• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know have Watt and Clowney for the next 5 years minimum!

yea-fuck-yea.gif

Too bad neither can play QB

Week 1 Picks
GB @ SEA
NO @ ATL
CIN @ BAL
BUF @ CHI
WAS @ HOU
TEN @ KC
NE @ MIA
OAK @ NYJ
JAX @ PHI
CLE @ PIT
MIN @ STL
SF @ DAL
CAR @ TB
IND @ DEN
NYG @ DET
SD @ ARI

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
SPLOOOOOGE you had me at hello Watt.

I'll never leave you.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Too bad the Rams are going to win the Super Bowl this year, but next year is ours!

Not if Case is back up silly Mig.

MechDX

Houston seems to have made a really good deal for Watt. Watt didn't really have a lot of leverage.

Actually he did, he could have held out like Peterson did. Would have hurt the Texans more since they are installing and entirely new defensive scheme without their crown jewel.

Texans do take care of their "cornerstone players" as they call them

Matrix

He won't be the backup. He'll be the starter by week 2

Hope so. Have to have a reason to wear my future Case Rams jersey.

Hill gonna pull a Schoob.

JABEE

Actually he did, he could have held out like Peterson did. Would have hurt the Texans more since they are installing and entirely new defensive scheme without their crown jewel.

Texans do take care of their "cornerstone players" as they call them

How long can you really hold out though? I thought there is some rule now that screws over holdouts and fines them tons of money. If there holdout goes past a certain point, they lose a year of free agent eligibility. Everything just gets pushed back a year.

cdyhybrid

GB @ SEA
NO @ ATL
CIN @ BAL
BUF @ CHI
WAS @ HOU
TEN @ KC
NE @ MIA
OAK @ NYJ
JAX @ PHI
CLE @ PIT
MIN @ STL
SF @ DAL
CAR @ TB
IND @ DEN
NYG @ DET
SD @ ARI

Played alittle of Madden 15 today. Controls felt easy to manage since the last Madden I played was on PS2. Might have to pick up a copy

MechDX

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-houston-texans/talk/if-anyone-deserves-100m-its-watt

His image isn't squeaky clean; it's sterile. And that's no accident. His image means a lot to him and it's already made him a lot of money even before his new mega-deal. It’s important to him that it stays intact. He speaks in clichés and recognizes he does it. But as he said recently, clichés are clichés for a reason, right?

And Watt doesn’t just give some to charity … he goes out of his way. He's kind when people are watching and even greater when no one's around.

He's the kind of guy you want to hate because he's just too damn perfect. But then you realize he's too damn nice to hate and turn on yourself.

He's the guy who was running late to a charity golf tournament and declined to speak to media members but then made sure to send an apology, explaining that the golfers had paid money to play with him and he didn't want to let them down.

He's the guy who befriended Aaron, Willa and Peter Berry, who were orphaned after their parents were killed in a head-on collision in 2011. He even dedicated a special sack dance in their honor.

He’s the guy who found out about a 6-year-old girl named Breanna Bartay who cried – broke down, really – in a YouTube video when she was informed she wasn’t old enough to marry the football superstar. So Watt brought her to the stadium for a fake proposal and gave her and her family a day they’ll never forget.

He’s the guy who started the J.J. Watt Foundation, which has already raised over $600,000 for middle school athletic programs in Wisconsin and Texas. His charity softball game has sold out Constellation Field – which holds 7,500 fans – for two straight years.

Now, Watt has his new contract and he’ll be in Houston through 2021. That’s at least eight more charity softball games.

He just might need to find a bigger venue.

Why he is the crowned prince of Houston. Was never really any doubt this deal would get done.

Week 1 picks:

NO @ ATL
CIN @ BAL
BUF @ CHI
WAS @ HOU
TEN @ KC
NE @ MIA
OAK @ NYJ
JAX @ PHI
CLE @ PIT
MIN @ STL
SF @ DAL
CAR @ TB
IND @ DEN
NYG @ DET
SD @ ARI

Also, playoff predictions:

AFC:

AFC East - Patriots
AFC South - Colts
AFC North - Bengals
AFC West - Broncos
Wildcard 1 - Chargers
Wildcard 2 - Steelers

NFC:

NFC East - Eagles
NFC South - Saints
NFC North - Packers
NFC West - Seahawks
Wildcard 1 - 49er's
Wildcard 2 - Lions (this is for you Kas)

Super Bowl:

Seahawks over Patriots.

Drakeon

I hate picking the first week in survival. I have no idea how some of these teams will look. Think I'm just going to pick against the bills because of EJ Manuel being awful. Can't even count on the jags to suck, I expect them to be way more competitive.

Week 1 picks:

NO @ ATL
CIN @ BAL
BUF @ CHI
WAS @ HOU
TEN @ KC
NE @ MIA
OAK @ NYJ
JAX @ PHI
CLE @ PIT
MIN @ STL
SF @ DAL
CAR @ TB
IND @ DEN
NYG @ DET
SD @ ARI

Also, playoff predictions:

AFC:

AFC East - New England
AFC South - Tennessee
AFC North - Cincinnati
AFC West - Denver
Wildcard 1 - Kansas City
Wildcard 2 - San Diego

NFC:

NFC East - New York
NFC South - Atlanta
NFC North - Chicago
NFC West - San Francisco
Wildcard 1 - New Orleans
Wildcard 2 - Seattle

Super Bowl:

Chicago over Denver

Account activation the week of the season starting...lets do this. Not sure how many Cards fans there are here (not many like everywhere else) but confident of at least a 9-10 win season this year.

Striker

Suh running his mouth, lol. Giants had no business beating them in their own stadium. They fell short, just like they did versus the Bucs and Vikings. Pathetic.

The Giants aren't much better this year offensively, so the Lions should have no excuses if they were to lose again. But it's Suh, he'll commit a few penaties because that's the moron he is.

minx

Accidentally updated the preseason thread. Hit reply as soon as I saw joke post about Bears finishing last in NFC North. Go Bears! Time to go 10-6 and still miss the playoffs!

bionic77

That's a lot of money but it seems about right for Watt.

Be interesting to see what Suh gets after this season when he leaves Detroit. If anyone pays him more than Watt than they deserve to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom