• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

What shows are you guys watching?

I'm watching Gotham, The Strain, and Sleepy Hollow so far.
Current TV seasons: Doctor who, the league, I'll check out the Flash series

Netflix: the Blacklist, parks and rec s6, I'll eventually get to Luther s3 and the new trailer park boys season. Waiting for arrow s2

The Walking dead starts soon!

Syrinx

Probably won't be able to watch the Bucs on Sunday since I have to meet for a group project for one of my classes.

Not too bad though, Brees is gonna carve up our secondary like a watermelon anyway.

effzee

Time Warner keeps raising my monthly bill even though I have the most basic tv package with a sports option which provides me NFL Network plus 10 pointless sports channels I never watch.

Oh and 1 DVR box and 1 regular box.

Now I got a notice that its going to be 191 a month. That's the tv, internet, phone bundle.

Considering moving to direct tv., Any opinions? Looking at Direct Tv's site the most basic package that offers Sunday Ticket for free is $30 per month for the first 12 months and then $40 a month. What's the real price per month?

Might stick with Time Warner for internet and phone get direct tv. Even if the total comes out close to what I am paying right now at least I'll get the Sunday Ticket.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Time Warner keeps raising my monthly bill even though I have the most basic tv package with a sports option which provides me NFL Network plus 10 pointless sports channels I never watch.

Now I got a notice that its going to be 191 a month. That's the tv, internet, phone bundle.

Considering moving to direct tv., Any opinions? Looking at Direct Tv's site the most basic package that offers Sunday Ticket for free is $30 per month for the first 12 months and then $40 a month. What's the real price per month?

Might stick with Time Warner for internet and phone get direct tv. Even if the total comes out close to what I am paying right now at least I'll get the Sunday Ticket.

It's an extra $5/receiver, $10/dvr beyond the first one. Sunday Ticket is free the first year, then it'll be like $20/mo, year round. I pay a lot per month, but I have every channel and 4 tv's.

Fantomex

Right now im paying $72 a month.its the medium package, no paid movie channels, some sports channels for soccer, with NFL SUNDAY TICKET for free, that is for 2 rooms, a wireless genie dvr on my bedroom and the ability to record up to 5 things at the same time and 1Tb of space on the central DVR. it also came with a $100 Visa Gift Card. That monthly price will probably go up to $85 after one year. I Pay $39 to Time Warner for Internet every month. So basically by i pay around $110 every month for the whole thing by using timer warner only for Internet. If you get Directv let me know. We can reference each other and get $10 off each monthly bill for 12 months. You need my info before you sign up, their super anal about it. Unless you have a business you should consider dropping landline telephone service, it's how they get you to pay more in tier packages.

I switched to DirecTV two years ago. The first year you get the Sunday Ticket package and the price break. By year 2 you're basically paying what you were paying on Time Warner but you can record more shows at the same time. To be fair I'm paying for a ton of crap (HBO, Showtime, Starz, NHL Center Ice) and we have six TVs.

To be honest my DirecTV has been a bit of a nightmare. Signal drops when it rains. On Demand doesn't work all the time. Had four techs in the house at one point on a tier 3 problem for all the dropping. They found water in the lines for the wiring. I've actually considered going back to Time Warner recently.

Fantomex

I switched to DirecTV two years ago. The first year you get the Sunday Ticket package and the price break. By year 2 you're basically paying what you were paying on Time Warner but you can record more shows at the same time. To be fair I'm paying for a ton of crap (HBO, Showtime, Starz, NHL Center Ice) and we have six TVs.

To be honest my DirecTV has been a bit of a nightmare. Signal drops when it rains. On Demand doesn't work all the time. Had four techs in the house at one point on a tier 3 problem for all the dropping. They found water in the lines for the wiring. I've actually considered going back to Time Warner recently.

Oooh yeah. That's a very big thing when going with Directv. If you live in Ohio or some other horrible weather nightmare, it's probably better to check with reviews in the area. I live in Cali, so it ain't no thang. But people like :jnc and Gata need to watch out.

cdyhybrid

qLJq68L.jpg

thatsmypunter.gif

Syrinx

I'd consider buying a Bucs jersey but I'm not sure I want to be seen in one of those. Maybe they have some old ones for sale somewhere.

I'd consider buying a Bucs jersey but I'm not sure I want to be seen in one of those. Maybe they have some old ones for sale somewhere.

Yeah, I abhor the new Bucs jerseys. What was wrong with the ones before that? Least they won a Superbowl in those.

Just hoping next years new Browns jerseys aren't too similar in design =/

Gingers should never taunt others.

Their mere existence is gift enough, one that they should never take for granted.

One day god may finally decide to smite them like he should have done a long time ago.

brentech

Oooh yeah. That's a very big thing when going with Directv. If you live in Ohio or some other horrible weather nightmare, it's probably better to check with reviews in the area. I live in Cali, so it ain't no thang. But people like :jnc and Gata need to watch out.
I'm about 45min south of Cleveland, and just switched to DirecTV about a week before the regular season. I've actually only dropped signal once while watching and it only lasted for about 10 minutes of that storm.

Had a few big storms and no other full drops, maybe some short moments of digital blur, but nothing that didn't happen with cable from time to time.

Hoping it keeps up this way. I'm happy with it.

Top Bottom