• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Meh, completely different situations. Incognito's didn't involve any laws, it was purely an internal team matter.

Hardy's case is still pending appeal in front of jury, only because of NC's awkward two-step legal process. McDonald hasn't even been charged with a crime yet. I can see suspending both Hardy and Peterson for conduct detrimental, but whether or not anyone likes to admit it, due process is a real thing, and it does exist, and just because you're famous and/or a football player doesn't mean you're "hiding" behind it.

Vikings have a track record of suspending players while the process plays out. There is nothing saying these people have to be allowed to remain a part of the team.

Specifically in the Hardy and Peterson cases (one was found guilty already and another has admitted to doing everything he is accused of) the only thing left to find out is whether what they did will put them in jail. The information the teams and leagues need to have to make a decision about these scum bags they already have.

The teams are looking to milk assets and it's disgusting.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Vikings have a track record of suspending players while the process plays out. There is nothing saying these people have to be allowed to remain a part of the team.

Specifically in the Hardy and Peterson cases (one was found guilty already and another has admitted to doing everything he is accused of) the only thing left to find out is whether what they did will put them in jail. The information the teams and leagues need to have to make a decision about these scum bags they already have.

The teams are looking to milk assets and it's disgusting.

Agreed. The fact that the Vikings flat out cut a player arrested for domestic violence ONE HOUR after he was arrested and yet sits on their hands here is ludicrous.

NihonTiger90 said:
Two weeks in and I already feel like the Lions' season is done.

Stafford looks like shit.

Stafford looked great against the Giants and decent against the Panthers. Yesterday they refused to run the ball, which was incredibly stupid. He's not even close to the reason they lost yesterday. Maybe if Calvin "Greatest receiver ever" Johnson could hold on to a TD pass they'd have been in better shape.

Let's not forget that Vick didn't go to jail just for fighting dogs. He was running an organized crime ring with illegal gambling and all. On the grand scheme of things, he contributed more bad to society than one punch to the face. Vick deserved what he got.

Vick is still rich though. Give me that punishment I'd find good uses for that money.

Bowser

Let's not forget that Vick didn't go to jail just for fighting dogs. He was running an organized crime ring with illegal gambling and all. On the grand scheme of things, he contributed more bad to society than one punch to the face. Vick deserved what he got.

At the end of the day though, Vick served his time and seems to have genuinely become a better person.

Meanwhile, we've got disgusting pigs like George Zimmerman getting off scot-free.

Agreed. The fact that the Vikings flat out cut a player arrested for domestic violence ONE HOUR after he was arrested and yet sits on their hands here is ludicrous.

Stafford looked great against the Giants and decent against the Panthers. Yesterday they refused to run the ball, which was incredibly stupid. He's not even close to the reason they lost yesterday. Maybe if Calvin "Greatest receiver ever" Johnson could hold on to a TD pass they'd have been in better shape.

Oh, I'm sure the Lions would cut Calvin Johnson if the tables were turned. I think Peterson should be suspended but lets not act like every NFL team wouldn't do exactly the same thing with a star player, because that's pretty much what it boils down to is how good the player is.

Not sure how effective he will be as a power running back.

NJ102%20ELI%20MANNING%20RUNS%20FOR%20A%20FIRST%20%20DOWN%20AGAINST%20THE%20GREEN%20BAY%20PACKERS.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If only people could still be property, amiright?!

Thanks Lincoln!

None of these issues would even be a problem for the NFL!

There's an AP joke here somewhere about modern slavery, etc

Money talks. I don't think there's any confusion about what's driving their decisions but it's pretty gross.

Pictured: Bill Belichick kissing someone else's his girlfriend

Bill-Belichick-emotion-instagram.jpg

Kam Chancellor slander... smh

Show some respect, you Carolinian heathens

That's not at all slander. The man has missed 7 tackles in two games. Ask the Seahawks fans, they know what's up.

But we get to play the Seahawks (AGAIN) this year, so we'll settle on the field. And we'll play them again in the NFCCG. Cam will get revenge for 2005 and slay the Twelfth Man! Madden told me so!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh, I'm sure the Lions would cut Calvin Johnson if the tables were turned. I think Peterson should be suspended but lets not act like every NFL team wouldn't do exactly the same thing with a star player, because that's pretty much what it boils down to is how good the player is.

As a Lions fan, if this came out about Calvin Johnson I'd be the first one to tell you they need to cut him.

Sorry--this is a game. That's all it is. I know that's why they did it--because he's a star and they got crushed yesterday. But it's a freaking game.

eznark

Banned

I would hope they would. Ravens cut Ray Rice, hopefully that is a start.

As a Lions fan, if this came out about Calvin Johnson I'd be the first one to tell you they need to cut him.

Sorry--this is a game. That's all it is.

I'm not asking what you would do, I agree Peterson needs to be suspended. I highly doubt the Lions organization would do that is what I am getting at.

You better jump off the bandwagon. VT pulled a Dolphins this weekend and lost badly in an upset.

I hope we lose enough for a QB. I'm up for Mariota or Jameis, personally.

After thinking about it and reading some break downs of the game (Still waiting for the full break down), I'm less upset then I was because we just don't match up well at all in any phase against the bills, but my statements regarding Tannehilll still stand, his accuracy has gotten worse and I'm sick of waiting for his deep balls to improve and philbin is still a terrible coach that can't prepare this team week to week. Lets ride it out for the next 14 games but I think it's going to be time to clean house again this off season :(

Bowser

Marc Sessler ‏@MarcSesslerNFL 2m
Saints are 0-2 after leading both games inside of 10 seconds to play.

Has this ever happened before?

eznark

Banned
Yeah. I jumped off yesterday.

I'm just trying to protect you! I am teetering on the brink of the shame circle and I could fall in at any moment. Stay far, far away!

Hop back on. Pro Football Focus says he is the second best quarterback in football!

Let's not pretend that the Ray Rice incident isn't a special case. Him being cut is more due to a graphic video of him beating his wife.
There is graphic evidence of Adrian Peterson beating a 4 year old bloody, doesn't seem to move your needle though.

eznark

Banned
Top five NFL Quarterbacks according to Pro Football Focus

Matt Ryan
Ryan Tannehill
Fraudgers
Kaep (yes, this includes last night!)
Fitzmagic

What am I reading?

A true post. A person can heal from a punch, none of those dogs that Vick brutally murdered are ever coming back. I would save a persons life over an animals, but to chose stopping a person from getting a bruise over so much animal pain and suffering seems nuts to me.

dionysus

Yaldog
Marc Sessler ‏@MarcSesslerNFL 2m
Saints are 0-2 after leading both games inside of 10 seconds to play.

Has this ever happened before?

Probably hasn't happened since the last time the Saints did this. Pretty normal for the Saints to win or lose in the last seconds of a game.

One complaint I have always had with that team is we never put a team away in the second half. Never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom