• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Browns have lost 17 straight AFCN road games. Prepare for CleveTears.

e - And a $50 gift card with that PS4 bundle? That's a heck of a deal.

Tom Penny

Sony coming strong for the holidays. I guess me saying Sony will still sell the most during the holidays won't look bad

PS4 with GTAV and TLOU
PS4 with LBP3 and Lego Batman 3

Doesn't Xbone have a 349 bundle? I don't see how they don't get beat down.

effzee

Hearing Greenberg gush over every guest they have got embarrassing to listen to after so long. Their shtick got old a while ago for me too. I don't think they are terrible...just mediocre.

I do enjoy Le Batard, but I recently moved closer to work so now I am about 10 minutes (Used to be 1 hour +), so I don't hear as much as I used to when they first started airing on espn radio, made the drive much more bearable.

What's their shtick? I only started listening to them when I started driving to work recently. Nothing amazing but they have great guest and discuss sports. Don't really see what separates them or makes them garbage compared to other radio shows. Sporats radio in general is very general and repeats the same stories/topics every 30 minutes.

The alternative is the local morning sports show which I occasionally listen to (NYC- Boomer and Carton) but focusing on the local teams for 4 hours gets tiresome.

XB1 is going to beat PS4 by the slightest of margins in the US over the season, so they will tout that as a great victory and Yankee gets his giraffe back.

PS4 is still going to win worldwide by a large margin and still keep a comfortable lead in lifetime sales.

WiiU isn't going to win any sales contests but they are going to move a lot of software.

Gamers are going to get crazy deals on all the consoles and good games to boot.

Everybody wins.

MS
Sony
Nintendo
Gamers
Yankee's Giraffe

We all win.

Respect

What's their shtick? I only started listening to them when I started driving to work recently. Nothing amazing but they have great guest and discuss sports. Don't really see what separates them or makes them garbage compared to other radio shows. Sporats radio in general is very general and repeats the same stories/topics every 30 minutes.

The alternative is the local morning sports show which I occasionally listen to (NYC- Boomer and Carton) but focusing on the local teams for 4 hours gets tiresome.

Just the whole, overweight guy, skinny guy/crazy fan, dumb jock routine they get into, just got tiring for me.

I do agree in regard to their guests, I enjoy them, for the most part, and I generally enjoy those segments, when it is just those 2 though, it falls flat for me.

effzee

Just the whole, overweight guy, skinny guy/crazy fan, dumb jock routine they get into, just got tiring for me.

I do agree in regard to their guests, I enjoy them, for the most part, and I generally enjoy those segments, when it is just those 2 though, it falls flat for me.

I guess my expectation is much different and possibly lower.

I mainly listen so I don't fall asleep on my early morning drive and to catch the reactions after a days worth of football. Not looking for anything more than good guests and good sports discussion.

Greenberg's agony as a Jets fan is enjoyable.

B1xwSl5CQAAT6ox.png:large

damn

Mike and Mike is so bad, hahaha. Golic is so dumb and thinks he knows everything about everything because he was a mediocre player and automatically knows what it's like to be a player in every single sport ever.

Greenberg spends his entire time bringing up the Jets and Seinfeld references and is annoying as hell.

I heard that Bill Simmons interview on The Herd, and it was taken out of context by Mike & Mike. And Golic clearly dislikes Simmons and sounded like an absolute douchebag who deserved to be called out.

eznark

Banned
Mike and Mike is so bad, hahaha. Golic is so dumb and thinks he knows everything about everything because he was a mediocre player and automatically knows what it's like to be a player in every single sport ever.

Greenberg spends his entire time bringing up the Jets and Seinfeld references and is annoying as hell.

I heard that Bill Simmons interview on The Herd, and it was taken out of context by Mike & Mike. And Golic clearly dislikes Simmons and sounded like an absolute douchebag who deserved to be called out.

Tone down the personal attacks

Zeke

So the meeting between SA officials and raiders is set for tomorrow. Former mayor Cisneros along with Richard Perez CEO of the SA chamber of commerce and Michael Sawaya director of SA convention, sports and entertainment facilities director will also be there. They are going to review the first draft of the survey. I thought maybe Macomb's or Holt would make the trip. I'd prefer Holt over Red tho.

eznark

Banned
Terrence West is gonna go for 130 and 2 TD's tonight. He will have more rushing yards than the Browns have passing yards.

#rackit

brentech

AdamSchefter said:
NFL advised Adrian Peterson this afternoon that following his plea agreement to resolve his criminal case in Texas his matter will now be reviewed for potential discipline under the NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy. As part of the process, the NFL has requested that Peterson submit relevant information regarding his case and meet with designated experts who will make recommendations for the Commissioner’s consideration. Peterson also will have the opportunity to have a hearing prior to the issuance of any discipline.
Pending completion of the process, Peterson's status on the Reserve/Commissioner Exempt list will remain unchanged.

Top Bottom