• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

I feel like this is usually the part where you mention that fat chicks and ugly chicks are also way better in bed....
I wasn't going to.

Also my wife is really skinny (most girls I have dates have been skinny). But in my experience plump girls work harder. Maybe not in the gym but definitely in the bedroom.

I also don't think I ever endorsed ugly girls btw. I am not noodle and it offends me that you would confuse the two of us.

cajunator

Banned
Good morning cajun! How goes the dispatching?

Done with for another week.
I can relax now.

Last night the Am dispatch sent two loads to a store that has been flooded so we couldnt drop fuel there. I had to find a place for 12,000 gallons of fuel, and since it was Chevron branded, it couldnt just be dropped anywhere. Aside from that it was a routine and rather quiet night.

jakncoke

Banned
Morning nfl gaf

90haGhV.gif

Staying home from work again today!

Sadly it's only because I've had a migraine from hell since Sunday night and puked my brains out last night. Someone kill me, please.

Vyroxis

Banned
Done with for another week.
I can relax now.

Last night the Am dispatch sent two loads to a store that has been flooded so we couldnt drop fuel there. I had to find a place for 12,000 gallons of fuel, and since it was Chevron branded, it couldnt just be dropped anywhere. Aside from that it was a routine and rather quiet night.

Yech. Sounds not fun.

our dispatch managed to double book a load already this week, it's not even an hour into the week yet. Gonna be a fun week I think.

bionic77

The Chargers always have to play in the last game of week 1. The wait is unbearable!
I am tempted to pick the Chargers to win the division.

I am sticking to my pick of Denver and NE with the big regress. The Pats can still win their division even if they suck but I won't be surprised if the Chargers take over in the West.

eznark

Banned
I'm fucking stoked for JJ Watt but also feel terrible for him at the same time. He is the new Joe Thomas. Wisconsin born Hall of Famer who will end up with a career winning percentage of like .350.

Seanspeed

Banned

I am sticking to my pick of Denver and NE with the big regress. The Pats can still win their division even if they suck but I won't be surprised if the Chargers take over in the West.
NE did regress last year. Went 13-3. EDIT oops 12-4.

I think we have a much better team this year, too.

And Peyton isn't gonna suddenly stop being great.

Tom Penny

Watts a monster but the reality they got the number one pick with him on the roster so what's is his actual value to winning? At least they got Mallet now.

Granted Rivers has done very well against Manning but I'd say it takes the Chargers at least 12 wins. Not happening.

bionic77

I'm fucking stoked for JJ Watt but also feel terrible for him at the same time. He is the new Joe Thomas. Wisconsin born Hall of Famer who will end up with a career winning percentage of like .350.
He just signed a 100 million dollar contract. Thats an NBA or MLB type contract (without all of it being guaranteed).

Hard to feel terrible for him.

Also if you still feel bad for him, maybe he will murder someone, get acquitted of it and use that murder rage to lead the next Trent Dilfer to a SuperBowl. Stranger things have happened!

eznark

Banned
So the Texans got 6 years of JJ Watt control and gave him $51m.

The Chiefs got 4 years of Alex Smith control and gave him $45m.

I don't.......

bionic77

NE did regress last year. Went 13-3.

I think we have a much better team this year, too.

And Peyton isn't gonna suddenly stop being great.
1. LOL. They won't win 13 this year. But 8 might be enough to run away with that division unless Miami suddenly gets good.
2. Actually that is exactly how old age works in sports. Or do you think he is going to throw 60+ TDs a sesason for the next 20 years? Do you remember how Kobe went from MVP candidate one year to being done the next? After 20 years of being great.?

Bowser

What if Cam and 2 of those players gets hurt?

Cam seems overdue for an injury if that stat about how often he is hit is correct.

Well then yeah we'll suck. I don't get what you're trying to say though, because any other team that loses its QB and 2 other important players would blow ass too.

eznark

Banned
Grantland/Barnwell: NFL Season Predictions, Part 1: The Cellar Dwellers

From 12-4 to contending for the #1 pick...

