• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

Can..can somebody hold me? Well, the dream is dead as next man up only carries you so far when you have this many injuries. Unfuckingbelievable that we had another 4 significant guys get hurt. I still like our chances against the Chiefs because of how we match up on paper and Fitz should be coming back to help the offense. After that, a short week heading into the STL to play the most physical team in the league does not give me comfort. If we beat KC like we're supposed to, we have a shot at the playoffs still but otherwise we're toast and if we do make it, hard to imagine this team going far unless Fitz suddenly returns Stanton to solid form. It's not outside the realm of possibilities but I'm not holding my breath. SEA will win the division again, sigh. When will it be our turn to shine? This was supposed to be our season. At least there is one thought to keep me warm over the winter and that's how scary we're going to be next year when we get everyone back from injuries/suspensions (assuming Palmer bounces back from the injury and Fitz stays). Oh well, still your NFL Co-Overlords for another week! After taking a nap against the scrub ass Failcons, we'll smash the Chiefs! 10-3 here we come! Go Cards!

DAL @ CHI

PIT @ CIN
STL @ WAS
NYG @ TEN
CAR @ NO
NYJ @ MIN
BAL @ MIA
IND @ CLE
TB @ DET
HOU @ JAC
BUF @ DEN
KC @ ARI
SEA @ PHI
SF @ OAK
NE @ SD

ATL @ GB

Brady Hoke getting canned today, Harbaugh to Michigan will be defeaning from now til January.

Still love how the media concocted Oakland as a destination conveniently during the week the Niners play the Raiders.

Still think there is a >50% chance he's still coaching the Niners next season.

I will be visibly ill if Harbaugh really does go to Michigan. He will send Dantonio to the grave when Marky Mark dupes him with a fake FG to win their first head to head game. I can't have Dantonio die from a combination of Harbaugh's handshake and a heart attack

Bucket, you've still got it baby

It being the Lions and the second half of the season I know all too well that anything is indeed possible. I already have a sneaky feeling GB are going to destroy us, so we really cannot mess up these on paper EASY games, just hope Stafford remembers to throw.

PLS come back soon reggie, we need youuuu. Although Bell has been great!
Also if we get Fairley back that will be huge as well. Defense hasn't been the same since he's been gone. Bush, Rieff and Warford helps on the offensive side too. Every teams hurting though around this time we just have to deal.

Skele7on

Banned
Also if we get Fairley back that will be huge as well. Defense hasn't been the same since he's been gone. Bush, Rieff and Warford helps on the offensive side too. Every teams hurting though around this time we just have to deal.

Yeah I was at wembley when it happened was like UH OH.

And you're right Defense has really missed him the last few games.

Yeah we do have to just get on and do it as if we want to be playoff contenders we need to get this sorted.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So who is going to miss the playoffs between Dallas and Detroit now that Arizona is probably the other wild card team with Seattle winning that division?

Either team missing the playoffs would be amazingly delicious.

Edit: Actually Arizona may miss the playoffs entirely. That schedule is brutal.

Bowser

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m3 minutes ago
Panthers waive CB Antoine Cason, per league source.

DAL @ CHI

PIT @ CIN
STL @ WAS
NYG @ TEN
CAR @ NO
NYJ @ MIN
BAL @ MIA
IND @ CLE
TB @ DET
HOU @ JAC
BUF @ DEN
KC @ ARI
SEA @ PHI
SF @ OAK
NE @ SD

ATL @ GB

Can..can somebody hold me? Well, the dream is dead as next man up only carries you so far when you have this many injuries. Unfuckingbelievable that we had another 4 significant guys get hurt. I still like our chances against the Chiefs because of how we match up on paper and Fitz should be coming back to help the offense. After that, a short week heading into the STL to play the most physical team in the league does not give me comfort. If we beat KC like we're supposed to, we have a shot at the playoffs still but otherwise we're toast and if we do make it, hard to imagine this team going far unless Fitz suddenly returns Stanton to solid form. It's not outside the realm of possibilities but I'm not holding my breath. SEA will win the division again, sigh. When will it be our turn to shine? This was supposed to be our season. At least there is one thought to keep me warm over the winter and that's how scary we're going to be next year when we get everyone back from injuries/suspensions (assuming Palmer bounces back from the injury and Fitz stays). Oh well, still your NFL Co-Overlords for another week! After taking a nap against the scrub ass Failcons, we'll smash the Chiefs! 10-3 here we come! Go Cards!

DAL @ CHI

PIT @ CIN
STL @ WAS
NYG @ TEN
CAR @ NO
NYJ @ MIN
BAL @ MIA
IND @ CLE
TB @ DET
HOU @ JAC
BUF @ DEN
KC @ ARI
SEA @ PHI
SF @ OAK
NE @ SD

ATL @ GB

I'm sorry I was right about the Falcons beating you brah. I have some more bad news: I don't see another W on your schedule :(

LevelNth

Banned
So who is going to miss the playoffs between Dallas and Detroit now that Arizona is probably the other wild card team with Seattle winning that division?

Either team missing the playoffs would be amazingly delicious.

Edit: Actually Arizona may miss the playoffs entirely. That schedule is brutal.
Niners @ 10-6 with a loss in Seattle and wins against OAK, SD and ARI?

Is it possible?

I'm sorry I was right about the Falcons beating you brah. I have some more bad news: I don't see another W on your schedule :(

Entirely possible now :( Honey Badger getting surgery on that thumb now too. Somebody make it stop! I can see us beating KC and STL but I can also see us losing those games. If Fitz can play reasonably healthy he can be a huge boon for our offense and 3rd down conversions in particular.

cashman

Banned
In case you guys didn't notice, it is both December and the Cowboys already have 8 wins. There is 0% chance that they beat the Bears on Thursday.

RBH

I will masturbate with the might of a thousand gods if we somehow pull off the upset against Green Bay.

Not too confident about the Browns game this week. We have so many huge injuries on both sides of the ball, have an inaccurate unconfident Hoyer, or a 1st start ever Manziel against a huge scoring offense.

D needs to play its ass off like in Cincy to have a chance, but Luck is no lolDalton.

Paches

I don't want a hug from some adderall abusing pot smoking hippy loudmouth! At least post a cheercheatin' or something.

Best of both worlds

Richard-Sherman-Dances-With-Seahawks-Cheerleaders-GIF-After-49ers-INT.gif

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m3 minutes ago
Panthers waive CB Antoine Cason, per league source.

Too little too late.

Cason's been getting burnt by every fucking body. If Teddy Bridgewater wasn't a complete bum Antoine would have had a Patrick Peterson like afternoon yesterday.

Like I said yesterday, time to move 100% to player evaluation.

Entirely possible now :( Honey Badger getting surgery on that thumb now too. Somebody make it stop! I can see us beating KC and STL but I can also see us losing those games. If Fitz can play reasonably healthy he can be a huge boon for our offense and 3rd down conversions in particular.

It sucks because I'd rather have the cards win than seachickens. NFC west is the IR division

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
God damn I hate the Packers, there smug fanbase, there smug Quarterback. I hate everything about them.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm hungover and pissed fuck grammar. And fuck the Packers.

Next thing you'll tell me they added a needless "o" to to.

ShaneB

This AFC wildcard hunt is going to be fun to watch and be a part of. Doesn't seem like any one of these teams have an easy remaining schedule.

I turned the game off when Wallace dropped the TD pass. I was so fucking pissed.

I can't wait to hear Wallace bitch and complain about the offense again...maybe learn to catch douche

Their success?

Yeah... Every game is so important now. This game against the Ravens is so huge for so many teams.

Win 3 out of 4 and we are in....I'm not sure we'll even win another one.

This AFC wildcard hunt is going to be fun to watch and be a part of. Doesn't seem like any one of these teams have an easy remaining schedule.

The Ravens do

bionic77

Miami fans all agree with the Steelers on Wallace now.

We had no reason to lie to you and we share a common enemy!

Be more trusting bros...

Miami fans all agree with the Steelers on Wallace now.

We had no reason to lie to you and we share a common enemy!

Be more trusting bros...

I was never on board with his signing but I knew it was happening so I just accepted it.

Even their schedule I would not be shocked to see them have a bit of trouble. They may be the favourites in those matchups, but certainly not heavy favourites.

Well they lose to the bad teams so actually they might have the toughest schedule :jnc

bionic77

It's true, you guys were right all along. I hate that scrub.
He is still a good player.

Just not a complete 1 receiver.

Damn they love to argue over graphics on the gaming side. Who the fuck cares? Either a game looks good or it looks like shit. Once I get into a game I barely notice the graphics after awhile. The music always stuck with me more for epic games (though modern gaming music blows for the most part).

Top Bottom