• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Dan Salomone ‏@NYGsalomone 8m8 minutes ago
Coughlin says RB Rashad Jennings does have an MCL sprain. Coughlin will treat it day to day until told otherwise. #NYG

Thought is he'll miss the next two games. Too bad as Jennings has been quite good for us and is better out of the backfield catching passes than Williams.

Zeke

Wtf is going on with 9er fans? You guys need more cops at the stadium or what? First you get into it with cards fans and now you're beating on each other smh

Wtf is going on with 9er fans? You guys need more cops at the stadium or what? First you get into it with cards fans and now you're beating on each other smh

The Candlestick goons finally found a way out to the surburbs.

So much for just rich tech yuppies going to Niners games in Santa Clara

Farooq

Banned
Murray has rushed for at least 100 yards in each of his team’s first five games. The only other players to do that were Hall of Famers Jim Brown and O.J. Simpson.

Brown did it with the Browns for the first six games of the 1958 season, and Simpson did it with the Bills for the first five games of 1973 and 1975.

In the passing era of the NFL, I think this is a pretty good accomplishment for Murray and the offensive line.

A few plays worth highlighting from yesterday:

Check out the blitz pickup by Peyton Hillis (#33) on this. He's slower than shit running but...

ie4xoPLWB7XTS.gif

JPP (#90) swatting Jake Matthews aside on the way to Matt Ryan:

ibaCyyWXFuMqNf.gif

Andre Williams bringing physicality the Giants haven't had since Ahmad left. 3rd and 7 and he trucks his way to the first to help ice the game:

i4sb3a366QSjg.gif

cashman

Banned
Your daily JJ Watt is awesome moment:

tony-romo-escapes-jj-wat-on-td-pass-at.gif

The speed in which he got off the line made Tyron Smith look like a no talent ass clown.

cajunator

Banned

The speed in which he got off the line made Tyron Smith look like a no talent ass clown.

thats the kind of stuff Gallette is doing except justl ike romo did there the QB keeps escaping on the other side and makes the play anyway. Its aggravating.

Mike Holmgren confirms he met with the Raiders after the firing of coach Dennis Allen, but claims "no jobs were discussed."
OMG

Exactly how I feel, but I'll download it and try it out at the very least.
Dust looks cool too, and everyone seems to be talking good of the other game.

Edit: that Romo gif reminds me of a young JFF

Eagles To Wear All Black Sunday Night For First Time

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — According to Dave Spadaro of the Philadelphia Eagles, the Birds will wear their black uniforms for their week six divisional matchup with the Giants on Sunday night at Lincoln Finical Field. On Monday, Spadaro responded to a tweet from a fan saying, “Black jerseys on Sunday night.”

Wait, black pants too?

“We will be wearing all black, for the first time ever I think,” Eagles linebacker Connor Barwin told the 94WIP Mike & Ike Show on Monday. “We’ve always wore black jerseys with white pants, but we will be in all black which is going to be very cool for Sunday night.”
“I’m hearing that too,” CB Brandon Boykin told the 94WIP Afternoon Show about the all black uniforms. “That’s what I’ve been hearing.”

The 3-2 Giants come into Philly winners of three straight, while the 4-1 Eagles are facing offensive questions after scoring just two touchdowns on offense in their last eight quarters of play. You can expect the Linc to be rockin’ on Sunday night.

Cant wait to see how the new unis look.

Bread

Banned
boban i just rage quit after a 320 lb defensive tackle ran faster than russ to sack him

the speed slider has to change, that's just insane.

Zeke

Needs to be quoted one more time. :)
Why do the eagles even get black? Come the fuck on guys just bust out the old school Kelly green

cajunator

Banned
What always amazed me is how a QB can throw the ball with an accurate arc to arrive at the correct moment at the receiver, and right into his hands. How the fuck do they do that? Is it all timing? Do they just know that throwing it a certain way will get to a certain spot in xx seconds?

eznark

Banned
animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report.gif

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!

At an afternoon press conference today, following the brutal loss by the Bears to Jay Cutler and the Panthers, Chicago super fan and Hardees manager Bob "MrBob" Golem announced that he has lost all faith in his quarterback and that "we might as well tank the rest of the season" expressing the Bears need to "draft a fucking quarterback."

This marks a low point in Bears franchise history and indeed, in MrBob's love of Chicago sports. Bob was seen at Kohls shopping for Packers Zubaz immediately following the press conference.

Greg

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!

At an afternoon press conference today, following the brutal loss by the Bears to Jay Cutler and the Panthers, Chicago super fan and Hardees manager Bob "MrBob" Golem announced that he has lost all faith in his quarterback and that "we might as well tank the rest of the season" expressing the Bears need to "draft a fucking quarterback."

This marks a low point in Bears franchise history and indeed, in MrBob's love of Chicago sports. Bob was seen at Kohls shopping for Packers Zubaz immediately following the press conference.
ieJ03Up.jpg

cajunator

Banned

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!

I dont believe you

jbug617

Banned
Yeah, driving games don't usually do much for me but I'm gonna give it a shot. Plus get $10 off for being a PS+ subscriber is nice too.

I don't get the countdown thing if you are not on the track. Did they say the reason why they chose to use that?

jbug617

Banned
Pats are activating Browner and Tyms today.

Also the Pats vs Bills game will be called by Albert, Johnston and Siragusa.

In the first 5 or so years of his career, we didn't need him to throw to win. We had a dominant D and an above average running game. I can't recall the exact stat but at one point if Ben threw more than 30x or for more than 300 yds it meant we lost. Deacon probably has the exact stat in the rolodex of his brain.

By the time we reached the Superb Owl vs the Cards, our D was in the habit of blowing leads, our running game was suspect due to the o-line being riddled with holes, and we needed him to put the team on his back to win it.

It was a win, but up to about 3 years ago Ben had only thrown over 30 times like 3 times. Until recently, he's never been the high volume of throws passer. He was feast or famine - either massive chunks of yardage or 3 and out.

Top Bottom