• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Bread

Banned
I stopped putting sugar in my coffee when I was 12, that's when I became a man.

Ok maybe not, but I can finally drink coffee without sugar now. Feels good man.

Tom Penny

Only coffee worth drinking and now y'all forced me to make one

533558ba546387e5ab8eb48ca0c50de7.jpg

Fantomex

I see people at work acting all tough drinking coffee, and then i see them putting the girliest creamer in it. Talking bout "this moroccan caramel mint" is to die for bro!

witness

Ready to see my Saints inevitably shit the bed tonight in Philly. I have 0% faith in them winning. They just don't have it on the road this year for whatever reason. I put all the blame on the offense, they just start games off so fucking slow and sloppy and when they finally get going in the second half, they still can't score that much. If they somehow pull their head out of their asses to win a game on the road tonight it'll all come crashing down in Seattle then the next week anyway.

effzee

And the moment your star QB doesn't like what you say as a HC he cries to the daddy owner like a spoiler brat.

I take the approach that the problem started from the coaching staff.

They made it clear they didn't want him. Should have never came out in public. They didn't want him and the coach's son is the OC. If the QB does have a problem or issue who is he supposed to turn to?

Shanahan didn't do shit in Washington except for the 1 season with RG3. Had issues with McNabb, was fascinated with Grossman, and didn't want RG3. Couldn't stand the owner getting along with the QB. Maybe they need a coach who has thicker skin. Spent the year trying to pull power moves to show his authority.

Redskins are a bad job cause of Snyder. But not because of RG3.

B.O.B could use the first pick on a QB, be a complete bust, and then spend the rest of his time in Houston trying to make up for it. At least with the Skins they have a franchise QB. They just need a defense. That's a huge part of the equation that most coaches have to get it right and Shanahan had it but couldn't make it work.

I stand with Nori Chan. Except I've never even taken a sip of it in my life.

Personally I hate the smell of coffee so that'll keep me away.

?

The smell of coffee is the best thing about it.

EDIT: For the record, I don't drink coffee (don't really do caffeine), but the smell is amazing.

Ready to see my Saints inevitably shit the bed tonight in Philly. I have 0% faith in them winning. They just don't have it on the road this year for whatever reason. I put all the blame on the offense, they just start games off so fucking slow and sloppy and when they finally get going in the second half, they still can't score that much. If they somehow pull their head out of their asses to win a game on the road tonight it'll all come crashing down in Seattle then the next week anyway.

The Saints have such a godawful run game this year it's no wonder road games are so hard to win. And with Pierre Thomas out I would be surprised if they pulled one out

Bowser

I didn't start drinking coffee until I started my first job out of undergrad. I was such a noob, basically put like half a cup of milk and like 4 sugar packets lol. I've since graduated to manhood and straight black coffee. Nothing better than a good, hot cup of joe when you wake up.

In fact, I'm gonna go get one right now!

effzee

The Saints have such a godawful run game this year it's no wonder road games are so hard to win. And with Pierre Thomas out I would be surprised if they pulled one out

Everything is lining up for you guys now.

Just has the same feeling Eagles Bucs NFCG had 10 + years ago.

Everyone kept telling the Bucs they couldn't win on the road in the cold but they came in and won.

Telling yall now SAINTs win tonight.

BTW on coffee: learned to drink it black and now I enjoy it more than adding creamer, milk, or sugar. Black is awesome.

EDIT: Now tea on the other hand, I have to have with milk. Black tea, steamed milk, and half a tea spoon of honey. Perfect cup of chai.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
?

The smell of coffee is the best thing about it.
To people who don't drink coffee the smell is not appealing at all.

Coffee beans and grounds, however, are absolutely wonderful and actually act as powerful air fresheners. Colony of rodents die in your wall? Garbage truck crash into the neighbor's house? Josh Freeman stop by to use your toilet? A open bag of ground coffee will pierce through all of that with a pleasant smell that won't leave your nose.

Konka

Banned
Everything is lining up for you guys now.

Just has the same feeling Eagles Bucs NFCG had 10 + years ago.

Everyone kept telling the Bucs they couldn't win on the road in the cold but they came in and won.

Telling yall now SAINTs win tonight.

BTW on coffee: learned to drink it black and now I enjoy it more than adding creamer, milk, or sugar. Black is awesome.

EDIT: Now tea on the other hand, I have to have with milk. Black tea, steamed milk, and half a tea spoon of honey. Perfect cup of chai.

Come on dude you've been picking against us every game...

bionic77

I'm on the "Grown Ass Man" diet as well lately. Coffee has all the nutrition I need to prepare myself to deal with the everyday bullshit grown ass men have to deal with.
I don't know about nutrition. I think it's more that I am addicted to it and need day caffeine in the morning. I don't drink it black though. I used one cube or sugar and froth some milk,

Also I hate oatmeal. If I want a real breakfast I bust out the maple syrup and some pancakes. Used to like eggs until I got food poisoning from a bed and breakfast in Massachusetts.
God that place is such a shit hole.

DMczaf

I don't know about nutrition. I think it's more that I am addicted to it and need day caffeine in the morning. I don't drink it black though. I used one cube or sugar and froth some milk,

Also I hate oatmeal. If I want a real breakfast I bust out the maple syrup and some pancakes. Used to like eggs until I got food poisoning from a bed and breakfast in Massachusetts.

Your fault for going to Massachusetts. You know you have a bounty on your head there.

I'm on the carbs only diet. Two loaves of bread and a twelve pack everyday. It's really awesome. You constantly feel tired and bloated. Sometimes I dryrub my lovehandles with straight gluten for some spot bulking

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
What did #Ravens OC Jim Caldwell do to prepare for his Lions interview? Charted every Stafford pass from ’13. Then explained his corrections

Not hired :kas

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I start my day with either a bottle of water or a diet coke....usually have a protein bar, cereal, or a bagel too.

Who has time for a hot breakfast on a workday that doesn't come from a drive-thru? Like most manly men, it takes me all of 15 minutes to shower and get ready...add a few extra on a shave day. So you can bet that alarm is set for as late as humanly possible!

Greg

I bet you pick and drop that cube with your pinky raised!

I drink my coffee black, no sugar or pollutants.
KEi46YT.jpg

I start my day with either a bottle of water or a diet coke....usually have a protein bar, cereal, or a bagel too.

Who has time for a hot breakfast on a workday that doesn't come from a drive-thru? Like most manly men, it takes me all of 15 minutes to shower and get ready...add a few extra on a shave day. So you can bet that alarm is set for as late as humanly possible!

Shit - 5 Minutes
Shower - 5 minutes
Dress/wallet/keys/cell - 5 minutes

You are on the money man

effzee

Come on dude you've been picking against us every game...

I get scared whenever the Eagles are favored to win by the majority. Of course it has no real bearing on the actual game.

And they have been winning so maybe I need to keep picking against them.

Last game I felt supremely confident was the Vikings game.

Not hired :kas

That's actually really impressive.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I like my coffee like I like my women. Blond and sweet.
Not really, I take it black.

Who uses a french press? Is it ok to get a cheap one from amazon or should I not cheap out on it.

The only differences I can tell between most of them are all aesthetic.

Godslay

Banned
Sugar and cream are just extra carbs just like soda.

I don't drink soda either. I used to love Coke, but it would tear up my stomach, similar to dairy. So I stopped drinking it, as well as milk. I still eat cheese occasionally, which seems to be okay.

I've been thinking about cutting out beer as well. I'll drink on gamedays, but it just makes me so sluggish and tired. I've thought about replacing it with wine or alcohol, because it just seems to not make me lethargic like beer does. The only problem is that I love beer, so I don't know if I ever will.

Godslay

Banned
Cool, I think I'll order the Aerobie aeropress then.

Have you had French Press coffee before? I used to drink it, but I got sick of the solids that settle to the bottom and taste like shit. I used to run it through a filter to get rid of that, but now I just make it straight up in a paper filter with a coffee cone, pouring hot water over the grinds. Makes a good cup imo. Keurigs give you a consistent cup that always tastes the same, but for some reason there is always a plastic taste to it probably from the cups.

squicken

QBs usually have input on coaching hires

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Interesting comment from QB Kirk Cousins: "I'm sure Mr. Snyder and Robert and those people will have a lot of input as to who the hire is."

Bread

Banned
Have you had French Press coffee before? I used to drink it, but I got sick of the solids that settle to the bottom and taste like shit. I used to run it through a filter to get rid of that, but now I just make it straight up in a paper filter with a coffee cone, pouring hot water over the grinds. Makes a good cup imo. Keurigs give you a consistent cup that always tastes the same, but for some reason there is always a plastic taste to it probably from the cups.
Nope I'm just going on a recommendation from my brother, I've just been using the drip.

I don't believe that an aeropress is actually a French press, makes a great cup of coffee, though.
Good enough for me

Top Bottom