• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

fmt left me hanging

i thought i was going to watch him play but instead ive been staring at this blank screen for 20 minutes.

i'm sorry brosefski! pheeniks and bob called me into fifa, then i had to play a madden league game (in which i lost to the chargers and probably cost myself the playoffs) :(

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Reggie Bush and Kyle Van Noy practiced today. Van Noy is our 2nd round pick we traded up to get from BYU. He's been out since Week 1 IIRC, if he doesn't play this week he will play against the Falcons. Our #1 defense is only going to get better.

tempIMG_1024--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

And of course our franchise QB putting in work at practice:

tempIMG_1131--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Its really weird. Every time I click on an nfl.com link from here i opens up twice. Once on this page somehow, and once in a separate window. any ideas what is happening there and how to stop it?

[Y]ou can see that the receivers, we are doing our job for the most part,” Baldwin said regarding whether the film shows that they’re getting open. “We’ve just got to make plays when the ball is thrown at us . . . but we don’t have a hard time getting open, no.”

Doug Baldwin calling out wussle again?

I appreciate the link Bowser but most NFL fans and the media have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to Stafford. I quickly glazed and exited.

I yearn for the day Stafford hoists the Lombardi trophy and I'll ask most of NFLGAF, "why didn't you listen?"

i admire your faith. i hope the lions are the losing team in Rivers' coronation ceremony this february

Only way Stafford is raising the Lombardi trophy high is if he steals the trophy from Canton as it's being moved to the Super Bowl site. He'll have help from all the other loser franchises (Vikes, Browns, Pats, Bills), and he can be the fat Danny Ocean.

Konka

Banned
I appreciate the link Bowser but most NFL fans and the media have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to Stafford. I quickly glazed and exited.

I yearn for the day Stafford hoists the Lombardi trophy and I'll ask most of NFLGAF, "why didn't you listen?"

bacon_lombardi.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Bobby Layne curse:

In 1958, the Lions traded Layne to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Layne responded to the trade by supposedly saying that the Lions would "not win for 50 years".

The 50th year? The 2008 0-16 Detroit Lions.

Coincidentally, in the 2009 NFL Draft, right after the curse supposedly expired, the Detroit Lions drafted University of Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford first overall. Stafford was an alumnus of Layne's former school Highland Park High School and also lived in a house on the same street as Layne's.[6] In the 2011 season, Stafford's first full injury-free season, he led the Lions to their first playoff berth since 1999 but lost to fellow Texan Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Layne

Who are we playing this weekend? The New Orleans Saints. Staffords' first NFL game was against the Saints and his first playoff appearance was against the Saints. This week he will overcome the Saints with the help of his offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi who was the Saints QB coach for both of those games. The Saints overcame all the doubts and negative history to win a Superbowl.

The Football Gods have given you the history and the statistics but you choose not to listen. We may or may not win it this year, or next year but it is inevitable.

2matthew-stafford-26jpg-802f2e4b843bbabc_large.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
FYI though, the Popeyes in Jasper, Texas is awful. The chicken came out rubbery and like they used too much cumin or something. It might be because it was also hooked to a gas station and those don't tend to be as good as the freestanding ones in newly constructed buildings.

cajunator

Banned
FYI though, the Popeyes in Jasper, Texas is awful. The chicken came out rubbery and like they used too much cumin or something. It might be because it was also hooked to a gas station and those don't tend to be as good as the freestanding ones in newly constructed buildings.

Popeyes are not allowed to be terrible here. Maybe its a Louisiana pride thing.

Reggie Bush and Kyle Van Noy practiced today. Van Noy is our 2nd round pick we traded up to get from BYU. He's been out since Week 1 IIRC, if he doesn't play this week he will play against the Falcons. Our #1 defense is only going to get better.

tempIMG_1024--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

And of course our franchise QB putting in work at practice:

tempIMG_1131--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Van Noy was on IR and thus can't return until after the bye, despite being healthy now. He didn't look great in the preseason but he'll get some nice experience in the second half of the season, especially with Tulluch out.

I'm glad Bush is back but it's not like our run game has looked good regardless. The o-line isn't getting the job done, especially Sims and Raola. A big part is due to this offense having the QB hold the ball longer, but in terms of the run game we're just getting blown up.

It's really hard to see us going far if the offense can't get going. This weekend will be telling, considering we might have to get into a shootout with the Saints. Can we keep up?

bionic77

Popeyes are not allowed to be terrible here. Maybe its a Louisiana pride thing.
Nothing that is made in a gas station ever tastes very good.

That even extends to Popeyes.

P.S. I remember going to New Orleans as a kid in the 80s and the highpoint of the trip was discovering Popeyes. I couldn't believe we didn't have that shit on the East Coast. :(

Top Bottom