• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

I mean it was a poor decision in hindsight for Pittsburgh, I actually like the move and thought Bell and Blount would have made a good tandem. What I'm guessing happened is that the Steelers told him he'd be a bigger, more consistent part of their game plan, and likely he'd be the back they used when they needed to kill the clock. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers were a bit surprised by how good Bell turned out to be this season, and when they started using him in situations Blount thought he should have gotten the ball, the tension developed.

Blount got the ball plenty. Problem was he was shit with it outside of that Carolina game. Charlie Batch tweeted that he didn't know his responsibilities on the field.

From what I heard, the Pats didn't offer him anything and wanted to see what kind of offers other teams would give him so they let him hit the market.

That's how I remember it going.

MechDX

Our Run D is terrible. blue isn't even the first low round rookie rb to run wild on us this season. Also glad your excited about mallet, but settle down fella. It was one game.

Do I need to post gifs of schaub pick 6 and Keenum scrambling 20 yards backwards then chucking it?

Mallett feasted on your vaunted secondary. Deal with it.

Blount and Tate both seemingly have Attitude problems, who are teams trying to claim first?
Do I need to post gifs of schaub pick 6 and Keenum scrambling 20 yards backwards then chucking it?
Just saying settle down if I got excited about one game I'd want Hoyer to have a 100 million dollar contract, or Yankee Would want Foles to be His qb for forever.

I'll get super excited after Manziels first good game.

Edit: vaunted secondary LOL, I have dealed with it.

Bread

Banned
image.php

NFL Overlord Cardinals in the house, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch. After slaying the Lions we move on to cooking some SeaHawk, I expect it will taste like chicken. We won in SEA last year, let's do it again! 10-1 here we come!

Real Talk: At the beginning of the season I expected this to be our toughest game like last year and one of maybe two or three games I'd be nervous going into. This is no longer the case and it has nothing to do with our record and success this season. The Chickens have looked shaky but more importantly, Wussel has played like shit. They have reverted into what the Cowboys have been this year, dominant run game leading the way (except SEA D is better). We match up extremely well against them on paper for the same reason we did the Cowboys. Our top 3 Run D will if not shut down Lynch, contain him and prevent him from having a big game. With Beast Mode struggling, Russel will not be able to beat us with his arm. The key to beating SEA (when they are clicking on all cylinders and healthy) is to have an elite defense, not an offense, most especially against the run. For that reason us and the Niners were already built to beat/give them a hard time even before the injuries and Russel playing lousy. There is a very real possibility we could lose this game, SEA is still a top 3 toughest to play stadium in the league and it's a division game first and foremost, but I feel more confident than I ever thought I would going into SEA. It's more of a "I really like our chances" than an "I expect to win" but I think we have the edge going into this game. Here's hoping! Stanton needs to take better care of the ball and we'll be good to go. Go Cards!!!

KC @ OAK

NYJ @ BUF
CLE @ ATL (Most difficult pick, who really knows?)
TB @ CHI
CIN @ HOU
DET @ NE
GB @ MIN
JAX @ IND
TEN @ PHI

STL @ SD
ARI @ SEA
MIA @ DEN (Depends on Sanders and Julius status)
WAS @ SF

DAL @ NYG

BAL @ NO

Byes: CAR, PIT

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
So if Mett can keep it up, keep showing promise and poise, we may actually be able to go all defense in 2015 draft and have a good year next year.

of course, whizz will still be the coach. which does not instill confidence.

game last night was a billion light years better than the rest of the year though. hopefully it continues and doesn't just flash in the pan like week 1.

So if Mett can keep it up, keep showing promise and poise, we may actually be able to go all defense in 2015 draft and have a good year next year.

of course, whizz will still be the coach. which does not instill confidence.

game last night was a billion light years better than the rest of the year though. hopefully it continues and doesn't just flash in the pan like week 1.

Last night's game was a referendum on Ben. Whiz knows Ben. Whiz knows Ben loves going deep. All night the Tits teed off on Ben, and he refused to take the short stuff until late.

MechDX

Last night's game was a referendum on Ben. Whiz knows Ben. Whiz knows Ben loves going deep. All night the Tits teed off on Ben, and he refused to take the short stuff until late.

Steelers fans being so cute again. I love you people.

Now I'm defending a Titans fan........

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras

regardless, the titan's offense actually looked competent. not great, but much, much better.

there's a simple 2014 season recipe to beat the titans though

A) do you have a running back
B) use him
C) win

lol you're a texan fan right?

yeah it feels dirty. real dirty.

but then again we can all hate the steeler fans together

Huh?

I'm saying Whiz plan for Ben was perfect. Only problem was that the Titans personnel are ill equipped to handle the run. Once Ben put it on Bell game over.

this is the same thing that happened last year and in 12. Teams blitzed like crazy and took the deep half and Ben struggled. He needs to fight that urge to go deep constantly, especially in windy weather.

My memory is failing me. Could have sworn the Pats let him walk without offering. Still, keeping Blount is a great decision for NE, but a poor FA decision for Pitt? Gotcha.

As I said before. 5 teams. Kicked off his college squad for suckerpunching a player. Forgive if I don't buy him turning into an angel once he steps onto the moors of Boston.

Dude was a cunt who deserved to get sucker punched.

bionic77

Serious question, since the last PES I played was like 2002 or something on PC, what does it offer that FIFA doesn't?
Different feel.

FIFA has gone backwards to me.

PES at its best has really good ball physics. They feel totally unpredictable and you feel like you are totally in control. In fifa things begin to feel very scripted and the goals all start to feel that way as well. Also animation and control a little more fluid. Worse graphics than FIFA but I don't give a shit.

This was just on the demo though. I need to get the real game and play more than 10 minutes before I can really make any real conclusions.

MechDX

Have seen some speculation about the Steelers placing a waiver claim on Ben Tate. I hear that's not happening-LaCanfora

Boo!

MechDX

Claim order: OAK, JX, TB, TEN, NYJ, WAS, NYG, CAR, ATL, MIN, CHI, NO, STL, TX, BUF, CLE, SD, SEA, BAL, MIA, IND, SF, PIT, CIN, DAL, DET, GB…

Final 5 in claiming order (2 of 2): PHI, KC, DEN, NE, AZ. With Blount & Tate available, lots of waiver wire games of chicken #intrigue

Respect

Claim order: OAK, JX, TB, TEN, NYJ, WAS, NYG, CAR, ATL, MIN, CHI, NO, STL, TX, BUF, CLE, SD, SEA, BAL, MIA, IND, SF, PIT, CIN, DAL, DET, GB…

Final 5 in claiming order (2 of 2): PHI, KC, DEN, NE, AZ. With Blount & Tate available, lots of waiver wire games of chicken #intrigue

Wonder if Den puts in a claim just to keep Blount from NE, with the bonus of having another back with the Montee ball situation.

Jingle all the Way is a top 5 Christmas movie for me. The way you old nerds feel about Lucas making the Star Wars prequels is how I feel about them making JATW 2

Different feel.

FIFA has gone backwards to me.

PES at its best has really good ball physics. They feel totally unpredictable and you feel like you are totally in control. In fifa things begin to feel very scripted and the goals all start to feel that way as well. Also animation and control a little more fluid. Worse graphics than FIFA but I don't give a shit.

This was just on the demo though. I need to get the real game and play more than 10 minutes before I can really make any real conclusions.

The faces look ten times better on PES. Thank You Based Kojima for blessing us with the Fox Engine.

Everything else I agree with. PES is just a much more natural, realistic game of football. FIFA against the computer has way too much cheesy bullshit (they will score an equalizer or winner in the 90+ minute every third game guaranteed on the higher levels) and online it becomes a LT+Y/L2+Triangle ping pong spam fest.

PES' problem and the reason it will never get mainstream acceptance again is that everything surrounding the actual game is shit. The presentation is shit, the commentary is shit, the game modes are shit, the poverty Ultimate Team rip off is shit, the selection of team and stadiums is shit.

If you don't care about any of that, then PES is the game for you. Until Konami gets that stuff up to scratch though, FIFA will be the better overall game.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I really hope that a lot of this AP defense isn't fueled by some sort of weird fantasy football obsession. It's about impossible to rule out though.

Top Bottom