• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

Spinluck

what is the vue?

PlayStation™Vue, a pioneering new cloud-based TV service that reinvents the television experience.

F4Tzda2.jpg

"Everyday TV is about to become extraordinary with our new cloud-based TV service, PlayStation™Vue," said Andrew House, President and Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. and Group Executive in charge of the Network Entertainment Business. "PlayStation™Vue reinvents the traditional viewing experience so your programming effortlessly finds you, enabling you to watch much more of what you want and search a lot less. PlayStation™Vue brings the best of live TV and a robust catalog of the latest content, always keeping you connected to what's popular, new and trending. Today's announcement builds on the historic success of PlayStation®4 and demonstrates what our company is capable of when we embrace disruption and stay true to gamers."

Removing Barriers between Viewers and Content:

PlayStation™Vue leverages the power of the cloud to combine the live, on-demand, and catch-up TV content viewers love with a powerful user interface that delivers unprecedented personalization and simplicity.

• PlayStation™Vue immediately connects viewers to the content they want to watch, helps them easily access their favorite shows and channels, and recommends movies and shows based on their viewing habits and what's trending.
  • Discovering content is both simple and powerful with PlayStation™Vue. The smart "Search" feature narrows down results quickly and intuitively, and the powerful "Explore" function allows viewers to filter the entire catalog of live and on-demand content by type of program, genre, ratings, popularity, length and more.
  • PlayStation™Vue delivers catch-up and on-demand TV, freeing viewers to watch TV on their own schedules. The service makes the past three days of popular programming available without the need to schedule recordings.
  • Viewers can save their favorite shows to the cloud without storage restrictions or scheduling conflicts. Once viewers tag a favorite show, they will automatically have access to episodes of that show for 28 days so that they can watch on their own time.
  • PlayStation™Vue is simple to navigate and intuitive to use. By leveraging the power of the PlayStation® platform and controller, viewers are always one click away from quick access to watching, finding, and discovering content.

Jybb2Ky.jpg

The Best Content on TV:

During the invite-only beta, PlayStation™Vue will initially offer around 75 channels per market from the following major programmers, including local broadcast stations, so that viewers can enjoy their favorite movies, TV shows, and sports programs.

The following is a list of our current network partners, with additional partners to be announced in the future:

• CBS – At launch, PlayStation®Vue will offer the live linear signal from CBS Television Network's owned-and-operated TV stations in select leading markets in addition to on-demand prime-time programming.
  • Discovery Communications – Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Science, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Discovery Family Channel and 11 more brands.
  • Fox – Fox Networks Group's portfolio of national entertainment programming services, including - FX, FXX, FXM, National Geographic Channel and Nat Geo WILD. Additionally FOX Sports' national and regional programming services - FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, BTN, Fox's regional sports networks, including YES Network and Prime Ticket. The agreement also covers Fox's owned and operated television stations.
  • NBCUniversal – All local offerings from NBC, Telemundo and regional sports networks as well as Bravo, CNBC, E!, NBCSN, Oxygen, Sprout, Syfy, USA Network and more.
  • Scripps Networks Interactive – HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, DIY Network and Cooking Channel.
  • Viacom – BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, PALLADIA, Spike, VH1 and more.

Transparent Pricing with No Commitments:

Pricing and packaging details will be revealed at commercial launch but PlayStation™Vue is changing the rules for how people pay for subscription TV.

• What you see is what you pay – fair and competitive price that is transparent with no hidden fees or charges.
  • No contracts – maximum flexibility as PlayStation™Vue will be offered on a month-to-month basis without any penalty or customer service hassles for cancellation.
  • No equipment or installation charges – with broadband internet service and a PlayStation®4 system or PlayStation®3 system, there's no need to install or rent any additional equipment.

Availability:

PlayStation™Vue will begin an invite only beta preview during November for select PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 owners, with a phased rollout starting in New York followed later by Chicago, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles. The service will also become available on iPad® shortly thereafter, and later on more Sony and non-Sony devices.

PlayStation™Vue will launch commercially during the first quarter of 2015.

Spinluck

5 sony fans bickering about why the xbone sucks?

Gaming side reality TV

I want a game console to play games, fuck MS for their entertainment box, I will stick with the PS4 since it is all about the games.

:lol

The 10 million Xbones thread was pretty funny, it's like they don't understand that Xbone doing better is good news for their games regardless of platforms.

If you like games you should also like this TV stuff, it increases the longevity of these consoles, somewhat.

brentech

Thirteen NFL players have at least 6.5 sacks this season. Three of them play for the Bills. The Dolphins are starting a rookie at LT and two backups from last year's o-line.

#PrayForTannehill

HE IS UNCONTROLLABLE
Midseason it kind of sucks, but during training camp last year the Packers had to put a rookie at LT and he has been our LT ever since. He still gets beat by speed guys, but he usually holds up pretty well otherwise.
Some defenders are just going to win out a few times a game no matter who they face. Maybe you guys find your next starting lineman...

I'm just hoping Corey Linsley continues to play solid/improve at center and the Packers actually stay stable at the position for once year over year. Been a long time since we didn't start a new season with a different center.

Barring injury, RT is the only position that should be in question next year. Bulaga isn't overly impressive and is currently set to become a FA

:lol

The 10 million Xbones thread was pretty funny, it's like they don't understand that Xbone doing better is good news for their games regardless of platforms.

If you like games you should also like this TV stuff, it increases the longevity of these consoles, somewhat.

It's almost if they were a bunch basement dwelling fanboys that don't understand competition is a good thing for the market to be successful.

Guys....

From whom? p3tran has been walked down this road before regarding the difference in indie developer support between platforms, and yet here we are again. Providing an easy-to-access reminder at the touch of a fingertip seems like a nice thing to do, imo.

Back on topic: this afternoon will be highly entertaining. I promise you.

Back on topic: this afternoon will be highly entertaining. I promise you.

RIP NeoGAF for a few hours.

Trey

Dolphins are going to have to pull some wizardry out of their hat to protect Tannehill and/or run the ball. It should be fun to see.

I expect a lot of slants and bubble screens and roll out play action and read options from the Dolphins.

Dolphins are going to have to pull some wizardry out of their hat to protect Tannehill and/or run the ball. It should be fun to see.

I expect a lot of slants and bubble screens and roll out play action and read options from the Dolphins.

It's what you'd expect, but Philbin and Lazor tend to forget these things. Expect tannehill to always be in the shotgun with lots of draw plays and no play action/shifting the pocket and putting tannehill on the run.

And expect very little Lamar miller with lots of Daniel Thomas.

Well we saw how that gameplan worked less than a week ago...

Dolphins are a finesse team. The offense doesn't have a prayer against a tough team like the Bills.

bionic77

That Vue thing is going to be popular with a lot of people who don't have cable.

Whoever gets HBO or sports first is going to win though.

That is the major gap missing. Mainly sports.

Tom Penny

That Vue thing is going to be popular with a lot of people who don't have cable.

Whoever gets HBO or sports first is going to win though.

That is the major gap missing. Mainly sports.

There are people that have no cable but have internet and next gen consoles? Do they play on standard TV's too?

bish got the heads up that XB1 won the month on NPD.

Prepare to evacuate to the snescave. Shit's about to get heated.

MS said yesterday that their sales didnt increase until 2 weeks ago. No way did they win October. It is going to be insanely one sided for Sony in Oct. That is what bish is talking about.

bionic77

It's almost if they were a bunch basement dwelling fanboys that don't understand competition is a good thing for the market to be successful.
The hurt is real.

For PR people jobs are at stake.

And for people who can't afford more than one console this shit is equally as serious. These people had to sell all their last gen games and then scrape and save to barely afford these new consoles. They need to justify their poverty. I mean console of choice.

Trey

It's what you'd expect, but Philbin and Lazor tend to forget these things. Expect tannehill to always be in the shotgun with lots of draw plays and no play action/shifting the pocket and putting tannehill on the run.

And expect very little Lamar miller with lots of Daniel Thomas.

Well we saw how that gameplan worked less than a week ago...

Dolphins are a finesse team. The offense doesn't have a prayer against a tough team like the Bills.

KC found some success with misdirection against the Bills. Get the defense flowing one way and come back the other. If there's any downside to the Bills' aggressive get after the QB tendency, it's that the D over pursues on certain plays.

There's no doubt in my mind that the Dolphins are looking at that. Tannehill will probably lead his team in rushing yards.

There are people that have no cable but have internet and next gen consoles? Do they play on standard TV's too?

There are many people that have HDTVs and internet who use app services such as Hulu, Netflix, Vudu, etc. to get around having cable. This is really common among the younger generations and becoming more and more of a trend. Cable would be largely dead already if not for Sports IMO. Sony is trying to cash in on this trend but Bionic is right, get Sports and you will win. I'd personally jump ship in a heartbeat if I could get sports. I wish I could just pay for sports channels and nothing else but Cable companies know better than to allow this until their hand is forced.

MS said yesterday that their sales didnt increase until 2 weeks ago. No way did they win October. It is going to be insanely one sided for Sony in Oct. That is what bish is talking about.

Insanely one-sided isn't entertaining though.

Right now, Sony dominating is the status quo and the expected result every month. Just following the trend doesn't move the needle imo

jmdajr

So people will be out of shape if MS "wins"? Who gives a shit. 350 is a good deal and the price it should have probably been in the first place. I understand why it wasn't though.

There won't be proper disorder until the next posting as I expect Xbone to easily win November between MCC and the sales. December/holiday reporting is when things will get truly interesting. More so for pathetic poors that have to turn this into a console war.

Insanely one-sided isn't entertaining though.

Right now, Sony dominating is the status quo and the expected result every month. Just following the trend doesn't move the needle imo

MS dropped the price of the XB1 at the very end of Oct. No way would they have done that if sales were good in Oct. It doesnt make sense. I think Wii-U coming in 2nd makes more sense then XB1 coming in first. I will say that the PS4 trippled the XB1 and that is why it will be entertaining.

KC found some success with misdirection against the Bills. Get the defense flowing one way and come back the other. If there's any downside to the Bills' aggressive get after the QB tendency, it's that the D over pursues on certain plays.

There's no doubt in my mind that the Dolphins are looking at that. Tannehill will probably lead his team in rushing yards.
The Lions destroyed the read option by bringing a safety up in the box to help. As long as your secondary can survive with that extra man in the box the QB has no chance of running out of the read option, and even when he hands off he'll get hit a lot. Tannehill got the snot beat out of him and remember, that was only five days ago.

I don't own any of them anymore. I just don't have time for games and probably won't for a very long time. MGS5 coming to steam pretty much sealed my no console rule.

Tom Penny

Surprisingly a lot of people.

If you don't warch sports or HBO why exactly do you need cable? Everything else is online.

I don't know these people. Everyone I know pretty much watches sports but you are correct. I forget the exact percentage but basically ESPN is responsible for the vast majority of your cable bill.

Top Bottom