• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
iLSO0HIm38NBp.PNG

I'll save you the time for digging for my post and say that not one Packer fan thought it was a good idea.

I don't remember if switching to OLB was a known thing then though. Regardless, it's the most pleasant of surprises this season!

eznark

Banned
I'll save you the time for digging for my post and say that not one Packer fan thought it was a good idea.

I don't remember if switching to OLB was a known thing then though. Regardless, it's the most pleasant of surprises this season!

I have no problem admitting I was dead wrong. If you watched Peppers in 2013 you would've thought the same. I never believe those "he is rededicated and back in the gym"stories. This time they were true!

Fox318

For as bad as the Jets are I'll take their situation over some other teams.

Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Arizona Cardinals
St. Louis Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks

Cards thought they beat the Rams? Nah son you're in the same boat as the whiners, and chickens!

You're one of us! NO ONE ESCAPE THE RAMS IN THIS DIVISION!

#GoHawks=(

jakncoke

Banned

Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Arizona Cardinals
St. Louis Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks

Your team has literally no future. May as well just give them to LA like the giants and dodgers.

Really? Wow. If he does make a comeback that'll be impressive at his age. I always got the impression that Palmer was a pretty decent dude (no clue how true that is).

I remember thinking we had to "settle" for some Dix because Pryor was gone but we definitely got the good end of that deal.
Yeah it has more to do with the extent of the damage than his age. Last time he tore other ligaments on top of the ACL damage and people feared he had the same injury but this time it's thankfully just the ACL which as per usual is a one year deal. He will wait around two weeks for the swelling to go down before surgery and then will work like hell to be ready for OTAs. He's familiar with rehab so that should help and I believe the reason he said rehab will be easier this time is that it's just he ACL that has to repair this time plus his prior experience rehabbing.
Cards thought they beat the Rams? Nah son you're in the same boat as the whiners, and chickens!

You're one of us! NO ONE ESCAPE THE RAMS IN THIS DIVISION!

#GoHawks=(
Are you high? ;) You aren't on our level son, you're a couple games back because you can't beat teams like the Rams. We've beaten all three teams you've lost to :) Just be appreciative that we showed you and the Niners how to beat the Lambs. Undefeated in the division! For now..

Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Arizona Cardinals
St. Louis Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks

Eh, long term, the Panthers are in better position than the Jets solely because I think Cam is still better than every QB the Jets have on their roster.

The cap quagmire gets solved with the cap going up and Hardy coming off the books, we get some half-decent offensive linemen and safeties in via FA and the draft. Someone else is calling the plays instead of Shula and we're all golden. We also have the luxury of playing in a division where everywhere else will either be talent-bereft for a while (Falcons, Bucs) or placed in cap hell because of big contracts (Saints) and not playing in the same division with the Pats (who win 12 games+ every year).

If Cam pulls his head out of his ass, this team could be back in good contending shape as soon as next year.

rando14

Are you high? ;) You aren't on our level son, you're a couple games back because you can't beat teams like the Rams. We've beaten all three teams you've lost to :) Just be appreciative that we showed you and the Niners how to beat the Lambs. Undefeated in the division! For now..

Haha I love it!! Man it feels kinda fun to be on the other side now (in Cards position last year), I'm super pumped to come into YOUR house and hope we can pull the upset!! :p

eznark

Banned

Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Arizona Cardinals
St. Louis Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks

Titans, Falcons and Buccaneers. That's it. That's the list of teams worse off than the Jets. Have you seen your defense? Have you seen your quarterback (if you have, let someone in the Jets org know).

Trestman is kind of clueless.

I love listening to him break down X's and O's though. He's phenomenal at that.

Fox318

Titans, Falcons and Buccaneers. That's it. That's the list of teams worse off than the Jets. Have you seen your defense? Have you seen your quarterback (if you have, let someone in the Jets org know).

I love listening to him break down X's and O's though. He's phenomenal at that.

Jets have cap room flexiabality and some young players that can do good.

If Idzik signs 1-3 more guys instead of depending on his shit draft the Jets would be a playoff team.

eznark

Banned

If Idzik signs 1-3 more guys instead of depending on his shit draft the Jets would be a playoff team.

Cap room flexibility to do what exactly? Sign one of the stellar free agents that will be on the market?

lol, good players get resigned or tagged. Good luck.

Only good teams want cap flexibility because they want to resign their good players.

This is what Mel Tucker's "defense" has accomplished:

Most total yards given up in a season in franchise history.
Most rushing yards given up in a season in franchise history.
Most points given up in a season in franchise history.
Franchise record for 38 points given up in a half.
Set a new franchise record for points given up in a half with 42 points allowed in the very next game.
Set franchise record for points allowed in a game at 55.
Became only the second team in NFL history to allow 50+ points in consecutive games.

Truly a remarkable coach.

Fox318

Eh, long term, the Panthers are in better position than the Jets solely because I think Cam is still better than every QB the Jets have on their roster.

The cap quagmire gets solved with the cap going up and Hardy coming off the books, we get some half-decent offensive linemen and safeties in via FA and the draft. Someone else is calling the plays instead of Shula and we're all golden. We also have the luxury of playing in a division where everywhere else will either be talent-bereft for a while (Falcons, Bucs) or placed in cap hell because of big contracts (Saints) and not playing in the same division with the Pats (who win 12 games+ every year).

If Cam pulls his head out of his ass, this team could be back in good contending shape as soon as next year.

I just put the panthers on the list because I think their owner is the biggest idiot in all of sports outside of maybe Jeffrey Loria.

jakncoke

Banned

You're sounding like the nfl version of chicagocubsfan. Even though he posts in here sometimes.

eznark

Banned
This is what Mel Tucker's "defense" has accomplished:

Most total yards given up in a season in franchise history.
Most rushing yards given up in a season in franchise history.
Most points given up in a season in franchise history.
Franchise record for 38 points given up in a half.
Set a new franchise record for points given up in a half with 42 points allowed in the very next game.
Set franchise record for points allowed in a game at 55.
Became only the second team in NFL history to allow 50+ points in consecutive games.

Truly a remarkable coach.

Did Mel Tucker bring in MD Jennings and bring back Conte?

Haha I love it!! Man it feels kinda fun to be on the other side now (in Cards position last year), I'm super pumped to come into YOUR house and hope we can pull the upset!! :p

Pfffft! Every pundit has said you guys will come back and take the division all season long. You are still the favorites according to virtually everyone. First we have to pull off the upset in your house with HOStanton! ;P

Vio-Lence

Banned
I dont even. Someone start tampering with Harbaugh right now. Come home Jim. Win in Chicago and you'll be printing money til you die like Ditka.

Fox318

I dont even. Someone start tampering with Harbaugh right now. Come home Jim. Win in Chicago and you'll be printing money til you die like Ditka.

They ain't gonna give him the control that he wants.

Harb wants to be coach, GM, president, and starting qb.

So Michigan will be his landing spot.

I just put the panthers on the list because I think their owner is the biggest idiot in all of sports outside of maybe Jeffrey Loria.

He's also on his last legs.

You don't wish death on any man and I hope Mr. Richardson continues to live a long and prosperous life for many years to come, but...he's 78 with a heart transplant just a few years ago. Time is undefeated.

Of course, that opens up the possibilities of the Panthers moving to greener pastures in LA or London or San Antonio or Mexico City or wherever the fuck in a few decades but that's a story for another time.

Like how you beat the Broncos?

Go play with Gata in the little kids corner son. What's next tell me please you going to win a Super Bowl this year with Drew?

Look buddy you're still the ugly and I mean really ugly fucking duck. This division is the division of the Seahawks and the 49ers. You nothing more than the fat chick that lost a few pounds. You're one ice cream scoop away from reverting to being the fat chick again. So count your blessing now while you can!

#GoHawks

Zeke

So I was looking at mt. Davis and how much it cost (200 million) I then looked up the alamodome and its cost (186 million). Are you fucking kidding me!? It cost less to build a brand new stadium from the ground up then it was for that mess of tarp in Oakland. The kicker the damn thing was paid off 18 months after it opened. So my question is Wtf is going on in Oakland?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Does firing a coach at the mid point of a season really do any good?

If nothing changes on December 29th, you can be upset.

eznark

Banned
Does firing a coach at the mid point of a season really do any good?

If nothing changes on December 29th, you can be upset.

It gives them a leg up on the hiring process and allows them to openly evaluate the entire program. If I were going to fire someone I would do it mid-season pretty much always. It's not like the Bears will struggle to find a coach or have to scrape the bottom of the barrel like Cleveland or Jacksonville.

Top Bottom