• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

Milchjon

The final report was released today by the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department on the crash that killed former Tennessee Titans kicker Rob Bironas. For the most part, the report buttresses the bizarre narrative that's emerged to this point about what happened that night: Bironas's wife says he left unexpectedly; two different groups of people say Bironas tried to run them off the road; Bironas lost control of his GMC Yukon and crashed into a tree.

At the time of the crash, Bironas was drunk (he had a blood alcohol level of .218), had a small amount of diazepam in his system, and was driving at 73 miles per hour, which is more than twice the legal limit for the stretch of road he was on, according to the Tennessean.

But what sticks out the most is a passage in a supplemental report from Sgt. Kevin Lovell. He wondered why Bironas, who was dead upon removal from the car, was taken to a hospital. Here is the answer he got.

As I exited my patrol car I was approached by the acting District 8 EMS Chief, who handed me a form documenting how they extracted the driver. I asked this acting District Chief why the driver was transported to Vanderbilt Medical Center if he was deceased upon extrication. He told me, "Basically because he was Rob Bironis [sic]." He then left the scene.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bt5nYaa.png

Hmmmm I see Hoyer and I see Stafford, but where's Flacco

Oh that's right, he's ahead of them

???

My "QB" is only ahead of a high school gym teacher, a giraffe, a Carr, Lindsay Duke's man, a guy named Teddy, and Aaron Brooks 2.0 in passing points added per drive.

Feels bad man

effzee

Maclin is looking fine after just over a year.

I don't this RG3 has what it takes. I think he is coddled and isn't ready to be able to lead or control an NFL offense.

Maclin = Just over a year. RG3 in under a year. It's not like this is the first time a QB has come back from anew ACL tear and hasn't looked the same right away.

He led his team and the offense just fine his rookie season. Don't get why that gets ignored so easily but his post injury play is the final judgement on his ability and potential.

At any rate RG3 is better than whatever the Eagles have and if he was somehow available I'd love to have him on the Eagles.

rando14

Anymore wins on the season just seems like icing on the cake to me. Maybe I have super low standards though

#FreeGordon!

Nah you say this now but if the Browns lost 7 in a row you'd be devastated

It's playoffs or bust now in Cleve!! Strap in and join the ride or get off now!!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Anymore wins on the season just seems like icing on the cake to me. Maybe I have super low standards though

#FreeGordon!

I already got made fun of because I am ecstatic to see 6 wins. Most I've seen EVER!

Either way we hit 6 so now I will hope for 7 and then go from there.

bionic77

You're a 13 year old white girl?

Ready for Brady Bowl I?
Hakeem is pretty close to disowning you.

I am most intrigued by Miami/Detroit, Niners/Saints and of course my Steelers. Beyond that a lot of important games this week. Will the Ravens rebound at home like they always do? Then we have the garbage bowl between the Falcons and Bucs. Which Romo shows up and can be stop the bleeding? Can the Bears show up for this supposedly "rivalry"?

It's going to be fun!

Fox318

That missing Mexican students story is chilling.

For as much money as the US spends in military assistance in the middle east Mexico is a more unstable landscape with almost as much militarization as the middle east.

If Mexico had oil or deep ties with the US(like Israel) you would probably have seen a stronger us presence on foreign policy there.

US relaxing drug laws and legalization of some drugs should help stem some of the violence but I fear that the people smuggling drugs will soon move all of their resources to human organs and human trafficking.

eznark

Banned
For as much money as the US spends in military assistance in the middle east Mexico is a more unstable landscape with almost as much militarization as the middle east.

If Mexico had oil or deep ties with the US(like Israel) you would probably have seen a stronger us presence on foreign policy there.

US relaxing drug laws and legalization of some drugs should help stem some of the violence but I fear that the people smuggling drugs will soon move all of their resources to human organs and human trafficking.

What if instead of doing that we just ship a bunch of guns to the drug kingpins and call it a day?

Holder_face.jpg

Zeke

Read some articles over the raiders today. I really need to do a better job of picking what articles I read so much misinformation the comment sections are awesomely hilarious tho.

Fox318

So holders legacy will basically be his stance on civil rights and him disregarding civil liberties?

I'd love to read a book on him but I feel like he became such a target from the beginning that its hard to find a book that either glorifies him or vilifies him based on the authors political beliefs.

As a related/random comment, I really had a strong desire to play Fable 2 the other day.

I know they never lived up to the promise but that world/idea had so much potential.

Sad times.

dionysus

Yaldog

Mexico and Canada are the two largest oil exporters to the US. Mexico has huge oil fields.

We barely get anything from the middle east. Common misconception.

If I could hop onto some extinct online games Id hop onto Shadowrun online (360), and gears of war 1.
Edit: and rainbow six Vegas! Hnngh!

Top Bottom