• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

What a great day. The Detroit Lions once again came back in a game where they were down and out, kept cool calm and collected.

These ain't the old Detroit Lions. Stafford once again made the throws without his best WR, no RT, two starting tight ends out and really no running game. I know one thing about our Quarterback, even if he throws a pick or he loses a lot of key teammates he has balls of fucking steel and we always have a chance to comeback and win.

Matt Ryan had all his main weapons and could not get it done. For some reason the media or fans don't jump on him like they do Stafford. But that is coming to an end. Remember when Matthew Stafford was only godd because of Megatron?

http://www.nfl.com/player/goldentate/497326/careerstats

Golden Tate is 98 yards away from breaking his career record in yardage and is smashing his yards per game total from the past.

Great job by Coach Caldwell and the staff and I think we'll be seeing a lot more of our 6th round 2013 pick, Theo Riddick. Considering all the injuries we've had, kicker issues and whole new offensive scheme it feels damn good to be 6-2. Perfect way to go into a bye week and have guys like Megatron, Fauria and LaAdrian Waddle heal up.

457891706.0_standard_709.0.jpg

457890428.0_standard_709.0.jpg

This team has comradery, heart, young talent and a great coaching staff. Rest of the league better be on notice.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Just realized we have a legit shot at having two 1,000 yard receivers for the first time since 2006. I rather they get into the playoffs though. I won't stop believing though Kas

zychi

Banned
Ugh wilbon was on a twitter crying spree today. I'm so tired of hi whining about how defense is legislated away, the big hits etc and then the next story side with players against the league due to head trauma and injury playing the sport and the league not doing enough to protect them from themselves. So like...what exactly does he want?

To be paid to take whatever side is paying.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just realized we have a legit shot at having two 1,000 yard receivers for the first time since 2006. I rather they get into the playoffs though. I won't stop believing though Kas

Can't believe I missed this game. I had planned to get up to watch it but I had a lot of friends over for one last party before I leave California and was hungover and did not wake up on time. And no I did not sleep in my car.

I watched highlights, postgame interviews etc. Read a ton of articles and posts on forums. Any place where I can watch the whole game? I was really pissed I missed the game.

I'm going through the thread right now when the game was going on this morning.

Page 80-100 is gold.

banderas.png

Can't believe I missed this game. I had planned to get up to watch it but I had a lot of friends over for one last party before I leave California and was hungover and did not wake up on time. And no I did not sleep in my car.

I watched highlights, postgame interviews etc. Read a ton of articles and posts on forums. Any place where I can watch the whole game? I was really pissed I missed the game.

I'm going through the thread right now when the game was going on this morning.

Page 80-100 is gold.

banderas.png
I swear if anyone came into this thread around that time not knowing anything from this season they'd think the Lions was 2-5 or worse.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I feel like a genius after picking the Falcons.

It's my week to win the office pool (though I already got the Beoncos game wrong)!

Sorry non-Kas Lions fans....

Y'all are good people.

This is abusive. Where's kas to tell us it's not that bad.

Where is that fat mother fucker Kas?

Kas, pls respond.

+1,000,000 similar posts.

banderas.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=916057&page=91

How's that office pool, bionic?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I also advise you to go on NFL.com and rewatch that Matt Ryan pick. I kept replaying it just to keep hearing Thom say "Ohhh Myyyy Goodness" it's perfect

YEEEES the good Let's go Primetime music

Yeah that was hilarious and I just saw and heard the Rashean Mathis 103 yard INT that got called back. I really wish I got up for this game.

Any other places to hear and watch analysis on the game?

I posted this in the middle of the Packers/Saints game so maybe it was missed but Stafford handled business as usual when the time called for it.

Matthew Stafford:

15/27 240 yards 2 TD in the second half.

10/13 117 yards 1 TD in the 4th.

Our offense will get find its groove I have no doubt in that. I hope Corey Fuller fits in a little more and if either Ebron or Fauria can show up week after week we're going to finally fuck around and drop 40 a game. I think we should continue using Bell as our ground and pound back and start putting in Riddick more for screens and draw plays. Another great draft pick by Martin Mayhew.

staffordlaser.0.0.gif

Martin Mayhew needs to get props. All GMs have failed drafts but even with say Titus Young or Jahvid Best, Martin Mayhew has an eye for talent as good as any GM in the league.

Furyous

hair of the dog

I'm so confused, are you a Cards fan or a Brownies fan??

I'm both and the Cards are my west coast team. I'm scouting TJack in the event Carson retires and Logan doesn't cut it. TJack has a remarkable career if you think about it. Carson will outduel once-in-a-generation Russell Wilson at some point.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas, everyone but you watched the fucking game.

You're delusional if you think it was a display of strength.

I missed this game, but I've watched almost every single game since Stafford played his first snap in 2009. I know the team that Martin Mayhew has built since he picked Matthew Stafford #1 in 2009 and we're finally seeing everything come together and it's a team that will be around for awhile.

If you don't think coming back 21-0 is a display of strength, after last weeks comeback, with all the players we've had out you're trolling or have no idea what you're talking about. Our offense will get rolling I can guarantee you that. I've been preaching about the team we have in place all offseason, and the previous offseasons.

Difference this year is we have a competent coaching staff, our #2 reciever is not Kris Durham, we've gone 6-2 with major injuries and wins like this only help reinforce and bolden this young confident team.

I really hope the media and most NFL fans keep sleeping on us though. I expected more media coverage but honestly I'd prefer otherwise.

More Martin Mayhew props:

Lions WR Golden Tate: Seahawks final offer was 'laughable'

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what the Seahawks offer was, but Tate will be making $13.25 in guaranteed money with the Lions as part of the five-year, $35 million deal he signed on March 12. Tate's deal includes an $8 million signing bonus, so technically, he's making $9.5 million in his first year with Detroit when you include his $1.5 million 2014 base salary.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...olden-tate-seahawks-final-offer-was-laughable

Stay in denial.

detroit-lions-vs-atlanta-falcons----oct26-2014-b97ed4a3bf50e70c.jpg

detroit-lions-vs-atlanta-falcons----oct26-2014-d77822fe8b7caa76.jpg

detroit-lions-vs-atlanta-falcons----oct26-2014-28d51f2d1e0eedb8.jpg

Our goal is/should be a first round bye.

Milchjon

Kas, you almost lost against one of the worst teams in football. You needed one of the worst interceptions I've seen from Ryan and a hilarious penalty to beat them by a single point.

If you wanna talk shit, at least watch the game.

Everyone else did.

Edit: Why would Pats fans be "salty"? Our team actually played a good game...

Spinluck

Kas, you almost lost against one of the worst teams in football. You needed one of the worst interceptions I've seen from Ryan and a hilarious penalty to beat them by a single point.

Everyone else did.

There is no point in reasoning with Kas, he might be crazy.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
"Geno Smith is terrible."

No mention of the defense that caused 6 turnovers in one game. Same disease that leads to this fuckery.

The Jets were 1-6 before yesterday. Bills 4-3 with wins over some damn good teams.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Everyone else did.

We came back down 21 points and won. I don't give a damn about anything else. We won.

We're 6-2 going into a bye week with players like Megatron, Fauria, Ebron, Bush having not played the majority of the season and coming back into the rotation with our next game being against the Dolphins.

Congrats on beating the garbage Bears and playing in the AFC.

We'll be coming into Boston on November 23rd to whoop that old, done Patriot ass.

Spinluck

Holy fuck, we got against the Pats off a bye after they play Denver. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

We're gonna make Tammy feel young again.

No pass rush + garbage cover LBs = Gronk dominates the middle

Looks like we're gonna need that offense to come through, which is swell considering Bill has Luck's number. Oh well, we can always try to beat the Giants next week.

Spinluck

Congrats on beating the garbage Bears and playing in the AFC.

You are a moron, they dismantled a NFC team today.

Arguably the best team in Football is in the AFC.

EDIT: You yourself just admitted to there being a garbage team in the NFC, and you guys barely beat a garbage team yesterday. You have to be trolling :lol. No way this is real.

Spinluck

I mean, I wouldn't call them the "best" but Buffalo is definitely heading for the playoffs this year! Thanks for having our backs though!

Anytime!

Why are you so mad about the Lions winning today? Those sexy Stafford eyes in my avatar scare you don't they?

I am not mad, you guys winning against teams with losing records should be old hat for you by now.

You just never make any sense. You bring up the NFC as if most of the teams aren't shit. You then brag about a win over the Falcons as if it means more than dropping 50 something on the Bears. Just seems silly.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Hey, look, I'm actually Kas' big brother and real talk, he was off selling his PS2 for money to support his moms. That's why he missed the game, so lay off. I mean, he didn't make enough to cover the bus fair, but the guy is trying, okay???

Top Bottom