• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

It seems like with all your injuries, SD is putting out the D they had last year. Basically the same D that gave the Broncos so much more trouble than the rest of the NFL last year. It might be very close.
Personally, I hope Rios gets sacked left and right by Miller and Ware because Rios is always so angry when playing the Broncos.

That's the other thing I'm worried about, I saw the Broncos play last week and it looked like Miller and Ware expected one of them to get to the QB every play. Rivers becomes exponentially better the more time he has.

TheFatOne

Man I wish sports talk radio wasn't complete dogshit in New England. It might just be that all sports talk radio is garbage, but it's especially shitty up in the northeast. Tuned into Felger and Mazz and they are making a big deal out of Revis not practicing. So fucking stupid.

Hunter S.

I expect Rivers to look like this tonight.
MockingRivers.jpg

and like this.

hE26A0DCD

rando14

Damn you Mettenberger, stealing my boy Jake's job ;_;

So I guess all of the 2011 first round QB's are busts then, except for Cameron Newton who will probably feast on us this weekend ;_;

Tom Penny

Man I wish sports talk radio wasn't complete dogshit in New England. It might just be that all sports talk radio is garbage, but it's especially shitty up in the northeast. Tuned into Felger and Mazz and they are making a big deal out of Revis not practicing. So fucking stupid.

They have to talk about something. They have sent many players home for being late even due to northeaster's.That's how they operate so I don't see the big deal at all unless Revis himself has an issue with it.

No matter who wins the score will be within 7.

Nah although the last 2 Thursday night games shifted the trend of total annihilation by the winner.

"You look at the Bradys, the Mannings, the Rodgers, the Brees, those guys win every year, even with no one around them," Urlacher said. "[Aaron] Rodgers has no offensive line. He wins. [Tom] Brady has no receivers. He wins.

"And you look at Jay. He's got Brandon [Marshall], Alshon [Jeffery], Matt [Forte], this great offensive line, Martellus Bennett,and they can't seem to put it together, for some reason. I'm not sure if that's his fault, but for some reason they just can't figure it out."

"You look at the Bradys, the Mannings, the Rodgers, the Brees, those guys win every year, even with no one around them," Urlacher said. "[Aaron] Rodgers has no offensive line. He wins. [Tom] Brady has no receivers. He wins.

"And you look at Jay. He's got Brandon [Marshall], Alshon [Jeffery], Matt [Forte], this great offensive line, Martellus Bennett,and they can't seem to put it together, for some reason. I'm not sure if that's his fault, but for some reason they just can't figure it out."

Great job prediction Cutler would be MVP.

Spinluck

Our defense is trash.

If you can't exploit that with Luck then your coaching is trash.

Should be a blowout. Luck is going to beast. And I am talking about his dominance and not how he looks...

Our coaching has improved since our 0-2 start. Pep seems to be letting Luck throw more to set up some runs, it's an approach I can get behind. I still feel like one of these days they're gonna go back to trying run it down teams' throats again... even when nothing is working...

I am actually more interested in how our defense plays your offense. I want to see how we adjust to Brown. I am not sure if you guys move him around a lot, but we did a pretty good job against a red hot Smith who played that role. Bell is no joke either.

Steelers D not only lacks talent their scheme is outdated at this point and strikes fear in no one. Luck should shred them to be honest.

It all depends on Pep's gameplan really, we are easily outcoached sometimes. Even with Luck, I still don't like this team playing from behind because of some of our coaching decisions. Say what you want about Dick, but I think he can best Pep Hamilton if it came down to a few plays at the end of a game. Then again, I haven't been able to watch much of the Steelers this year unless it's on primetime.

Wayne and Hilton are the only WRs Luck even looks at. The TEs seem to get priority, and it seems like we are phasing Nicks out of the offense .__. Our rookie WR got more snaps than him last week. :(

I feel good. Steelers D are excellent against Ben style quarterbacks of which Luck is one. I don't think it will be a blowout. Plus they will get Shazier back Sunday. I like Spence but he gets stuck on blocks too easily.

It's the offense i'm not confident about. Last week's win was typical - offense only showed up for 30 minutes, barely, and with massive help from the defense. Just once I would like to see Ben and the offense explode early and stay consistent all game. I think steelers win. Colts are due for a loss.

I don't think it'll be a blowout. It'll probably play similarly to our match up with the Ravens this year.

I am actually looking forward to seeing how our defense matches up. Peyton and Ben are the only QBs on our schedule up to this point. Flacco too I guess, but he just looked extra bad against us. Want to see how we handle Brown, and Ben in the pocket. Tomlin seemed knowledgeable about the way we do things in his presser, I am not sure if he does that every week, but he seems to shoot it straight. So, while I still pick us to win, I wouldn't be surprised if we chose this week to suck.

rando14

Oh I didn't tell you guys, still on unemployment but my wife just got offered a university job getting paid more than I used to. Then government health benefits and perks. aaaaaaw yeah, God is good!

Nice dude, so happy for you!! :)

Party at Fanto's!!!!

Oh I didn't tell you guys, still on unemployment but my wife just got offered a university job getting paid more than I used to. Then government health benefits and perks. aaaaaaw yeah, God is good!
Awesome news, my friend!

I am looking forward to Lords of the Fallen as well but I need to see reviews first just to make sure there are no fatal flaws.

Syrinx

Brees is winning? Could have fooled me.

JABEE

Right, the funny part is that if you don't tell me - I'm just going to pay you the bare minimum I can if you happen to be a well qualified candidate. ;)

:jnc

What would you tell a college graduate with very little experience to say to that question? Do you hire entry-level employees? What are you looking from applicants that don't necessarily know the ins-and-outs of the daily operations of your section? I guess it depends on whether you're hiring for an IT job, marketing, management, accounting, finance, etc.

Great job prediction Cutler would be MVP.
It was 4500 yards and 35 TDs but yeah that was a flop prediction. I just don't know what's up with Cutler. He's got a huge arm... I guess it's his decision-making. Maybe this accuracy?

There's no excuse. He's got two great receivers, a great offensive line, one of the best running backs in the league, a solid tight end, yet he puts up mediocre numbers week after week. Imagine if Brady had that offense behind him. Guaranteed 40+ TDs, probably around 45.

It was 4500 yards and 35 TDs but yeah that was a flop prediction. I just don't know what's up with Cutler. He's got a huge arm... I guess it's his decision-making. Maybe this accuracy?

There's no excuse. He's got two great receivers, a great offensive line, one of the best running backs in the league, a solid tight end, yet he puts up mediocre numbers week after week. Imagine if Brady had that offense behind him. Guaranteed 40+ TDs, probably around 45.

Physical tools are great but you definitely need the mental side as well to be a great QB, and Cutler is totally lacking in the mental side of things.

Hunter S.

Brady is old and going through dementia and bad hips. He is almost done for.

Crisco

Banned

Decision making, specifically total unawareness of time and situation. Being a "gunslinger" is ok, the best QBs need to trust their arms to make big plays, but Cutler doesn't understand there are moments in the game where the potential to do harm is greater than the possibility of a big play.

Top Bottom