Niners which is of course why the Pack will win it easily.
I expect the Packers to run their regular offense. Unless it gets super windy.

Godslay

Banned
Isn't it supposed to be -30 with Windchill? I'm talking way colder than Greenbay is used to playing games in (correct me if I'm wrong).

Weather Channel has it at 0 at kickoff, with winds up to 18 MPH. So feels like about -20 below. I'd be more concerned with that wind than anything else. Wonder if it will be sustained.

Drakeon

So, I was just looking at Season stats for Colts/Chiefs and get this: Alex Smith almost has as many rushing yards as Trent Richardson!

Alex is 76 carries for 431 yards while Trent is 157 carries for 458 yards. I couldn't believe it! That was really such an awful awful trade.

Konka

Banned
So, I was just looking at Season stats for Colts/Chiefs and get this: Alex Smith almost has as many rushing yards as Trent Richardson!

Alex is 76 carries for 431 yards while Trent is 157 carries for 458 yards. I couldn't believe it! That was really such an awful awful trade.

trentruck was just savin it for the playoffs.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Alex Smith was almost as good as Kaepernick at running the football this year. Small hands gonna take his team to the SB.

Smith's tiny hands cut down on the wind resistance.

Top Bottom