• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

Man I was going down the list and I swear there isn't an Eagles QB in there. How can that be possible?

You know how that is possible the last time they made it to a SB the other team illegally taped their practices. The NFL gave the team that committed that crime a big fine and took away draft picks, but they couldnt nullify the outcome due to it causing huge problems for the sports books. But you already knew all this.

Is Tannehill really that bad? He has had no line to protect him.

Middle of the pack so far, he's got the talent and rarely makes bad decisions but he needs to improve his pocket presence/footwork and to make decisions quicker. Of course his stats look worse thanks to bad oline, bad coaching, bad play calling and bad WR play (Drops).

Colasante

Brandon Browner wasn't activated for Sunday because he has struggled to learn the defense, so there's one question answered.

The Seahawks ask their cornerbacks (Sherman, Browner, etc.) to do one thing: Go out and play. Belichick expects a whole lot more.

That's very disappointing. At least Alfonzo Dennard and Kyle Arrington have been playing well with Revis.

Tom Penny

That's very disappointing. At least Alfonzo Dennard and Kyle Arrington have been playing well with Revis.

Dennard Got ate up on a TD last game I thought unless he was supposed to get safety help. Almost every other big play this year has been Logan Ryan though. He's got a bulls eye on him he's playing so bad. I don't even think Browner is very good based on camp and preseason..looks like a flag waiting to happen.

Also last point. Is it just me or has Rodgers level of play decreased? Or is he just on a shitty team? I have only seen 2 full packer games so I haven't seen enough to say one way or the other.

Rodgers, (like every QB) had the stars align perfectly when the talent of the rest of the team merged with his to create a Super Bowl bowl squad. Packers were a complete team there. They are a laugh and a dream away from that today.

brentech

ElasticPointedKoi.gif

Hey, my gif lives!

I really need to find something other than GifCam. Ss you can see it pixelates at times. Would be wonderful if it came out in the quality it was actually recorded at.

ShaneB

Hey, my gif lives!

I really need to find something other than GifCam. Ss you can see it pixelates at times. Would be wonderful if it came out in the quality it was actually recorded at.

I use Gifcam when I put together gifs, and it's fine. Just more a matter of the post processing you're throwing on there to reduce file size.

Dragon

Banned
You know how that is possible the last time they made it to a SB the other team illegally taped their practices. The NFL gave the team that committed that crime a big fine and took away draft picks, but they couldnt nullify the outcome due to it causing huge problems for the sports books. But you already knew all this.

The Iggles could have easily won that game, they just weren't good enough, they didn't make the plays when they needed to. Unlike the Giants. Spare me your self-righteous vitriol, I'm the only one who can do that here thank you very much.

They made it to four consecutive NFC Championship games. They had chances. Blaming it on some stupid taping shit that can't possibly be quantified over all of their other opportunities is some typical yankeehater shit.

I never saw Aaron Rodgers do this:

luckfum11.gif

That was literally jaw dropping.
I was at that game, right in the upper deck in that end zone looking down at that play. Most amazing play I've seen in my life.

My dad and I left that game amazed. We saw the AFC Championship game live at the RCA Dome years before, but that one almost topped it. Similar feelings in both games. He said it best, "We've been lucky to go to some pretty awesome games here in Indy..."

The Iggles could have easily won that game, they just weren't good enough, they didn't make the plays when they needed to. Unlike the Giants. Spare me your self-righteous vitriol, I'm the only one who can do that here thank you very much.

They made it to four consecutive NFC Championship games. They had chances. Blaming it on some stupid taping shit that can't possibly be quantified over all of their other opportunities is some typical yankeehater shit.

Say what you want but without their tainted rings the Pats are just a less successful version of the Eagles. The Giants beat the Pats twice but they never had to deal with the illegal taping that the Rams, Panthers, and Eagles had to deal with. Maybe if you guys were still allowed to cheat in those SBs you would have won them.

Colasante

Come home Browner

I wonder if this is actually possible. From what I've seen (admittedly not a ton), Byron Maxwell hasn't been playing lights out and your depth corners appear to be consistently injured. Patriots have a logjam at cornerback and desperately need help on the defensive line. Let's make something happen.

Dragon

Banned
Say what you want but without their tainted rings the Pats are just a less successful version of the Eagles. The Giants beat the Pats twice but they never had to deal with the illegal taping that the Rams, Panthers, and Eagles had to deal with. Maybe if you guys were still allowed to cheat in those SBs you would have won them.

Maybe if the Iggles didn't literally choke on their own vomit in the SB they would have won.

Maybe maybe maybe.

What happened?

Exactly.

This daily yankeehater/Dragon altercation brought to you by Squarespace. Squarespace: a better web starts with your website.

GB's podcasts have been pretty disappointing lately but their ads are still pretty funny!

Greg

Rodgers, (like every QB) had the stars align perfectly when the talent of the rest of the team merged with his to create a Super Bowl bowl squad. Packers were a complete team there. They are a laugh and a dream away from that today.
they barely made it into the playoffs that year

so funny
so dreamy

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

so funny
so dreamy

We rode into the playoffs on Desean Jackson and Welli's broken laptop.

It was glorious.

edit: I don't remember Sprecher's but it looks like it wasn't a huge thing until after we moved away. I do remember how awesome Kopps was though.

Tom Penny

Fun Fact. The slang term salty shockingly was derived in Philly.

so funny
so dreamy

Weren't they way better the next year and didn't win it?

GB's podcasts have been pretty disappointing lately but their ads are still pretty funny!
I can't figure out if I like Dan or not. On the one hand he's kind of funny and he likes a lot of good games but on the other he seems to be quite literally insane.

Speaking of the Bombcast though, I enjoyed the Destiny endgame talk. Have you done the raid yet? I'm level 27 now but I think I'm going to give it a shot when I hit 28 if I can get some people together. If you or any other PS4 NFL-bros are interested let me know! So far I just have one friend that's committed.

Tamanon

Banned
I can't figure out if I like Dan or not. On the one hand he's kind of funny and he likes a lot of good games but on the other he seems to be quite literally insane.

Speaking of the Bombcast though, I enjoyed the Destiny endgame talk. Have you done the raid yet? I'm level 27 now but I think I'm going to give it a shot when I hit 28 if I can get some people together. If you or any other PS4 NFL-bros are interested let me know! So far I just have one friend that's committed.

Dan is great because it's good they have someone who's actually positive most of the time.

Maybe if the Iggles didn't literally choke on their own vomit in the SB they would have won.

Maybe maybe maybe.

What happened?

Exactly.

It is baffling to me that you insist on pushing this idea that them cheating didnt matter. They cheated and got caught, it is what it is. Sorry that I am never going to lie to you and say it is all okay. I really do hope that if the situation was reversed I could admit that my teams SBs are tainted by them cheating to win them. Then again I still enjoy being an Eagles fan even though they havent won a SB, so I guess my fandom is less invested in rooting for a team that has "won" a SB.

brentech

I use Gifcam when I put together gifs, and it's fine. Just more a matter of the post processing you're throwing on there to reduce file size.

I use nearest when selecting the color processing. do you use something else?
I then use GIMP to resize the gif, but that doesn't change anything other than the size of each frame.

Fox318

I've enjoyed the podcasts lately.

Brad hosting is a smart idea and its nice to have somebody like Dan who still has optimism for gaming.

Ryan towards the end came across like he would rather be covering anything other than gaming.

Now they talk about games and they cover other things that make sense for their audience and product.

Really wish Vinny could skype in on the podcast and Patrick has kinda been on an island with his content and the whole Tempkin thing clearly made somebody in the office think twice or something with how they use Patrick.

Trey

I take that Rodgers TD throw that didn't count over that Luck "run". Easily.

That throw was all arm, under extreme duress, perfectly thrown 43 yards into a tight window over two defenders. That's the stuff dreams are made of.

MRSA

Banned
People here are dressed in suits while I'm dressed in shorts and a t shirt. Didn't realize this is supposed to be a formal interview.

Luck is not getting MVP, this season is the 2014 Phil Rivers award tour.

Would trade for him no question though. I still think he has a long way to go before he's in the best QB discussion.

Top Bottom