• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Can Lovie Smith get fired after one season?

They have had OL issues that they have thrown money at for a few years and still haven't fixed. Lovie also just doesn't have the people he wants for his defense yet. They just can't rush the passer, and w/o McCoy, they won't be stopping the run. They have some good players, but lots of holes and no depth

For real. A lot of people think hurting dogs like that is exactly like hurting kids.

I don't get it either (equating dogs to children) but thats how a lot of people feel about their pets.

No one is equating dogs to children. What Vick did is much worse then Ray punching his wife.

xnipx

Only the Ravens and Patriots had murderers on their teams.

And the only person not being honest is you. Every fucking NFL team has guys on PEDs and domestic violence has been rampant in the NFL for as long as I have followed it (early 80s). Ray Rice just got caught in a public place. Players have been beating their wives in the NFL for a long time. Most of the time they got put on probation, the team would release a statement about how it was a horrible mistake and the player learned from it, and they were back on the field a week later.

Marvin Harrison probably killed Someone. And I'm sure Jamal lewis was involved in a few murders being a drug kingpin and all. But I was joking. The whole league sucks. The sooner we realize nfl players commit crimes at the same rate as normal citizens and accept the punishments given by our legal system the better. At least having a standard for personal conduct off the field and sticking to it would be a good start.

Nothing pisses me off more than people acting like ray was the first person to put hands on a woman in the nfl and he deserves to lose his career to send a message.
queue Dragon saying i support DV and he's tired of seeing me defend ray rice

eznark

Banned
Killing dogs worse than wifebeaters?

facepalm.gif

Spinluck

For real. A lot of people think hurting dogs like that is exactly like hurting kids.

I don't get it either (equating dogs to children) but thats how a lot of people feel about their pets.

There was a guy on here who said he'd save his dog before another person he didn't know (or something to that extent).

I like dogs too but come on lol.

Mrbob

I never played Diablo 3 with anyone else. Does it make it better? I noticed that at higher difficulty levels it takes way too long to kill things for my liking.
Game is better multi but solo mode is fun too. There is an apprentice mode that will scale your character level temporarily if playing with a friend of higher level, while giving you loot to your level. Difficulty is what you make of it. There are incentives to going up the difficulty curve and you will eventually find gear to make things easier. Once you hit the level 70 cap you can start earning paragon points which are account wide character boosts. End game adventure mode with rifting should keep you playing for awhile.

I personally feel the game plays better on a controller.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Did Ray Rice beat his wife on a regular basis? Or was it just a one time argument where he got way out of line?

Game is better multi but solo mode is fun too. There is an apprentice mode that will scale your character level temporarily if playing with a friend of higher level, while giving you loot to your level. Difficulty is what you make of it. There are incentives to going up the difficulty curve and you will eventually find gear to make things easier. Once you hit the level 70 cap you can start earning paragon points which are account wide character boosts. End game adventure mode with rifting should keep you playing for awhile.

I personally feel the game plays better on a controller.

Yeah I hit the level cap and it was time to jump up a level of difficulty but you're basically stuck farming legendaries forever at the rate of X number per hour solo. I imagine legendary farming is faster in a group.

Also, FYI ez's perspective on animals and property rights should be well known here already!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
That's false. You can have an unbalanced line without it being an illegal formation.

I'm going to assume that everyone knew Watt was on the field and that the idiot just bit on the running back coming out of the backfield because he is a Raider and therefore sucks.

I cannot believe everyone on the field missed that announcement twice. Maybe I expect too much from people. Apparently the Texans radio team is a bunch of retards so it's possible.

I don't why you have such a hard on to argue about it.

I said the radio guys, meaning the guys on today, that watched it on TV like the rest of us. The guys that called the game had the call immediately and knew it was him.

I find it hard to believe JJ ran out there, didn't report, not once, but twice and the refs failed to call it both times. All I was saying was that it wasn't announced on the TV broadcast, that could mean anything from the CBS team failed to pick up the audio, the refs mic was broken, or the refs simply failed to announce it.
It was second down, it didn't exactly change the game. They could have easily thrown the flag as soon as he caught the ball and saw his number, so the likeliest conclusion is the refs knew he had reported as eligible.

I didn't even know he was in on the run play before his catch until I watched the highlights on the news later that night.

I'm fine with advancing to the regular season, I only really needed one game to get a feel for my team.

Advanced to the regular season, not only was McFadden out with a broken collarbone but DeMarco Murray has dislocated his ankle and Aaron Donald is out with a dislocated knee.

So I'm going into the season with Terrelle Pryor, a #1 receiver who is rated 64 OVR or something silly and my a 3rd string running back.

Do you wanna be commissioner because I'm quitting Madden forever?

Crisco

Banned
Let's not forget that Vick didn't go to jail just for fighting dogs. He was running an organized crime ring with illegal gambling and all. On the grand scheme of things, he contributed more bad to society than one punch to the face. Vick deserved what he got.

eznark

Banned
I mean, that assumes you think dog fighting is some evil thing or allow the law to be your moral compass. Personally I believe neither. The only way "society" was hurt is that the legal entities involved didn't get their cut of the financial transactions. Can't have that!

I don't why you have such a hard on to argue about it.

I said the radio guys, meaning the guys on today, that watched it on TV like the rest of us. The guys that called the game had the call immediately and knew it was him.

I find it hard to believe JJ ran out there, didn't report, not once, but twice and the refs failed to call it both times. All I was saying was that it wasn't announced on the TV broadcast, that could mean anything from the CBS team failed to pick up the audio, the refs mic was broken, or the refs simply failed to announce it.
It was second down, it didn't exactly change the game. They could have easily thrown the flag as soon as he caught the ball and saw his number, so the likeliest conclusion is the refs knew he had reported as eligible.

I didn't even know he was in on the run play before his catch until I watched the highlights on the news later that night.

Well, you made a definitive "they didn't" statement, which is kind of a big deal since the NFL is going to be replaying that touchdown all year. It'd be amusing to me of it was yet another reffing fuckup.

The entire Panthers defense has missed 5 tackles over the first 2 weeks.

Kam Chancellor by himself missed 7 tackles over the first 2 weeks.

inb4 JedidiahTruckingKuechly.gif

dionysus

Yaldog
Well, you made a definitive "they didn't" statement, which is kind of a big deal since the NFL is going to be replaying that touchdown all year. It'd be amusing to me of it was yet another reffing fuckup.

If it was a reffing fuckup and the Raiders played it smart and intentionally didn't cover him wouldn't it have been a huge deal with players and coaches screaming at the refs to the point of ejection. Did that happen?

If it didn't happen I think Occam's Razor is that the Raiders just suck.

MechDX

If it was a reffing fuckup and the Raiders played it smart and intentionally didn't cover him wouldn't it have been a huge deal with players and coaches screaming at the refs to the point of ejection. Did that happen?

If it didn't happen I think Occam's Razor is that the Raiders just suck.

He did check in and was announced. You can hear it clearly on the radio broadcast

Bowser

The entire Panthers defense has missed 5 tackles over the first 2 weeks.

Kam Chancellor by himself missed 7 tackles over the first 2 weeks.

inb4 JedidiahTruckingKuechly.gif

The vaunted Seahawks secondary gave up 30 points to Rivers and Old Man Gates.

The no-name Panthers secondary held Stafford, Megatron, Tate, Bush and Ebron to 7 points.

#legionofwhom

xnipx

Did Ray Rice beat his wife on a regular basis? Or was it just a one time argument where he got way out of line?
According to friends, family, and Janay that was the first and only time it ever happened. But let the DV experts online and in the media tell it he was a serial abuser who deserves to be put out of the league and his jersey burned(including those while being worn by his fans)

eznark

Banned
According to friends, family, and Janay that was the first and only time it ever happened. But let the DV experts online and in the media tell it he was a serial abuser who deserves to be put out of the league and his jersey burned(including those while being worn by his fans)

I'm no domestic violence expert but it seems to be that one time is plenty to do the eject from league and burn jersey thing.

On that Watt TD it was just blown coverage by Sio Moore. It's possible Burris didn't relay the info to him, but who knows. Just stupid.

Then later in the 4th quarter, no one on the O-line blocked him and he got a free shot at Carr. (I think it was Carr, actually who made the line call, but still, just stupid.)

Two weeks in and I already feel like the Lions' season is done.

Stafford looks like shit. Our secondary is decimated by injuries. We have no kicker. Everything kind of sucks.

Bread

Banned
Advanced to the regular season, not only was McFadden out with a broken collarbone but DeMarco Murray has dislocated his ankle and Aaron Donald is out with a dislocated knee.

So I'm going into the season with Terrelle Pryor, a #1 receiver who is rated 64 OVR or something silly and my a 3rd string running back.

Do you wanna be commissioner because I'm quitting Madden forever?
the raiders have eli manning as a backup, go trade for him lol

eznark

Banned
Dolphins suspended Richie Incognito for four games.

The NFL has yet to do anything.

Hide behind the league, Panthes/49ers/Vikings.

rando14

The no-name Panthers secondary held Stafford, Megatron, Tate, Bush and Ebron to 7 points.

#legionofwhom

I like how much attention you keep giving our defense :')

You like us, you really like us!!

xnipx

I'm no domestic violence expert but it seems to be that one time is plenty to do the eject from league and burn jersey thing.

That's fine. And if the nflpa accepts a zero tolerance policy then that is what it will be and I have no problem with that. But arbitrary knee jerk punishments are ass cheeks.

Bowser

Dolphins suspended Richie Incognito for four games.

The NFL has yet to do anything.

Hide behind the league, Panthes/49ers/Vikings.

Meh, completely different situations. Incognito's didn't involve any laws, it was purely an internal team matter.

Hardy's case is still pending appeal in front of jury, only because of NC's awkward two-step legal process. McDonald hasn't even been charged with a crime yet. I can see suspending both Hardy and Peterson for conduct detrimental, but whether or not anyone likes to admit it, due process is a real thing, and it does exist, and just because you're famous and/or a football player doesn't mean you're "hiding" behind it.

On Hardy:

It’s become popular in the media to assume that Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy already has had his day in court on domestic violence charges. In one way, he has. But he really hasn’t.

North Carolina procedure calls for an initial trial before a judge, which precedes the trial before a jury. The true day in court comes when the trial occurs before a jury.

To illustrate the relative lack of significance of the trial before the judge, the court doesn’t even generate a transcript of the trial before the judge.

So to say (as most have) that Hardy was convicted and is appealing the conviction isn’t accurate. Hardy hasn’t been convicted. He has been found guilty via a preliminary process that essentially serves as a filter for deciding the cases that are decided by a jury.

cdyhybrid

#legionofwhom

Bragging about beating the Lions.

This is the current state of affairs in Panthers-Age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom