• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

SKINNER!

Banned
Finally got back home from last night's Lions game. Incredible stuff and so delighted that my first time seeing the Lions ended up being a memorable win :D First half was near depressing but thankfully it worked out well in the end.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The salt because the Detroit Lions won is something else.

Stay mad.

layer-1-stafforddealwithit-psd_2.gif

Malalaw

Finished the Evil Within yet? I might pick up drive club first and wait with it for a bit.

You're free this week or you working hard again? Didn't expect you guys to win it last night!

Yeah I beat it last night. It was awesome, great game. I'm just waiting for Lords of the Fallen now, that should hold me over until Dragon Age.

Malalaw

Good stuff! Got anything planned?

Cool man! I might just double dip on GTA V next month as well! The game industry must love guys like us :D

Yeah man, it is a great time to be a gamer that is for sure. The rest of the year and 2015 is gonna be huge, but will hurt my wallet. Double edged sword but eh, worth it. Lol

cajunator

Banned
I watched it from work. Gonna go to the parents house where they recorded it. Also going to pick up Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors while Im over there

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Buffalo beat the shit out of the worst QB in the league and a washed-up has been for 4 quarters.

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS ALL ABOARD THE SUPER BOWL TRAIN

Tom Penny

That sucked. Road games are hard. Not a huge loss as long ad Rodgers is fine. Lions aren't winning 13 games.

Very disappointed in Jordy. It looked like he couldn't beat man coverage and yes it's because I have him in fantasy but I was surprised nevertheless.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That sucked. Road games are hard. Not a huge loss as long ad Rodgers is fine. Lions aren't winning 13 games.

Wow didn't realize we are basically done with all of the difficult road games already. All of the difficult teams remaining we get at home.

The bye came at the perfect time for sure.

Dolphins offense was hot garbage yesterday. Pouncey still doesn't look close to his old self and Colledge was taken behind the woodshed multiple times until he left with an injury. This helped equate to Tannehill sacks and no running game.

On top of that the WR's were dropping passes left and right and Tannehill missed some open throws. Just an ugly game all around for the offense.

Dolphins usually play San Diego well but they will need to do a lot more than they did yesterday.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Is Arizona legit?

I know we only have one or two fans here so it probably doesn't get discussed very much. Their defense always seems to be pretty good (against the run anyway).

I'm really curious to see what happens with the Cowboys.

Or Grover squickening to the Seahawks.

This is not a squicken my German friend. In fact this is a sign that my faith in the Panthers has never been stronger. Every week I put my hat on this team not being fucking losers and every week they find new and innovative ways to disappoint me.

Just Losez is a lifestyle.

Tom Penny

I don't know what to make of Arizona. Only loss is to Denver and they have won with garbage at QB and I'm not even talking about Palmer. At the end of the day I don't feel Palmer is all that good.

In 2013 the Dolphins were 26th in points per game at 19.8. So far this season they are 12th with 24.9.

Not quite a revolution but I like the improvement from bringing in Lazor. Now if they could just learn some consistency.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't know what to make of Arizona. Only loss is to Denver and they have won with garbage at QB and I'm not even talking about Palmer. At the end of the day I don't feel Palmer is all that good.

While uncommon, past Superbowls have shown that you don't *need* an elite quarterback. It's possible that they could Dilfer themselves to a ring this season. I don't particularly like their chances because I feel like if their defense has a bad game, they're pretty much screwed.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas not watching the Lions is one of the biggest betrayals in this thread since trejo decided to leave us.

On one hand I'm not happy the NFL is playing games in London to begin with forcing me to get up 6:30 AM PST. On the other hand we showed Europeans one of the most exciting games in recent history and the Lions will probably be the most popular franchise in Europe.

Golden Tate for MVP discussion:

Can a strong case be made for the Lions' Golden Tate as NFL MVP?

It's a tie between Tate and Dallas running back DeMarco Murray. The Lions and the Cowboys are the NFC's two biggest surprises.

I'm sure they'll disagree in Denver and Green Bay with Peyton Manning turning the NFL record book into his personal career diary and Aaron Rodgers pretty much single-handedly keeping the Packers in the NFC North divisional race with the Leos. But the Lions aren't 6-2 without Tate, considering Calvin Johnson's absence the last three weeks.

The defense has played well. But remove Tate's two 50-yard-plus touchdown scores the last two weeks when the Lions trailed and not only are the Lions 4-4, but they're likely reeling emotionally heading into their bye week.

www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2014/10/27/detroit-lions-three-questions-drew-sharp/17985579/

Also last 5 minutes of the game at a Detroit bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD6CQ4KUxhU

andthebeatgoeson

Is Arizona legit?

I know we only have one or two fans here so it probably doesn't get discussed very much. Their defense always seems to be pretty good (against the run anyway).

I'm really curious to see what happens with the Cowboys.
I'd be worried about that secondary against any elite passer. Foles got up the field in 64 yards in 1:20.

I may sound like a homer but neither team looked legit. I only hope for good luck during the playoffs. All the NFC teams look suspect. You can just hope for a few good bounces and peypey chokes.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The texans are the team good teams get well against. The Giants are losers until they played us and then their offense was awesome, until they played the eagles.
The steelers were haplass in the redzone, until the texans handed them the ball like 5 times in the redzone, and even then they were hapless outside of those turnovers and then they go and drop 50 on the colts.

i was casually scrolling and i thought this guys last name was fatford

This team has comradery, heart, young talent and a great coaching staff. Rest of the league better be on notice.
said no one ever about a jim caldwell coaching staff.

Ugh wilbon was on a twitter crying spree today. I'm so tired of hi whining about how defense is legislated away, the big hits etc and then the next story side with players against the league due to head trauma and injury playing the sport and the league not doing enough to protect them from themselves. So like...what exactly does he want?
I feel the same way about the old players. They better not be attached to any of the lawsuits suing the league. Major hypocrites to sit there and say the league is full of pussys now and goodell is ruining the game and then turn around and sue the league for not disclosing what they knew and not protecting the players.

Really though, that Falcons collapse was something to behold.
that game was great, it was two teams both trying desperately to lose.

Always felt like one of these games hyped by desperate fanboys that would fall flat on its face score-wise.
Uh yea, its Insomniac. 7/10 to 8/10 is right in their wheelhouse and just like when they hitched their wagon to Sony again last gen the Sony fanboys hyped their games, now they hitched their wagon to the losing team again and the Xbox fanboys are hyping their games.

I think Andrew Luck is a great QB.

That said, it seems he makes 2 or 3 boneheaded decisions per game. He's talented enough to correct for them, but he really needs to clean that stuff up if he expects to have longevity in the league, particularly in the playoffs.

eznark

Banned
So, on April 26th I started Book One of the Wheel of Time. 6 months and 435 hours of listening later, I am done. Finished during halftime yesterday. Listening to the books that way was pretty amazing and I definitely recommend it. The readers are brilliant (Kramer and Reading are really fantastic and the reason I was willing to check out this nerd shit in the first place) and because I just digested it as one huge chunk, I never felt like "oh this book really sucks." The downside is if anyone ever tries to talk to me about it on the internet I 1. have no notion of what events happened in what book. It was all one big ass book and 2. have no idea how to spell shit.

I stopped reading Jordan because he is a joyless fat twat who masturbates to food, torture and rape. It got stupidly old. ASOIAF is literally joyless. The worst thing about the last decade plus of entertainment media is just the sheer oppressive cynicism in literally everything. Wheel of Time began in a much better time and it really shows throughout the entire series. Even at its absolute nadir, Matt chapters provided a pick me up, moments of levity to look forward to and balance against the gloom.

I can't decide if the ending was amazing or a cop out, so that's great! So well done, pretty much the entire way through. Sanderson is easily the best genre writer going right now.

It's bullshit that Faieel didn't die. Fuck that bitch. And the Pa Don Faine wrap up was abysmal.

Top Bottom