• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Know what game is great and lives up to it's
nonexistent
hype?

The Golf Club

Meh. I was excited as hell to learn about it, and bought it right when it launched as 'early access'. It never hooked me. I'm not a big fan of analog swing mechanics, and the putting is a complete mess. No idea if that's been addressed in either case.

it's not optimized on consoles either, but it's a damn good game of golf, so I don't care

can't wait for HSG though!

HSG is king!

He's going to eat up the Lions' secondary. Man...my draft hopes were for us to trade down and acquire another second round draft pick. CB in first round, Benjamin in second alongside another defensive player in the second. I remember initially it looked like he could be a second round draft pick but that changed pretty quickly.

Had he not gone to Carolina he almost definitely wouldn't have gone in the first.

bionic77

Last night, I got all the way to the Character creation screen in Destiny and had to bail. I plan to actually play tonight. How long am I gonna have to put in before I can get to multiplayer?
:lol

This sounds like a typical bionic play session these days.

Also Dragon I am a very bad loser. I don't take it well! Then again I don't know if that translates to online. Seeing some stupid drooling mouth breather (this is usually one of my good friends or relatives but that's how I see you in the heat of the moment) next to me taking pleasure in beating me is too much for me. I don't think it is the same online...

I would get owned. I suck at games these days. I would not appreciate hearing Pats fans telling me of the virtues of Tammy Brady or Michael Jordan while being tea bagged every 10 seconds and having a negative kill ratio.

My pal has twins who are 2 years older than mind but he had seemingly endless free time because he pulls an eznark and never spends time with his family. Dude is always up for everything. And he is busy at work too.

Bionic, I felt the same way since I play so infrequently and have never been great at shooters, but most of them are really, really bad anyway.

Honestly, how are you all so bad when you don't have kids and have unlimited gaming time?

Meh. I was excited as hell to learn about it, and bought it right when it launched as 'early access'. It never hooked me. I'm not a big fan of analog swing mechanics, and the putting is a complete mess. No idea if that's been addressed in either case.

Compared to the Early Access, it's a million times more polished.

But the swing and putting mechanics are still the same, so chances are if you didn't like them then, you're not going to like them now.

I keep debating getting Destiny. I need to beat the Left Behind DLC and I'll probably get it, but I wanted to take a gaming hiatus to work on some personal projects. The siren song of gaming is getting to me.

Zeke

So Ryan leaf just got sentenced to five years in prison for violating probation. The twist he won't serve any time because of time served in Montana so he'll get parole instead.

Crisco

Banned
Had he not gone to Carolina he almost definitely wouldn't have gone in the first.

Yeah, his combine numbers completely killed his stock. It wasn't just his 40 time, all his "athleticism" measures were among the worst at his position. It's stupid though, you can't compare a 6'5" 240 guy to a bunch of midgets who weigh 190 soaking wet. Not everyone is a total freak like Johnson. Benjamin is physically closer to a tight end than a WR.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
@MikeCairns5: Ed Werder reporting on ESPN that NFL players have agreed on raising testing threshold for pot which would immediately bring 20players back

IaLG69W.gif

I'll probably hold off on the new iPhone.

It doesn't do much for me. I run with my phone for music so I have no interest in holding a giant Stafford-sized candy bar while I do so.

zychi

Banned

It doesn't do much for me. I run with my phone for music so I have no interest in holding a giant Stafford-sized candy bar while I do so.

I'm still happy with my 5. It's the perfect size for me, I might have to replace the battery soon tho. I've had ios 8 for about 2 weeks now, and I don't really want any of the "new" things they added.

I want the new iPad Air so bad tho, they haven't even announced it.

ShaneB

Compared to the Early Access, it's a million times more polished.

But the swing and putting mechanics are still the same, so chances are if you didn't like them then, you're not going to like them now.

Oh it's much more polished yeah, and runs a little better on my measly laptop, but yeah, the fundamentals of the game just aren't on par with HSG in my opinion. Like I said, I am much more fond of the tried and true 3 button swing system, and the putting in Golf Club seemed completely obtuse.

Bowser

I'm still happy with my 5. It's the perfect size for me, I might have to replace the battery soon tho. I've had ios 8 for about 2 weeks now, and I don't really want any of the "new" things they added.

When did you get the 5? Did you check to see if you were eligible for the battery replacement program? I was and got my battery replaced two weeks and it's great. Whereas before my phone was dead by 2pm, now it lasts to the end of the day.

https://ssl.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/

Getting the 6 so I'll likely put my 5 up on eBay, hopefully get ~$200 to defray the upgrade costs

Farooq

Banned
any other niners fans shocked/surprised by how much playing time aaron lynch got? i didn't realize how involved he was until i'm reading through the game summary on webzone.

Patrick-Willis-INT_-Aaron-Lynch-Pressure-01.0.0.gif

Aaron-Lynch-Tip-01.0.0.gif

Justin-Smith-Sack-02.0.0.gif

that's a pretty good day for a 5th round pick that people called a reach and might not even make the team

Semi-related to your post, I cannot understand why Romo looked away from Harris (first gif). He was WIDE OPEN. I can't make sense of it.

BxBB6U8IYAAgXrQ.png

cajunator

Banned

Im not sure what my next phone will be but Im 100% sure it wont be an Iphone.

eznark

Banned

HSG is king!

When is the last time you played it. For the first six month of early access it was hot fucking trash. Even up to three months ago it wasn't very good. At release it's amazing.

the fundamentals of the game just aren't on par with HSG in my opinion
You're right. It's a far more realistic and less forgiving swing mechanic. HSG is an arcade game though, so I don't really get the comparison.

