• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

MechDX

To claim LeGarrette Blount off waivers, it'd cost a team just the $317,647 he has left in base salary. He hits the wire at 4 p.m. ET.

Tates numbers are similar.

MechDX

It will take Andre Johnson some time to adjust after having noddle passes for so long.

My memory is a bit hazy, but Carr had a decent arm.

John Harris made a comment about Mallett s velocity in his weekly onbservations. Said on his first pass to Dre from Mallett Dre had a look of shock on his face from how fast it got to him.

jmdajr

John Harris made a comment about Mallett s velocity in his weekly onbservations. Said on his first pass to Dre from Mallett Dre had a look of shock on his face from how fast it got to him.

lol.

this warms my heart.

537.gif

eznark

Banned
Ryan Mallett's average time per pass attempt was 2.06 seconds vs CLE. Off the charts fast, lowest in the league this week.--PFF

MAN......Get Foster back, Mallett gets more comfortable with receivers, this has the potential to be REALLY damn fun.

Pro Football Focus @PFF
More Mallett: When ball was out in under 2.5 secs passer rating was 123.1, when it was >2.5 seconds: 31.3 passer rating.

Huh, what was his yards per attempt? I didn't watch any of that game, was he Checkdown Charlie or what?

Agreed. Very odd to see the Pats devalue running backs. Especially irreplaceable ones like Blount.

Blount was a monster in New England, and came cheap as the 3rd RB. Pats could have easily paid him a pittance but chose not to. There was a reason for that.

Blount sat on the market until virtually everyone was snapped up and the Steelers took him. There's a reason for that.

5 teams in 5 years. There's a reason for that.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Huh, what was his yards per attempt? I didn't watch any of that game, was he Checkdown Charlie or what?

bout 7 yards per attempt.

The likely reason the rating dropped so much on longer than 2.5 seconds is the deep ball interception that Joe Haden made a great play on. He also went deep a few other times and only completed one or two times as i recall.

cajunator

Banned
It looks like its going to be pretty cold tonight (by deep south standards) and I dont like it.
stupid hard freeze warning my car will be all frozen in the morning and shit.

Tom Penny

Blount was a monster in New England, and came cheap as the 3rd RB. Pats could have easily paid him a pittance but chose not to. There was a reason for that.

Blount sat on the market until virtually everyone was snapped up and the Steelers took him. There's a reason for that.

Pats got rid of Danny Woodhead who was a solid player and also played special teams and got paid peanuts from San Diego. They don't care. They set a price they will pay and that's pretty much it except for very rare exceptions.

manfestival

Dude likes to punch people. If it wasn't for his anger, he would be a consistent beast.

Pats got rid of Danny Woodhead who was a solid player and also played special teams and got paid peanuts from San Diego. They don't care.

Danny Woodhead is just a guy.

Patriots get rid of guys like nothing because they're either washed up or JAGs that nobody pays.

Blount was neither, came cheap and they still didn't bother. He has an attitude problem.

Panthers cut Avant? Oh.

Guess we had no need for a possession receiver who can't get any kind of separation.

I did say he was better LaFell over the off-season. I'll take my L on that one

I played the PES demo for 10 minutes last night and I think I am back onboard!

The King is truly back baby!

Who's ready for those riveting West Merseyside vs. North London FC derbies!

Respect

Pats got rid of Danny Woodhead who was a solid player and also played special teams and got paid peanuts from San Diego. They don't care. They set a price they will pay and that's pretty much it except for very rare exceptions.

True, but Vereen was waiting in the wings, and he was cheaper being on a 2nd rd rookie contract...it was a small gamble, I loved woodhead but in hindsight I think it was the right move. Vereen has been just as good as woodhead.

Colasante

Patriots get rid of guys like nothing because they're either washed up or JAGs that nobody pays.

Blount was neither, came cheap and they still didn't bother. He has an attitude problem.

Blount was a great player and great citizen in New England. I wanted him to come back, but he saw a better opportunity for playing time in Pittsburgh. I don't know how that reflects poorly on New England. Players leave teams in free agency sometimes, for a variety of reasons.

I hope he comes back. I want to see Gray and Blount lead a Thunder & Thunder rushing attack in the playoffs.

Because why pay him more than you value him, when you can get the same production out of guys like Gray?

Because you don't have to pay him.

Steelers paid him 1.5 million. Nothing for a RB. Patriots could have gotten him for the same or less yet chose not to. Financially Blount is the type of player the Pats actually keep around, yet they didn't even bother with him.

Then when they released him nobody bit until the tumbleweeds started blowing. I'm not going out on a limb here saying the Pats let him walk due to his attitude.

Blount was a great player and great citizen in New England. I wanted him to come back, but he saw a better opportunity for playing time in Pittsburgh. I don't know how that reflects poorly on New England. Players leave teams in free agency sometimes, for a variety of reasons.

I hope he comes back. I want to see Gray and Blount lead a Thunder & Thunder rushing attack in the playoffs.

Who the hell said it reflects poorly on them? I'm not saying they should have paid him, i'm saying there's a reason they didn't beyond him being a running back. Dutch said he was a model citizen in NE, he wouldn't be the first Patriot who's problems were covered up.

Tom Penny

Jonas Gray just ran for 199 and you think the Pats really care they couldn't sign Blount lol. They are probably glad Ridely got hurt because they weren't going to resign him and now they will be able to stash him away on practice squad next year for peanuts because nobody will want him coming off injury.

Respect

I would like to see him back just for insurance, but I don't think he clears waivers...or falls far enough for NE to claim him.

Colasante

Jonas Gray's stats were changed to 37 carries for 201 yards. He broke 200! Go Jonas!

Because you don't have to pay him.

Steelers paid him 1.5 million. Nothing for a RB. Patriots could have gotten him for the same or less yet chose not to. Financially Blount is the type of player the Pats actually keep around, yet they didn't even bother with him.

Then when they released him nobody bit until the tumbleweeds started blowing. I'm not going out on a limb here saying the Pats let him walk due to his attitude.

Who the hell said it reflects poorly on them? I'm not saying they should have paid him, i'm saying there's a reason there wasn't beyond him being a running back.

You're not going out on a limb, you're just wrong. I don't know why you're trying to act like he was a problem in New England to make yourself feel better about the Steelers' poor free agency decisions. The Patriots offered him a contract, the Steelers offered more and provided a clearer path to playing time in his eyes, so he chose Pittsburgh.

Bowser

Joe Person ‏@josephperson
Rivera says Eagles game was kind of an eye-opener; receivers were getting no separation vs. man coverage.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson
Rivera says offense has lacked vertical threats and quickness underneath. "We had three guys that were very similar."

Ron is just now realizing what, um, everyone knew in the offseason.

How is this dude a HC?

Why did the Panthers hire a guy who had been passed over 9 times before landing a HC gig?

Ugh.

MechDX

Browns started playing like Fitz was QB. After Mallett took a couple shots downfiekd they backed up and gave the intermediate stuff all day. also explains how Blue had so many yards rushing.

Amazing what a strong arm at QB can do.

Mallett also looked good running the hurry up . Last drive of the half he was sharp. Caught the Browns D a few times looking like the Texans defense sadly.

Tom Penny

True, but Vereen was waiting in the wings, and he was cheaper being on a 2nd rd rookie contract...it was a small gamble, I loved woodhead but in hindsight I think it was the right move. Vereen has been just as good as woodhead.

That move was dumb because his money went to Leon Washington who didn't play a snap for them and Vereen broke his hand in the 1st game..

Jonas Gray's stats were changed to 37 carries for 201 yards. He broke 200! Go Jonas!

You're not going out on a limb, you're just wrong. I don't know why you're trying to act like he was a problem in New England to make yourself feel better about the Steelers' poor free agency decisions. The Patriots offered him a contract, the Steelers offered more and provided a clearer path to playing time in his eyes, so he chose Pittsburgh.

My memory is failing me. Could have sworn the Pats let him walk without offering. Still, keeping Blount is a great decision for NE, but a poor FA decision for Pitt? Gotcha.

As I said before. 5 teams. Kicked off his college squad for suckerpunching a player. Forgive if I don't buy him turning into an angel once he steps onto the moors of Boston.

Sucks to lose Monte Ball for 2-3 weeks but he hasn't produced much at all for us.

Broncos aren't going to do much without a good running game. Manning has looked lost since that Patriots game.

jakncoke

Banned
Jonas Gray just ran for 199 and you think the Pats really care they couldn't sign Blount lol. They are probably glad Ridely got hurt because they weren't going to resign him and now they will be able to stash him away on practice squad next year for peanuts because nobody will want him coming off injury.

Pretty sure he isnt eligible but nice pipe dream.

Colasante

My memory is failing me. Could have sworn the Pats let him walk without offering. Still, keeping Blount is a great decision for NE, but a poor FA decision for Pitt? Gotcha.

As I said before. 5 teams. Kicked off his college squad for suckerpunching a player. Forgive if I don't buy him turning into an angel once he steps onto the moors of Boston.

I mean it was a poor decision in hindsight for Pittsburgh, I actually like the move and thought Bell and Blount would have made a good tandem. What I'm guessing happened is that the Steelers told him he'd be a bigger, more consistent part of their game plan, and likely he'd be the back they used when they needed to kill the clock. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers were a bit surprised by how good Bell turned out to be this season, and when they started using him in situations Blount thought he should have gotten the ball, the tension developed.

Respect

That move was dumb because his money went to Leon Washington who didn't play a snap for them and Vereen broke his hand in the 1st game..

Completely forgot about Leon Washington, yeah...that was a poor signing, but that happened the following year they released wodhead.

From what I heard, the Pats didn't offer him anything and wanted to see what kind of offers other teams would give him so they let him hit the market.

bionic77

Panthers cut Avant? Oh.

Guess we had no need for a possession receiver who can't get any kind of separation.

I did say he was better LaFell over the off-season. I'll take my L on that one

The King is truly back baby!

Who's ready for those riveting West Merseyside vs. North London FC derbies!
I only care if the game is fun.

I am not a huge soccer fan so lack of teams means nothing to me.

Top Bottom