I still maintain that Cam and the front 7 are too good for us to finish worse than 8-8 this season.

Now that everyone is jumping on the "Panthers will suck" bandwagon that I started I am going to root for the Panthers.

Fuck Grantland for jacking my schtick.

Stability at qb is better than an elite defensive player.

Jets have known exactly what they would get from the QB position for 4 decades. How has that worked out?

ShaneB

Stability at qb is better than an elite defensive player.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

As great as JJ Watt is, and I think he's damn near the best, most fans would prefer not to have the QB mess that is going on in Houston.

As great as JJ Watt is, and I think he's damn near the best, most fans would prefer not to have the QB mess that is going on in Houston.

Most fans wouldnt want small hands either though. I agree with Darkest, small hands is the worst type of QB to have. Good enough to win you games in the regular season, so your team never bottoms out and actually rebuilds, but bad enough that he cant win you a SB. It is like being stuck in NFL purgatory.

LJ11

That QB mess can be undone with a bit of luck and personnel development/scouting

Remember the QB mess in Seattle.......

Most fans wouldnt want small hands either though. I agree with Darkest, small hands is the worst type of QB to have. Good enough to win you games in the regular season, so your team never bottoms out and actually rebuilds, but bad enough that he cant win you a SB. It is like being stuck in NFL purgatory.

Yeah, give me a complete scrub any day of the week, he'll get me to the top! As long as my front office is competent enough to draft a capable QB.\

Edit: EJ is that type of player, unfortunately they need to start him two more seasons instead of just one...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That Watt contract isn't that huge, actually. The TV deals are going to raise the cap.

bionic77

Well then yeah we'll suck. I don't get what you're trying to say though, because any other team that loses its QB and 2 other important players would blow ass too.
Yeah but this happens every year.

You need so much luck to win consistently in the NFL. There is a reason the NFL has so many new teams in the playoffs every year.

rando14

Congrats to Watt!!

Brian McIntyre ‏@brian_mcintyre 2h
Watt & Tyron Smith are only NFL players signed beyond 2020. Selected 2 picks apart in 2011. Player picked in between them: Blaine Gabbert.

:jnc

1381524300_peyton.jpg

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
That QB mess can be undone with a bit of luck and personnel development/scouting

Remember the QB mess in Seattle.......
Yea. Remember everyone was like oh my god they signed Flynn and he is the backup?

Anyway, I don't think that is going to happen as everyone would seem to like.

That Watt contract isn't that huge, actually. The TV deals are going to raise the cap.
yea, people are talking the next few years the cap is going to go up significantly more than it has the last few years.

eznark

Banned
The Chiefs played against 2 good teams last year (Denver twice and Indy). Alex Smith was a pedestrian game manager in all three games and in all three games the Chiefs lost by two scores or more.

He was legit as fuck in that playoff game though, so I guess that might give you hope. That game was so bizarre though, don't know that I am comfortable taking much away from it.

Yeah the Watt deal was sub-optimal for him, as far as I am concerned. Not the dollars but the length. It hurts his ability to have another huge payday. I probably would've gone with a 4 year max. Agent wants to get paid though.

It's actually about 31 million guaranteed at signing. A little over 5 million more than Mario Williams but Williams makes more in the first three years whereas the rest of Watts money doesn't kick in until 2016. So the contract probably isn't likely going to hit the cap in a major way until then.

For a player of his caliber, it looks like a pretty solid deal for the Texans.

LJ11

Yea. Remember everyone was like oh my god they signed Flynn and he is on the backup?

Anyway, I don't think that is going to happen as everyone would seem to like.

yea, people are talking the next few years the cap is going to go up significantly more than it has the last few years.

They traded a draft pick for clipboard jesus too, they were throwing darts just like other QB needy teams do. But then they caught a bit of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom