• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisco

Banned
And everyone who owns an LG G3 will continue saying "what's the big deal?". Seriously folks, this is the best smartphone ever made. I can't imagine what anyone waiting to buy a new phone is doing.

Spinluck

I do have to say, Chan is as bigoted through voice chat as he is on here. Sad.

Also, I'd like to play with bionic if only to say Michael Jordan every ten seconds!

Last night I was in a party with friends and Chan joined then left. We don't bite Chan, I promise!

Better not to have him.

Troy was a disaster week 1. He missed multiple tackles in the open field. Don't remember him making a single play.

Best to remember them when they were good!

It's a disaster in Baltimore. Time to pay Ray Lewis whatever he wants to come back and be a leadership coach or spiritual guidance counselor.

cajunator

Banned
I went to a phone store today to see what a 5.5 inch phone actually looks like.

Fuck that shit.

I'm going with the regular 6. Time to retire my 4s.

5.5 inch screen is the very upper threshold. 4.7 is probably the best overall.
the Galaxy S5 is right around the size of phone I would get.

bionic77

And everyone who owns an LG G3 will continue saying "what's the big deal?". Seriously folks, this is the best smartphone ever made. I can't imagine what anyone waiting to buy a new phone is doing.
The best at what?

I bet it can't do anything that a Nexus from last year or a iPhone 5S can't do.

bionic77

It's a disaster in Baltimore. Time to pay Ray Lewis whatever he wants to come back and be a leadership coach or spiritual guidance counselor.
Leadership only works is you have talent.

You could have Tim Tebow and Bill Clinton giving inspirational speeches all week but that is not going to make a slow man fast.

zychi

Banned
I use my phone for like 4 things. Internet, twitter, texts and calls.

I just want the newest tech in a small machine

Bowser

This may come as a shock, but just like not everyone is an Apple/iOS fan, not everyone is an Android fan either.

Also, like I said, 5.5in display = no bueno.

Tom Penny

I've been looking at that one. Probably won't even run me a hundo so it's going to be hard to resist.

Spinluck

The best at what?

Pretty much. These companies are getting lazy when it comes to ideas. The only place I see Google improving this year is software. Everyone is hitting a wall hardware wise.

I think 5 inches is the best size for a phone

I think 4.7" is the perfect size personally. 5" is fine to as long as the form factor is great. Anything beyond is pushing it, but as long as I'm comfortable with it I'm fine.

Crisco

Banned
The best at what?

For me it's the 5.5" screen in this form factor. It really does feel like a much smaller phone in your hand, while having a larger screen than the original Galaxy Note. Besides that, it has no real flaws, and no compromises. People will point out lack of an IP rating, but I'd wager it's just as durable as the S5, people have already done tests submerging it in water for hours with no ill effects. All this with a removable battery.

ShaneB

When is the last time you played it. For the first six month of early access it was hot fucking trash. Even up to three months ago it wasn't very good. At release it's amazing.

You're right. It's a far more realistic and less forgiving swing mechanic. HSG is an arcade game though, so I don't really get the comparison.

I played it during early access/beta/whatever you want to call it, and barely touched it, and then again after it "launched" just to see the changes. And the performance was better, but the fundamentals still felt flawed to me. Like I said, I'm not a fan of the analog swing, and the putting felt completely messy.

HSG for it's cartoony exterior has an incredible golf engine.

I use my phone for like 4 things. Internet, twitter, texts and calls.

I just want the newest tech in a small machine

I'm still new to the smart phone scene I suppose only since last Christmas, but I'm realizing the same about myself. I'm not a fan of things getting bigger, gimme a tiny phone. Even my Nexus 5 felt huge when I first got it.

How do you even carry it around

That's easy.

Try the 6.3 inch HTC One Max

htc-one-max-7.jpg

Bowser

Honestly, what's the point of phablets? Is it the desire to just have one device? I mean, why not just get a 4.7in/5in phone and then a tablet (or just the phone)? I can't imagine trying to stick a phone 5.5in or bigger inside a jean pocket.

LevelNth

Banned
any other niners fans shocked/surprised by how much playing time aaron lynch got? i didn't realize how involved he was until i'm reading through the game summary on webzone.

that's a pretty good day for a 5th round pick that people called a reach and might not even make the team
Just like how Lemonier quietly was one of the most effective pass rushers last season, I think Lynch is primed to do big things. Baalke's biggest drafting strength is defensive players, and he's been hitting it on the mark lately with these last two drafts.

bionic77

Honestly, what's the point of phablets? Is it the desire to just have one device? I mean, why not just get a 4.7in/5in phone and then a tablet (or just the phone)? I can't imagine trying to stick a phone 5.5in or bigger inside a jean pocket.
There are a lot of people who do everything on their phone. For them the added benefit of a inbetween device is really useful. Enough that they don't mind the extra size.

Syrinx

It burns me deep inside to agree with a Panthers fan, but yeah I quite like mine.

zychi

Banned

Most dudes I know who have the big ones, own the giant monster diesel trucks and need to act tough. To potentially compensate for the lack of something else.

Most women I know who have them have giant purses/bad eyes(which makes no sense because you can make things bigger on all phones).

Whoever invents the cell phone watch that lets me do what the iwatch does, but without a phone in my pocket, will get my money. Basically put an antennae in the iwatch.

I want to be able to push a button like a Power Ranger, and itll have Siri/Google Voice do most of the work for me. If I want to manually text someone, let me use my iPad or a program on my computer.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Because carrying two devices in the field is basically impossible for me. Seriously considering a Note for myself. Get man sized pants, bruh, you ain't gata.

Max Henson ‏@PanthersMax 7m
Cam Newton just jogged onto the practice field with a big smile. Wearing full pads and helmet in hand.

Riverboat is not Belichicking anymore.

HawkeyeIC

Just like how Lemonier quietly was one of the most effective pass rushers last season, I think Lynch is primed to do big things. Baalke's biggest drafting strength is defensive players, and he's been hitting it on the mark lately with these last two drafts.

It's just been one game, but with how Lynch played (and conversely Lemonier's lack of production), look for Lynch to get more and more snaps.

Vyroxis

Banned
Don't talk like this. VikeBike is going 2-0!

Vikings better go 2-0!

While I am not saying the Vikings will lose to the Patriots, I am saying they could. The Rams had a third string QB out trying to make pretend he wasn't scared shitless, and their defense wasn't at all prepared. The Patriots, while having problems of their own, are a far better team. It should be a good game, regardless.

I'm thinking a Niners choke is possible because Kap hasn't screwed over Green Bay enough in his career.

This is true, he really does hate the Packers it seems.

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 10m
Have not seen Panthers DE Greg Hardy yet and practice about to start.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 5m
No sign of Greg Hardy at practice.

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 5m
I have not seen Greg Hardy at practice. Unsure of the reason

There's a large black man, potentially deranged, missing in the Charlotte metropolitan area. If you see this man, please return him to the Panthers training facility.

Crisco

Banned
Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 10m
Have not seen Panthers DE Greg Hardy yet and practice about to start.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 5m
No sign of Greg Hardy at practice.

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 5m
I have not seen Greg Hardy at practice. Unsure of the reason

There's a large black man, potentially deranged, missing in the Charlotte metropolitan area. If you see this man, please return him to the Panthers training facility.

Whoa, could be nothing, but the timing makes you wonder.

bionic77

Suggs' awesome new shirt for Thursday's game:

SyXxNPj.jpg
He was basically hinting at illegal hits too...

They never let my boy Harrison get away with that! Suggs better get lit up with penalties or else I can officially declare that Roger Goodell is nothing but a bitch ass bitch (so much I had to say it twice).

eznark

Banned
I played it during early access/beta/whatever you want to call it, and barely touched it, and then again after it "launched" just to see the changes. And the performance was better, but the fundamentals still felt flawed to me. Like I said, I'm not a fan of the analog swing, and the putting felt completely messy.

HSG for it's cartoony exterior has an incredible golf engine.

I'm still new to the smart phone scene I suppose only since last Christmas, but I'm realizing the same about myself. I'm not a fan of things getting bigger, gimme a tiny phone. Even my Nexus 5 felt huge when I first got it.

3 button golf and the analog swing are basically incomprehensible. Hot Shots is fun because it's so dead easy and the courses are amazing.

I made the comparison in the OT but The Golf Club is basically Skate. It's trying to be way more simulation. I love it.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 2m
Told nothing going on with Greg Hardy, but still not here. Will update after practice. #Panthers

So yeah, he's just not there. Considering there were calls in the CLT Observer yesterday to RR him and kick him off the team (even though their situations aren't comparable), the Panthers may have told him to lay low for a bit and let some of the heat die down.

Corey Hilliard, who played most of Monday night’s season-opening win against the New York Giants at right tackle in place of starter LaAdrian Waddle, suffered a Lisfranc injury and torn ligaments in his right foot that are expected to sideline him for the rest of the season.

On Tuesday, the Lions placed nickel cornerback Bill Bentley on season-ending injured reserve with a torn ACL.

Offensive lineman Garrett Reynolds, who was one of the Lions’ final cuts in training camp, re-signed with the team today, and the Lions are still expected to make a move in their secondary before Sunday’s game against the Carolina Panthers (1 p.m., Fox).
http://www.freep.com/article/20140910/SPORTS01/309100106/corey-hilliard-injury-detroit-lions

wow....

If Waddle goes down we'll be starting a guy we cut to be our RT - and if that doesn't work we'll have to start an UDFA (Cornelius Lucas). Injuries..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom