• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

tumblr_nespnycGqV1qdlh1io1_500.gif
Great save by the dog.

eznark

Banned
When it comes to Pats vs Lions, you need to look at the possible impact.

Brady will get his dick sucked by fans and media for life anyway, 4 SB wins won't make that much of a difference compared to 3.

With Stafford, it would be night and day. Do you really want to experience a Kas that has been "proven right"?

Also, if there is another Brady-era Pats Super Bowl, I'd probably pull a Kas and wouldn't watch.

I've kinda grown fond of being non-suicidal.

I'm not willing to lose "0 Super Bowls since Spygate"

Vio-Lence

Banned
670 is getting to the point of acceptance, which is not as fun. Now it's just people calling in to verbally suicide.
Rich Gannom, Tom Thayer, Pat Mannely, and Jim Miller really ripped Cutler and the bears so I'm pleased. Cant wait for b&b to skewer Trestman, Cutler, and Marshall. That special dope was comparing these losses to his troubled childhood in the postgame.

One-Read and Colin Blowhard

B2F9WFPCcAA0kWU.jpg

I'd say why the fuck is Kaep dressed like a hipster author, but I can't comment on QB fashion when my guy dresses like the chick in Calvin Klein ads after losses

eznark

Banned
You know who else has 0 SBs since Spygate?

Peyton Manning.

Manning sucks ass too.

Rich Gannom, Tom Thayer, Pat Mannely, and Jim Miller really ripped Cutler and the bears so I'm pleased. Cant wait for b&b to skewer Trestman, Cutler, and Marshall. That special dope was comparing these losses to his troubled childhood in the postgame.

Jay Cutler has only ever thrown more TD's than INT's once against the Packers (last December 2td/1int). That's kind of amazing.

Vio-Lence

Banned
It is amazing that Cutler is totally confused by Capers defense since 2010.

Wow at this 80 yr old going off lol lol lol lol lol lol

I honestly believe the Cardinals can still do damage with Stanton as their QB. He's is capable of taking over the starting job and leading them to a division title.

cajunator

Banned

I gotta hear this. Is there a link?
Unfortunately the Saints dont have any really insane after-game rant radio programs except maybe Kevin Foote and he sucks.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Meteor game is patriots vs cowboys

Patriots vs. Bears would be just as bad but your scenario is actually possible so it wins out.

I thought we were friends

I was wrong.

Are you saying we're worse than Kas?

:(

When it comes to Pats vs Lions, you need to look at the possible impact.

Brady will get his dick sucked by fans and media for life anyway, 4 SB wins won't make that much of a difference compared to 3.

With Stafford, it would be night and day. Do you really want to experience a Kas that has been "proven right"?

Also, if there is another Brady-era Pats Super Bowl, I'd probably pull a Kas and wouldn't watch.

I've kinda grown fond of being non-suicidal.

Two things:

1. Kas doesn't represent the entire Lions fanbase. He's the only Lions fan that has gone full heel.

2. The Lions have never won and I have no problem with the Lions winning one at some point. Just imagine how mad Queens fans will be should that scenario happen. At the end of the day it has always been "Fuck the Bears" before any other NFC North team.

Bonus Point: Fuck the Pats.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I honestly believe the Cardinals can still do damage with Stanton as their QB. He's is capable of taking over the starting job and leading them to a division title.

I'm thinking they get a wild card spot with a first round exit. We'll see what Drew Stanton can do though.

Seattle will probably end up winning that division.

Milchjon

Patriots vs. Bears would be just as bad but your scenario is actually possible so it wins out.

Two things:

1. Kas doesn't represent the entire Lions fanbase. He's the only Lions fan that has gone full heel.

2. The Lions have never won and I have no problem with the Lions winning one at some point. Just imagine how mad Queens fans will be should that scenario happen. At the end of the day it has always been "Fuck the Bears" before any other NFC North team.

cLk1PgO.png

rando14

He's like the anti-kap. I wish we could play the Packers every week :(

I hope you're gearing up for our Thanksgiving showdown!! I know it's not my place but dare I ask, for a TWO week avatar bet?!

I'm thinking they get a wild card spot with a first round exit. We'll see what Drew Stanton can do though.

Seattle will probably end up winning that division.

Naw our remaining schedule is balls hard and ARI has built a nice cushion, we might honestly finish 3rd

cajunator

Banned

Two things:

agreed. Kas doesnt ruin a whole fanbase that has been loyal to a very bad team.
I also hope the Browns time is coming soon. At least an appearance in the big game for either fanbase would be huge.

dionysus

Yaldog
Louisiana sports were typically tragic this weekend. Saints are so undeserving of making the playoffs that I can't help but feel we will get hot/fluke our way into a SB ring.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Thoughts on the 49ers:

Good win but deep rooted problems were only sort of band-aided over. The offensive line was much better than the dumpster fire they were last week but still not good. The running game was great in the first quarter and complete garbage after that. My fear is that people go "OH LOOK THEY GOT BACK TO THEIR IDENTITY AND WON!". Bullshit. They can't impose their will when they need to. Their defense played a great game and kept them in it.

Offensively, still a mess. While I'm convinced they have to run to keep the opposing team from just completely tee-ing off on this terrible offensive line, it isn't something they can rely on to move the chains. Bigger issues are still the play-calling and the inability of receivers to get open, the inability to create a reliable pocket for passing and the receiver drops.

People finally noticed all the drops yesterday but this has plagued them all year. I'm not sure what the stats say but it seems like they've been averaging around 4 drops per game on balls that are easily catch-able (counted 8 drops yesterday). Receivers dropping passes on 3rd downs should be charged with turnovers in some way. Also why do they give in-completions to the QB on dropped balls? In baseball, do pitchers get charged for runs when their fielder make errors? No.

Milchjon

Tom Brady seems pretty straight-laced, but that hasn’t always been the case. The New England Patriots quarterback never has been at the center of off-field controversy. That’s not to say he hasn’t had fun away from the gridiron, though. “The 25-year-old Tom Brady had a great time,” Brady said with a laugh Monday morning during his weekly WEEI radio appearance. “I probably wouldn’t change much from those days. It was a different time than it is now, because there’s so much attention now. I don’t know how these young players do it. I was kind of fast and loose back then. I was still a responsible person.”

That probably feels like a long time ago for Brady, who’s now 37 with a wife and three children. “I’ve always had certain responsibilities that I’ve always felt. But I’d say more so now,” Brady said. “When you have obviously a wife and kids, your life transitions into other things. So it’s simplified in a lot of ways. Now it’s just football and it’s being with my family, and that’s the most important stuff. I wouldn’t change anything when I was 25. I wish it would have lasted a little longer.”

That’s why Brady encourages younger Patriots players to make sure they live it up — within reason — before it gets too late. “Yeah, I let them do that,” he said. “That’s what they should be doing. And I tell them that: ‘You guys live it up. Enjoy it, because there’s going to be a time when you don’t have that opportunity again.’ You try to make good decisions, and your mistakes, you don’t want them to be permanent. You have to be careful with everything you do now. But when you’re in your youth, you should have fun, you should do those things that young guys do.”

5-tom-brady-dancing-gif.gif

Top Bottom