• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

jakncoke

Banned
Josh Harris promoted from Steelers practice squad. Was a non factor in the preseason.

reading draft report on him and lol man..

besides having 4.62 40

this made me lol and just cringe at why we not using something else

Negative: Despite his size not a back who breaks tackles and rather easily brought down by a single defender. Lacks the speed to break long runs.

I play it plenty. It's ping-pong on grass.

And that's not even to say that it's terrible or that I don't enjoy it.

PES just plays closer to a real game of football to me.
It's faster than real soccer that much is for sure. They have toned down the ping-pong nature a bit though with all of the weighted pass stuff and player momentum. If you play someone who knows what they're doing it'll also make you think about your passes a little more.

If it played like real football a 12' game wouldn't be very fun so I understand why they make some concessions. Still, the player physics and ball physics are incredible, in my opinion.

Mike Mitchell's a goon and a thug. I miss him dearly :(

The US is losing to the Ireland (yes, the lucky charms/leprechaun motherfuckers) 4-1 in soccer.

Safe to say that whole soccer thing is dead here

harSon

Banned
Rewatching the game. 4th quarter. Ben has finally stopped holding onto the ball, starts carving the secondary up. Blitzing ineffective.

You mean we finally started running the ball, and effectively, and quick pass plays were finally being dialed up? A lot of those sacks where the offensive line got destroyed were on pass plays meant to push the ball down the field. Haley didn't start calling for quick passes, slants, screens, etc until that 4th quarter.

I can only think of one sack, maybe 2, where Ben was at fault. The other 3 he was under duress/contact from all angles like 1.5 seconds into the play. Especially on that drive where he was sacked twice in a row.

DMczaf

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=935257

Nothing unethical about stealing from Wal-Mart. I'd say it's actually a good thing.

It's not thievery, you're still paying for the product, but it's definitely trickery. You're taking advantage of the possibility of someone's ignorance to get a grossly huge discount on something. Not thievery, but not exactly ethical either.

THOSE POOR MASSIVE CORPORATIONS!

I love this. More power for those who took advantage of it.

6HUCuxu.gif

You mean we finally started running the ball, and effectively, and quick pass plays were finally being dialed up? A lot of those sacks where the offensive line got destroyed were on pass plays meant to push the ball down the field. Haley didn't start calling for quick passes, slants, screens, etc until that 4th quarter.

I can only think of one sack, maybe 2, where Ben was at fault. The other 3 he was under duress/contact from all angles like 1.5 seconds into the play. Especially on that drive where he was sacked twice in a row.

Every time we go back and forth you mention this 1.5 seconds thing. How much time do you think Ben is going to have on constant blitzing? You have to get it out under 1.5 seconds sometimes.

As I said earlier. Ben's 2012 slump and the 4 game losing streak last year happened in part because Ben insisted on looking downfield instead of taking the dump off. It's not 2008 anymore. Ben is not as shifty as he used to be. It's no coincidence that Ben looked crisp and the offense hummed this season when the ball was coming out quickly. Pouncey even got on his ass for holding the ball during the game.

Every contract Kevin Colbert gave out this year have all been shitastic. That dude needs to go.

Reposting for great emphasis.

Pretty much. In terms of FAs, Cam Thomas, Mitchell, and Blount were big misses. Moats was a decent pickup, but that's not saving face. The new contract for Cortez Allen was a total disaster. His only good moves were bringing in the olds, Keisel and Harrison. I'm so tired of Colbert.

Yup. Electronics section too...

Didn't even notice. Goddamn why does he feel the need to defend one piece of shit so vehemently?

At least you have Christmas song after Christmas song playing over the PA to look forward to! I started to lose it by mid-December last year working in retail,after hearing the same damn songs every hour.

Gobias

Banned
At least you have Christmas song after Christmas song playing over the PA to look forward to! I started to lose it by mid-December last year working in retail,after hearing the same damn songs every hour.

For some reason we have a display that only plays like 30 seconds of Christmas song before moving on to the next one. You can hear the whole catalog in 5 minutes.

Pretty much. In terms of FAs, Cam Thomas, Mitchell, and Blount were big misses. Moats was a decent pickup, but that's not saving face. The new contract for Cortez Allen was a total disaster. His only good moves were bringing in the olds, Keisel and Harrison. I'm so tired of Colbert.

Blount is hindsight talking. Everyone praised it as a great signing at the time.

Mitchell i'll give more time. This whole secondary is awful (though to be fair Steelers should have seen this coming and did more than assign a throwaway 5th round pick to address it)

Cam Thomas...yeah he's not good, but Al Woods wasn't much better, and he can barely get on the field in Tennessee. Also we needed versatility that Carrington couldn't provide. (Haven't heard his name all season either.)

On that note, McCullers proved he wasn't ready to replace anyone last night. Being 350 pounds doesn't mean shit when you're a swinging gate. He needs work learning to stay square and on his feet.

Sanjuro

I work a 12 hour shift on Thanksgiving and a 13 hour shift on Black Friday. Tebow save me.

I despite those frauds who post about "boycotting" stores because of people working Black Friday / Thanksgiving. There are plenty of people that actually don't mind working them or in hindsight prefer the extra pay.

Not sure where you fall into, but good luck!

Farooq

Banned
I just spent four and half hours listening to Alex Gibbs explain his system. I also have a midterm this Friday. I need to learn how prioritize my time.

Gobias

Banned
I despite those frauds who post about "boycotting" stores because of people working Black Friday / Thanksgiving. There are plenty of people that actually don't mind working them or in hindsight prefer the extra pay.

Not sure where you fall into, but good luck!

I don't give a shit about missing Thanksgiving. I'm just hoping I don't get trampled to death.

Top Bottom