• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top five NFL Quarterbacks according to Pro Football Focus

Matt Ryan
Ryan Tannehill
Fraudgers
Kaep (yes, this includes last night!)
Fitzmagic

Wow at that list. Kaep was absolutely terrible last night and Ryan sucked yesterday as well. Maybe Foles will turn the ball over 3 times tonight and get on that list.

dmczaf ‏@dmczaf 1m
Buccaneers are 0-2 after starting both games with Josh McCown as their quarterback.

image.php

eznark

Banned
Wow at that list. Kaep was absolutely terrible last night and Ryan sucked yesterday as well. Maybe Foles will turn the ball over 3 times tonight and get on that list.

Rodgers was awful for 5.5 quarters of the 8 he has played. Tannehill is trash. Kaepernick singlehandedly lost that game last night.

PFF really shouldn't publish these til like week 6 if at all. These are garbage. I guess that's what $25/year will get you.

Bowser

Bxh502BCcAAtxO4.jpg:large

Its the beard!

thatsmyqb.gif

Im going to enjoy this. You just KNOW the other shoe will drop

Houston's schedule sets up really well for them. If they can have Fitzmagic manage the game efficiently and avoid turnovers, their defense will keep 'em in all the games.

I shied away from picking Houston winning the division over the Colts because of the QB situation, but that schedule is Charmin soft and if they can split with the Colts, they may just be able to steal the division.

MechDX

Houston's schedule sets up really well for them. If they can have Fitzmagic manage the game efficiently and avoid turnovers, their defense will keep 'em in all the games.

I shied away from picking Houston winning the division over the Colts because of the QB situation, but that schedule is Charmin soft and if they can split with the Colts, they may just be able to steal the division.

Been saying that the entire off season. Only really tough games are Colts x2, Eagles , Ravens and Bengals and all 3 of those are Texans homes games

Dragon

Banned
A true post. A person can heal from a punch, none of those dogs that Vick brutally murdered are ever coming back. I would save a persons life over an animals, but to chose stopping a person from getting a bruise over so much animal pain and suffering seems nuts to me.

Animals are not humans and having an equivalent empathy for both is not reasonable at all.

Abuse is not only just physical by the way, there is mental and emotional anguish as well.

Nick Foles remains a QB enigma

"I think he's legit," one AFC general manager said. "I like him. But, Chip Kelly has taken average quarterbacks and won with them before."

"He's got talent," said an NFC defensive coordinator whose team will face the Eagles later this season. "He's big. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes. But for as fast as they like to run, he doesn't always make the quickest decisions."

"I think he has a tendency not to see things clearly," Cosell said. "When he doesn't see things clearly, he holds the ball. Because he's not a quick-twitch athlete, he doesn't look good when he's in the pocket for longer periods of time. I think he ultimately needs the system to help him play.

"Do I think Nick Foles will ever be an Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers? No. Can he be a successful quarterback? Absolutely."

TheFatOne

EfJf7gx.png

Chandler Jones da goat

Urghh such a fucking waste of his talent last week against Miami. Same goes for Revis. I have to re watch, but I'm pretty sure Revis was lined up on the same side of the field for 90% of his snaps against Miami. Tried to use him like Sherman which is beyond stupid. Pats got lucky with a relatively easy schedule early. Can work out the kinks against weaker teams before the competition increases.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
Peterson discloses that he met with a psychologist: “There are other alternative ways of disciplining a child that may be more appropriate.”

Oh for realz? *lightbulb goes off*

:jnc at anyone thinking he really needed a psychologist to tell him that

Colasante

Best regular season records, last 16 games:
Panthers: 14-2
Broncos: 13-3
Seahawks: 12-4
49ers: 12-4
Bengals: 12-4

I have to be honest, I genuinely don't know how the Panthers have been doing what they're doing. I can't name a single member of their secondary. I assumed Greg Hardy was the Jenga piece holding them together but they didn't miss a beat without him. Is it Kuechly? Lotulelei and Short? Did Ron Rivera literally sell his soul to the devil?

Even if I was in the corporal punishment camp, I can't see what a 4 year old could do to warrant tearing him up like that.

I have a 4 year old and the worst thing she does is ignore me when I tell her to do something or talk back. Both are quelled with a stern talking to or taking one of her prized posessions away.

I've decided from here on out that anytime Eli throws a pick, I'm going to beat him with a switch until he bleeds. I know there are more appropriate ways to discipline my quarterback but I can think of none more appropriate because I feel as though mind games ARE being played here!

eznark

Banned
Even if I was in the corporal punishment camp, I can't see what a 4 year old could do to warrant tearing him up like that.

I have a 4 year old and the worst thing she does is ignore me when I tell her to do something or talk back. Both are quelled with a stern alking to or taking one of her prized posessions away.

Yeah but you are probably not an insecure, lunatic mental midget.

Jeezuss. The fact that the mom had to say, "he's not playing mind games with you"

I'm interested to hear why she thinks her son is afraid of him. I'm guessing we won't hear that this is an isolated incident.

Fox318

I've decided from here on out that anytime Eli throws a pick, I'm going to beat him with a switch until he bleeds. I know there are more appropriate ways to discipline my quarterback but I can think of none more appropriate because I feel as though mind games ARE being played here!

1duzhqw.jpg

Bowser

I have to be honest, I genuinely don't know how the Panthers have been doing what they're doing. I can't name a single member of their secondary. I assumed Greg Hardy was the Jenga piece holding them together but they didn't miss a beat without him. Is it Kuechly? Lotulelei and Short? Did Ron Rivera literally sell his soul to the devil?

BTW - those two losses were to @ ARI (where Donald LaFell dropped a 4th and 1 in the bread basket and Steve Smith dropped an open TD pass) and @ NO in primetime (where they're basically unbeatable).

As for how, it's a combination of many things. The Panthers were always competitive, but couldn't get the job done in the clutch, whether that was on the defense (2011) or the offense (2012) - 2-14 in games decided by 7 points or less to start Rivera's career. Then the flip switched on, Rivera got more aggressive on both offense and defense (going for 4th downs and less vanilla/prevent coverages with the lead), and we've since gone 6-0 in games decided by a TD or less.

In terms of the defense, an underrated aspect is just how good Kuechly and Davis are in coverage. It helps alleviate some of the pressure on the secondary.

outlander-starz-Sam-Heughan-as-Jamie-Fraser-and-Tobias-Menzies-as-Black-Jack-Randall-01-550x366.jpg

Milchjon

It's crazy how little Eli looks like someone who's been in the spotlight forever, has won two SBs and is worth millions and millions.

Why is he so awkward still?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom