• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It was in low 40s in Bessemer yesterday.
Here in Lafayette though its still 60s-70s.
Actually its touching the 80s right now.
Its basically summer until November.

Hell we're back into the 90s on Tuesday. Doesn't look like we'll see below the 80s anytime soon.

this is true. I like fords but my Dad and brother are all "Murica fuck yeah Chevys rule fuck Fords URRAH"

Ford >>> Chevy

Ford didn't get a government bailout a few years ago. Chevy did. Along with a bunch of others. Ford did it the American way.

Your dad and brother are dummies bro. Teach them about history.

cajunator

Banned
Ford >>> Chevy

Ford didn't get a government bailout a few years ago. Chevy did. Along with a bunch of others. Ford did it the American way.

Your dad and brother are dummies bro. Teach them about history.

I think they just prefer the engines/look/feel of driving a Chevy truck. Chevys have a lot of quality issues and dont feel as well built to me but both trucks are overall pretty evenly matched. Ford has a more global mindset though.

MRSA

Banned
People are really freaked out about this ebola thing huh? I'm just dreading having to put on a hazmat suit, those things are hotter than the sun on the inside.

I think they just prefer the engines/look/feel of driving a Chevy truck. Chevys have a lot of quality issues and dont feel as well built to me but both trucks are overall pretty evenly matched. Ford has a more global mindset though.

I was just trying to be funny. That's the rhetoric a lot of the people from my hometown use when they defend Ford.

But yeah my family only drives Ford. I've asked them why but never got a good answer. I don't have a car right now.

I'm not like Mr. Patriotic or anything but I've always felt weird about driving a foreign car/truck. I just can't and on top of it I really just plain dont like most of them anyway. A lot of my family worked in Ford/Chevy plants so that probably has something to do with it. If I had to rate US trucks....hmm I like them all.

Styling -
Dodge
GMC
Ford
Chevy

Reliability -
Ford
GMC/Chevy
Dodge

I'm a Toyota guy. My Solara was so dependable they made a fan of me for life. I'm looking at the FJ Cruiser right now, but it's so impractical that I have the 4runner in the back of my head.

I'm a Toyota guy. My Solara was so dependable they made a fan of me for life. I'm looking at the FJ Cruiser right now, but it's so impractical that I have the 4runner in the back of my head.
My boss is the most practical person I've ever met and he drives a 4runner. For him realiabilty is priority number one. I think it's an '04 though so fairly old.

cajunator

Banned

If Toyota didnt design their cars like they got into a knife fight it probably wouldnt be so bad. I havent ever seen such terrible design philosophies.

If Toyota didnt design their cars like they got into a knife fight it probably wouldnt be so bad. I havent ever seen such terrible design philosophies.

I've always felt that their style was boring, personally. That's part of my problem with this SUV search. Most SUV's look boring as shit. I want something with character, which is ironic because that's what led me towards the FJ.

Wes

venison crêpe
Two weeks without NFL action for me. I'm excited for today's games.

I think they were all blowouts last week because they knew I wasn't around to watch any of them.

BigAT

Kimberly Jones ‏@KimJonesSports
NYG: MLB Jon Beason will not play today vs Falcons, according to two sources.

While I would certainly like to have Beason out there, the Giants have been without him the past two weeks and have still managed to look good so I'm not too worried.

Also, it sounds like #12 overall pick Odell Beckham Jr. will finally make his debut today. I suspect it will be in limited packages though, as the Giants still want to be cautious with his health as well as the fact that he has barely practiced at all after missing the entire preseason and the first 4 weeks with a hamstring injury.

Greg

BzIwtMNCMAA3ruf.jpg

One guy here is a superhero, the other two are Robert Downey Jr, and Hasslebald.
:jnc

Anyone ever fuck with FanDuel? I'm usually fairly good at fantasy football but for some reason I feel like I'm about to get sharked. I just did a 1v1 bet for $25 so no big loss.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I had a 2001 Solara and the transmission went out at 100k miles. I guess that's just a risk for that sort of thing though.

I did end up buying the Accord Coupe because they stopped making the Solara and the Altima Coupe so it's really the only car of its kind left in that price range. You have to go G37 to find something similar.

jakncoke

Banned
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 6m6 minutes ago
RB DeMarco Murray of the @Cowboys is the 4th player in NFL history to start a season with 4 straight games of 100 rush yds and a rush TD

wonder who the other 3 are.

Godslay

Banned

Yes get that 4Runner. I owned a 4Runner and even though it got average to bad MPG, it was super reliable and I would take it up the mountains camping without a problem. I sold it awhile back to someone I know, and the damn thing is still buzzing around. I miss it.

Today I drive a GMC truck or my daily driver an Accord. Maybe someday I'll conslidate them back into a new 4Runner.

cajunator

Banned
My Uncle has a Honda Pilot from the 90s that is still in tip top shape. That would be my choice for reliable transportation that doesnt offend my eyes.

Tom Penny

RB DeMarco Murray of the @Cowboys is the 4th player in NFL history to start a season with 4 straight games of 100 rush yds and a rush TD

I know 2 are Jim Brown and Emmitt and maybe the guy who's glove didn't fit.

Greg

I remember they showed this as a graphic before his 4th game - I know Jim Brown and OJ were on the list

I can't remember the last one

edit: with our powers combined...

Godslay

Banned
I remember they showed this as a graphic before his 4th game - I know Jim Brown and OJ were on the list

I can't remember the last one

edit: with our powers combined...

Checked TD, he's close but off by 1 TD in 97 and 25 yards in 98.

TheFatOne

It's going to be interesting to see what the Pats play defensively tonight. Especially since Browner is not going to play. I thought they would play mostly press man across the board with McCourty as the single safety. That's the look I thought they would play a ton this season. Instead they are playing this soft hybrid bullshit. Going to be another game where the corners are lined up ten yards away from the receivers again with the occasional press man thrown in. The only hope I think the Pats have defensively is that they get blown out again, and they fire Patricia. Pats need a real DC and OC that aren't yes men.

Striker

No Jon Beason but Odell Beckham is a full go.

Rookie LB Dan Fox got cut to sign a corner from the PS, so it probably indicates Devon Kennard is good to go also. Would like him in at OLB with Williams on the other side and McClain inside. Fuck off the field, Herz!

Top Bottom