• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You were giving people a hard time about being a 'casual' in this thread last night, and to turn around and not know the facts behind these two cases makes me question who the casual is.

Montana is the greatest post-season QB in terms of Superbowl wins. No doubt. There is more to the picture than that, in terms of selecting a the best QB of all time. JimDoes the post season play a part? Sure it does. It's not the end all be all though.

Meant to say individual, but the point is the same:

As far as the Broncos fine, here's the full story:

A bit different infraction than straight up trying to circumvent credibility of the game.

Lol your just mad that i don't share your opinion, does it hurt to know his legacy will hold up as a guaranteed top 3 all time? your being hypocritical in posting the "full story" maybe if you read the full story of spygate youd be shocked to find the pats were punished for taping signals whixh wasnt even illegal until 2007 when it was sent out in a memo. the whole "taped practice" was a sensationalist story created by the globe a sensationalist borderline tabloid newspaper. Im just passing along what has been said, and yes the broncos were fined nearly a million almost double the pats and a 3rd rounder, bill also missed no time. sean payton was also slapped with a harsher sentence taking a full year from him. So many coaches have come out to defend what Bill did, which is why in the end it won't affect Tom as much as gaf likes to pretend it will. it hasnt, the nfl constantly addresses the "dynasty" nd all of their achievements.

Godslay

Banned
Showmetheevidence.jpeg
I don't know why I remember all these posts, but here you go...

On Bountygate and I remember him calling for the death penalty:

Institutionalized felonious activity...there is literally no punishment the NFL could hand down that would match the crime short of a forced ownership change.

On NOLA:

Every city does that. Most manage to still look presentable. Your favorite city is a shithole that smells like rotting anus. There is nothing charming or special about it.

Couldn't find Katrina, but who didn't saw something about that back in the day.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You were giving people a hard time about being a 'casual' in this thread last night, and to turn around and not know the facts behind these two cases makes me question who the casual is.

Montana is the greatest post-season QB in terms of Superbowl wins. No doubt. There is more to the picture than that, in terms of selecting a the best QB of all time. JimDoes the post season play a part? Sure it does. It's not the end all be all though.

Meant to say individual, but the point is the same:

As far as the Broncos fine, here's the full story:

A bit different infraction than straight up trying to circumvent credibility of the game.

Lol your just mad that i don't share your opinion, does it hurt to know his legacy will hold up as a guaranteed top 3 all time? your being hypocritical in posting the "full story" maybe if you read the full story of spygate youd be shocked to find the pats were punished for taping signals whixh wasnt even illegal until 2007 when it was sent out in a memo. the whole "taped practice" was a sensationalist story created by the globe a sensationalist borderline tabloid newspaper. Im just passing along what has been said, and yes the broncos were fined nearly a million almost double the pats and a 3rd rounder, bill also missed no time. sean payton was also slapped with a harsher sentence taking a full year from him. So many coaches have come out to defend what Bill did, which is why in the end it won't affect Tom as much as gaf likes to pretend it will.

Cardinals Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch! Alright, after conquering the bye we now move on to taming the ponies! Let's go undefeated Cards, 4-0 baby! Which will become 6-0 because scrub ass Skins and Raiders up next. Worst case scenario, 5-1 looks pretty damn good too! One of a couple games I'm least confident in and not expecting to win but I definitely feel we can and will choose to believe we're taking this! Palmer not as far along as expected so might be hosed if we go Stanton again.. Heal Palmer's nerve, heal!

MIN @ GB

BUF @ DET
BAL @ IND
CLE @ TEN
CHI @ CAR
HOU @ DAL
PIT @ JAX
TB @ NO
ATL @ NYG
STL @ PHI

ARI @ DEN
KC @ SF
NYJ @ SD

CIN @ NE

SEA @ WAS

Fantomex

Man you really told me. I wish I was a real fan like you.

I liked you better when you were making Super Saiyan Videos.

black-super-saiyan-o.gif

Don't let them take away your fun bro.

I was doing the same research. You just can't argue with Pats fans.

Hey! We don't think Brady is shit, he's just not best of all time. Why is that not good enough?

:jnc pat fans are so defensive

Marino would have put up Favre numbers with these rules easily. Oh wait, he basically did anyway.

Peyton is the better QB but Tom is a first ballot HOFer. You don't have to give him credit. He is.

Let's put it this way: Peyton' brother is getting into the hall and he has mediocre numbers relative to the era.

BLarry is good people. Don't be a dick when he's dropping knowledge.

Never made the argument that Brady isn't a first ballot HOF, he absolutely is.

Godslay

Banned
Lol your just mad that i don't share your opinion, does it hurt to know his legacy will hold up as a guaranteed top 3 all time? your being hypocritical in posting the "full story" maybe if you read the full story of spygate youd be shocked to find the pats were punished for taping signals whixh wasnt even illegal until 2007 when it was sent out in a memo. the whole "taped practice" was a sensationalist story created by the globe a sensationalist borderline tabloid newspaper. Im just passing along what has been said, and yes the broncos were fined nearly a million almost double the pats and a 3rd rounder, bill also missed no time. sean payton was also slapped with a harsher sentence taking a full year from him. So many coaches have come out to defend what Bill did, which is why in the end it won't affect Tom as much as gaf likes to pretend it will. it hasnt, the nfl constantly addresses the "dynasty" nd all of their achievements.

I'm not mad, I guess in all honesty I don't really care what your opinion is. I don't know you from Dick down the street so I'm not going to lose any sleep over what opinion you carry. I've presented my facts and argument, and I think I have a sound argument.

Broncos were fined $950K. Won't deny that, but it didn't result in any competitive advantage. It was a business deal designed to pump cash back into a franchise that needed it to build their new stadium. When the NFL determined it was against the rules, those people were subsequently fired. It wasn't set up to have a competitive advantage like the Pats scandal was. One was a bad business deal, the other was an attempt to undermine the credibility of the game. Hard to compare the two, but I'm sure it makes you feel better to know that the Broncos were fined. So be it.

I take no joy in the fact that the Patriots cheated the system like they did. In fact, I really wish they wouldn't have. Tom was a cool story up until that point. If anything guys starting from the bottom and rising to the top is great. Shannon Sharpe / Terrell Davis are the same way. Sad that he has a huge blemish on what otherwise is a great career, even while being in the shadow of Peyton.

Godslay

Banned
Cardinals Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch! Alright, after conquering the bye we now move on to taming the ponies! Let's go undefeated Cards, 4-0 baby! Which will become 6-0 because scrub ass Skins and Raiders up next. Worst case scenario, 5-1 looks pretty damn good too! One of a couple games I'm least confident in and not expecting to win but I definitely feel we can and will choose to believe we're taking this! Palmer not as far along as expected so might be hosed if we go Stanton again.. Heal Palmer's nerve, heal!

Let's do an avatar bet? One week, no furries or anime.

Slo

Personally, for an every day sipping whiskey, I like Makers 46. For a little better, I go with an Oban.

Await's eznark's $300/bottle recommendation.

Tom Penny

Personally, for an every day sipping whiskey, I like Makers 46. For a little better, I go with an Oban.

Oban is great. I find it hilarious that anyone would pay 150+ for Johnny Walker Blue..

MRSA

Banned

Not a fan of Makers 46, everyday whiskey is Bulliet or Buffalo Trace.

For when I'm feeling classier, I go Lagavulin.

Fantomex

Actually I have a copy, Fantomex if you want it send me a PM I'll ship it out for free.

Chris, you are a wonderful man.

Also, TAKEN 3 is coming out. And they got the point form part 2. We just want to see Liam Neesons killing people. So this time, hes taking on the LAPD, CIA, FBI and everybody else. Basically like THE FUGITIVE, but killin errbody. I'm so hyped.

Trailer

Konka

Banned
Baby,
you know that I miss you,
I wanna get wit you,
tonight but I can't but baby girl and thats the issue
Girl you know I miss you I just want to kiss you
But I can't right now,
So baby kiss me thru the phone

MRSA

Banned

Also, TAKEN 3 is coming out. And they got the point form part 2. We just want to see Liam Neesons killing people. So this time, hes taking on the LAPD, CIA, FBI and everybody else. Basically like THE FUGITIVE, but killin errbody. I'm so hyped.

Trailer

Hyped for TAK3N

You better play Valkyria Chronicles you degenerate

Patriots7

I take no joy in the fact that the Patriots cheated the system like they did. In fact, I really wish they wouldn't have. Tom was a cool story up until that point. If anything guys starting from the bottom and rising to the top is great. Shannon Sharpe / Terrell Davis are the same way. Sad that he has a huge blemish on what otherwise is a great career, even while being in the shadow of Peyton.
An excerpt from a Sports Illustrated article in 2002: “Our guy keeps a pair of binoculars on their signal-callers every game,” says Broncos coach Mike Shanahan. “With any luck, we have their defensive signals figured out by halftime. Sometimes, by the end of the first quarter.”
So Mike Shanahan admitted to stealing signals.
Under McDaniels, the Broncos were the most recent team to be fined for videotaping signals.

So...how many infractions and cheating of the system have the Broncos racked up?

Come on, now.

MRSA

Banned
Lagavulin+16.JPG

I think if Gata had a dram or two of this he would actually become a man........

.......no, it won't.

MRSA

Banned
There should be a konka alert system.

KONKA IS DRUNK
KONKA IS DRUNK
KONKA IS DRUNK
KONKA IS DRUNK
KONKA IS DRUNK

You have been warned.

Trailer

No worries, the game is sitting on my shelf doing nothing, might as well pass it along.

Lagavulin+16.JPG

I think if Gata had a dram or two of this he would actually become a man........

.......no, it won't.

You guys are making me thirsty

La, la, la, la
Wait till I get my money right

You make me wanna la la
in the kitchen on the floor
I'll be a french maid
Where I'll meet you at the door
I'm like an alley cat
Drink the milk up, I want more
You make me wanna
You make me wanna scream

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm not mad, I guess in all honesty I don't really care what your opinion is. I don't know you from Dick down the street so I'm not going to lose any sleep over what opinion you carry. I've presented my facts and argument, and I think I have a sound argument.

Broncos were fined $950K. Won't deny that, but it didn't result in any competitive advantage. It was a business deal designed to pump cash back into a franchise that needed it to build their new stadium. When the NFL determined it was against the rules, those people were subsequently fired. It wasn't set up to have a competitive advantage like the Pats scandal was. One was a bad business deal, the other was an attempt to undermine the credibility of the game. Hard to compare the two, but I'm sure it makes you feel better to know that the Broncos were fined. So be it.

Lol k believe what you will, the public? the coaches? the media who follow the game? none of them think it's a stain at all. you have a lot of hosility towards me lol, just a hobby sir, no reason to get so mad.

again too your view of what they did is "bad business deal", but i could easily spin it as people spin spygate or i could leave that to al davis who died believing they stole 2 superbowls and draft picks. Not saying i believe that, or that nobody has complained about spygate, just saying both cases hold water if you want to spin it that way.

Godslay

Banned
So Mike Shanahan admitted to stealing signals.
Under McDaniels, the Broncos were the most recent team to be fined for videotaping signals.

So...how many infractions and cheating of the system have the Broncos racked up?

Come on, now.

McDaniels was fired immediately after Yet, Belichick is still around. Now he's back on the mothership. Even with that said, McD denied any involvement, and in his defense was found not to be involved. A camera man acted solo (which I don't honestly believe, as I don't doubt McD was involved). Even so, the Broncos dumped his ass, and it's not hard to see that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Trying to figure out signal calls on the fly during a game is a bit different than videotaping them. League doesn't prevent you from trying to figure them out, it does prevent you from videotaping them though.

Konka

Banned
You guys really all need to try

Knappogue+Castle+16+year+twin+wood.JPG

Only you can't cause it's only sold here, let me know if you want some.

Top Bottom