I'm not due for an upgrade for another year (so 6S, I guess?) but I think 4.7 inch screen is like the sweet spot for me.

zychi

Banned
When did you get the 5? Did you check to see if you were eligible for the battery replacement program? I was and got my battery replaced two weeks and it's great. Whereas before my phone was dead by 2pm, now it lasts to the end of the day.

https://ssl.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/

Getting the 6 so I'll likely put my 5 up on eBay, hopefully get ~$200 to defray the upgrade costs

Thanks for the info. I already checked that when the news broke. I'm not eligible, I got it two months after release, so I just missed it. I don't have the terrible problem, and I'm usually near an outlet, (couch, computer, work computer) but I want to fix the battery(I'll do it myself cuz I like playing with tech) eventually.

The 6+ is the flagship and it's just too big for me. I like small phones. I wanted the iwatch to just be a phone in watch form. The Galaxy edge is the android phone I want, but it's got two year old tech in it. So I'm gonna just wait for hte 6s and hopefully the smaller version isn't as gimped.

My main issue is that all of these new features require data, and I'm not paying a shit load of money for data. I'm out of Verizon come Nov 1st, so maybe I'll jump into a 6+ when I switch to TMobile

How can people even be excited about other phones with the Z3 coming.

I'm waiting for reviews of this too. I'm not some Apple cult member, but I do prefer IOS and OSX.

My home PC is Windows, I love OSX too. I prefer IOS over Android, but have no issue theming IOS on android if I get a phone I want.

All my music is in the cloud with Google Play free version, so I'm not tied down to one device.

bionic77

I am going to check it out in the store next week but I think I am getting the 6 and giving my wife the 5S. The plus is just too big.

We will keep her 5 as a backup.

Well officially committed to building a PC. Bought a Cosmos 2 case, gigabit ga-g1 sniper z97 motherboard, gigabit 780 gcu so far just trying to figure out what power supply I need for it.

Bowser

The 6+ is the flagship and it's just too big for me. I like small phones. I wanted the iwatch to just be a phone in watch form. The Galaxy edge is the android phone I want, but it's got two year old tech in it. So I'm gonna just wait for hte 6s and hopefully the smaller version isn't as gimped.

I am going to check it out in the store next week but I think I am getting the 6 and giving my wife the 5S. The plus is just too big.

We will keep her 5 as a backup.

Yeah I'm going with the 6 as well, not the 6+. While the 1080p screen would be nice to have, most impressions so far say it's pretty hard to notice a difference in the screens:

Engadget said:
With it being a brief hands-on, I wasn't able to notice a large enough difference between the two; both looked sharp, clean and had great viewing angles. I'll be able to go into more detail when review units grace my desk, but for now, I'm satisfied enough with the visual quality, and I doubt the difference in pixel density will be a critical factor when choosing between the two sizes.

It'd be nice to have OIS in the smaller handset, but that's not worth the $100 price premium. Also, I have Alex Smith level small hands, so I can't even contemplate using a 5.5in phone lol.

zychi

Banned
Well officially committed to building a PC. Bought a Cosmos 2 case, gigabit ga-g1 sniper z97 motherboard, gigabit 780 gcu so far just trying to figure out what power supply I need for it.

Addaboy! If you need some help, feel free to PM me. Just did my new one mine end of July

My little brother has this phone:
http://oneplus.net/

Apparently it is invite only or something. Its not bad at all though.
Im undecided which phone to get next at this point. My S4 holds up well.

I was going to get one, ended up giving my invite to a buddy, and then I saw the size, too big for me :/

cajunator

Banned
I have legendary amounts of patience but not with phones which is why I no longer have an Iphone. Just cant deal with the frustrating design of it. It seems to work for a lot of people though. Apple just puts too many restrictions on the thing.

bionic77

I have legendary amounts of patience but not with phones which is why I no longer have an Iphone. Just cant deal with the frustrating design of it. It seems to work for a lot of people though. Apple just puts too many restrictions on the thing.
It's your money boss. Get what you like!

I have to say any Apple announcement drives the internet crazy. So many rabid haters and fanboys. I don't understand either. It's just a phone!

Man up and argue over something important. Like sports!

cajunator

Banned
Addaboy! If you need some help, feel free to PM me. Just did my new one mine end of July

I was going to get one, ended up giving my invite to a buddy, and then I saw the size, too big for me :/

I think my brother got the invite from a friend of his who ended up getting a Galaxy S5 instead. Im keeping my options open for now but I dont see a reason to upgrade my S4 unless I break it somehow.

From Espn update to my phone:

Ed Reed says Ravens lack leadership in locker room but reminded them that "I'm sitting right here"

I'm thinking we might be a two win team, with our first win being in Week 15, so why the fuck not?

Apple ballwashing has already started, I see

As for me, the 5 inch (+ completely ridiculous and unnecessary bezel) One M8 screen is my max. My next phone will probably be back in the 4.7-5 inch range.

I went to a phone store today to see what a 5.5 inch phone actually looks like.

Fuck that shit.

I'm going with the regular 6. Time to retire my 4s.

Spinluck

I would get owned. I suck at games these days. I would not appreciate hearing Pats fans telling me of the virtues of Tammy Brady or Michael Jordan while being tea bagged every 10 seconds and having a negative kill ratio.

My pal has twins who are 2 years older than mind but he had seemingly endless free time because he pulls an eznark and never spends time with his family. Dude is always up for everything. And he is busy at work too.

The fuck? Do people in Pennsylvania just casually pop out twins? Lol.

bionic77

From Espn update to my phone:

I'm thinking we might be a two win team, with our first win being in Week 15, so why the fuck not?
Better not to have him.

Troy was a disaster week 1. He missed multiple tackles in the open field. Don't remember him making a single play.

Best to remember them when they were good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom