• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

cajunator

Banned
I really do wish smaller market teams won more.
I do understand the pull that large market teams have in terms of fame, money, organizational advantages, location...

I really do wish smaller market teams won more.
I do understand the pull that large market teams have in terms of fame, money, organizational advantages, location...
Are the Packers really the last small market team to win a major title or am I forgetting someone else.

No one here plays anymore but my Titan is Destiny finally hit level 28. I'm going to start a Hunter class this weekend if anyone is just starting and wants to run missions together on the One.

There are plenty that still play, you just screwed up and got it on the Xbone :( Sorry bro, would definitely play with you if you were playing it on PS4. Congrats on the level up, you can do Nightfalls, highest level Weekly and Daily Heroics, and The Raid far more comfortably at that level.

Man, it never gets old watching the Suns shit on the Lakers. The Lakers suck dick these days you say? You're damn right they do and guess who has their first round draft pick? :D

Are the Packers really the last small market team to win a major title or am I forgetting someone else.
Spurs

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I hate the Giants. Those goddamn cockroaches.

bRt4W.jpg

There are plenty that still play, you just screwed up and got it on the Xbone :( Sorry bro, would definitely play with you if you were playing it on PS4. Congrats on the level up, you can do Nightfalls, highest level Weekly and Daily Heroics, and The Raid far more comfortably at that level.

Man, it never gets old watching the Suns shit on the Lakers. The Lakers suck dick these days you say? You're damn right they do and guess who has their first round draft pick? :D

Spurs

Wait they're considered a small marked team???

Packers are a small market? LMAO Rel PLS.

You mean Green Bay is a small city, but the Packers are a "public" team. Everyone knows that. Fan base wise they are fucking gigantic.

Green Bay is classified as a small market team. Yeah everyone know who they are and they have the most NFL Championships but due to their location and coverage they're considered a small market team. As a matter of fact they are the NFL smallest market team.

Green Bay is classified as a small market team. Yeah everyone know who they are and they have the most NFL Championships but due to their location and coverage they're considered a small market team. As a matter of fact they are the NFL smallest market team.

Yea but their T.V, and merchandise market is fucking ridiculous. The only thing that is small is the city/town.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I just turned on baseball

what is this pitcher doing that's so amazing?

pitched 4 innings on 2 days rest. and they are also talking about him in general. he has something like a .26 ERA in the world series in his career which is the best ever

history the one time I watch baseball! wooooo!

Lowest career World Series ERA (minimum 30 innings pitched)

1. Bumgarner, Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 - 0.25 ERA, 36 innings pitched
2. Brecheen, Cardinals 1943, 1944, 1946 - 0.83 ERA, 32.2 innings pitched
3. Ruth, Red Sox 1916, 1918 - 0.87 ERA, 31 innings pitched
4. Smith, Brooklyn Robins (before they were called the Dodgers) 1916, 1920 - 0.89 ERA, 30.1 innings pitched
5. Koufax, Dodgers 1959, 1963, 1965, 1966 - 0.95 ERA, 57 innings pitched
6. Mathewson, Giants 1905, 1911, 1912, 1913 - 0.97 ERA, 101.2 innings pitched
7. Rivera, Yankees 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2009 - 0.99 ERA, 36.1 innings pitched

cajunator

Banned
The only thing I ever really knew about baseball was meeting a rather famous Yankees player named Ron Guidry here in Lafayette cause he used to live here.

Milchjon

she's needs a dentist appointment quick
i pay for it and she suck on my dick
when we text each other i fiddle with my anus
ooooooooooo i stick a finger in it
then i fucking riddle-diddily-do
then i fucking gots to spew
upon my belly
dripped upon my shoe
someone get me a tissue

I assumed this was from some shitty song, but Google doesn't give me any results for this

Oh FMT, you so crazy.

Hunter S.

Seattle is a small market team.

Rank Team(s) Pop. in TV Households (000s) Media Market(s)
1) New York Giants / Jets 22421 New York, Hartford-New Haven1 , Wilkes-Barre--Scranton
2) Oakland Raiders / San Francisco 49ers 10645 San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto, Monterey-Salinas
3) Chicago Bears 10606 Chicago, South Bend-Elkhart, Rockford
4) New England Patriots 9684 Boston (Manchester), Hartford-New Haven1 , Providence-New Bedford, Springfield-Holyoke
5) Philadelphia Eagles 8688 Philadelphia, Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York2
6) Carolina Panthers 8152 Charlotte, Greenville-Spartanburg-Asheville-Anderson, Greensboro--High Point--Wiston-Salem, Columbia
7) Dallas Cowboys 8071 Dallas-Fort Worth, Waco-Temple-Bryan, Sherman-Ada
8) Detroit Lions 8032 Detroit, Flint-Saginaw-Bay City, Toledo, Lansing, Windsor
9) Atlanta Falcons 6462 Atlanta, Macon
10) Houston Texans 6452 Houston, Beaumont-Port Arthur
11) Washington Redskins 5853 Washington (Hagerstown)
12) Miami Dolphins 5722 Miami-Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach-Fort Pierce
13) Minnesota Vikings 5073 Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Rochester-Mason City-Austin, Mankato
14) Cleveland Browns 4794 Cleveland-Akron (Canton), Youngstown
15) Denver Broncos 4727 Denver, Colorado Springs-Pueblo
16) Cincinnati Bengals 4666 Cincinnati, Dayton, Lexington
17) Seattle Seahawks4 4565 Seattle-Tacoma
18) Arizona Cardinals 4438 Phoenix (Prescott)
19) Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4417 Tampa-Saint Petersburg (Sarasota), Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne3
20) Pittsburgh Steelers 4396 Pittsburgh, Johnstown-Altoona-State College, Wheeling-Steubenville, Clarksburg-Weston
21) Baltimore Ravens 4248 Baltimore, Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York2 , Salisbury
22) Green Bay Packers5 4186 Milwaukee, Green Bay-Appleton, Madison
23) Saint Louis Rams 3986 Saint Louis, Champaign-Springfield-Decatur
24) Jacksonville Jaguars 3660 Jacksonville, Gainesville, Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne3
25) Indianapolis Colts 3266 Indianapolis, Terre Haute, Lafayette
26) Buffalo Bills6 2990 Buffalo, Rochester, Erie
27) Kansas City Chiefs 2903 Kansas City, Topeka, Saint Joseph
28) San Diego Chargers 2683 San Diego7
29) Tennessee Titans 2667 Nashville, Bowling Green
30) New Orleans Saints 2635 New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Biloxi-Gulfport

Seattle is ranked number 17. So it should be a middle market sized team.

Markets are rated by a 75 mile radius because that is how the NFL determines a markets size.

cdyhybrid

Seattle is ranked number 17. So it should be a middle market sized team.

Markets are rated by a 75 mile radius because that is how the NFL determines a markets size.

We're the 14th biggest metropolitan area in the country and didn't get any coverage on ESPN etc. until we won the Super Bowl. We're small market.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, I edited in important info later. ;-)

Yeah thats kinda weird because the whole state of Louisiana and Mississippi and much of Alabama bleeds black and gold. In actuality it covers a pretty sizeable area.

Hunter S.

We're the 14th biggest metropolitan area in the country and didn't get any coverage on ESPN etc. until we won the Super Bowl. We're small market.

If you have a long history of success in a smaller market to catch the attention, then you will get it. I cannot say Seattle has that, yet.

cdyhybrid

If you have a long history of success in a smaller market to catch the attention, then you will get it. I cannot say Seattle has that, yet.

Yeah, I just find the NFL's definition a bit odd. The Packers have a bigger fanbase than 2/3 of the teams they're ranked behind in that list you posted. The Steelers too.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, I just find the NFL's definition a bit odd. The Packers have a bigger fanbase than 2/3 of the teams they're ranked behind in that list you posted. The Steelers too.

MAybe its just for areas within reasonable driving distance of the stadium?
ALthough Saints fans pour in from Texas all the way to Alabama and into Arkansas for gamedays.

Hunter S.

Yeah, I just find the NFL's definition a bit odd. Green Bay has a bigger fanbase than 2/3 of the teams it's ranked behind in that list you posted.
I do not get it myself. There must be a lot of ex-raider fans in their fanbase because they are yellow bellied weasels.

So the deal CBS had with the NFL for Thursday Night Football is over..they got those games for compensation for giving up 1 game...so don't expect to see TNF on CBS tonight..

cajunator

Banned
So the deal CBS had with the NFL for Thursday Night Football is over..they got those games for compensation for giving up 1 game...so don't expect to see TNF on CBS tonight..

So its NFL Network only?

I guess that works.

By the way, fuck that NFL.com 4th and touchdown ad. Most annoying thing ever
CLICK NOW CLICK NOW CLICK NOW

Milchjon

“He’s always been someone I’ve really looked up to and studied and admired.” Brady said of Manning during his weekly news conference. “I mean, he is older than me and has more playing experience than me. Maybe when I’m his age, I’ll be playing as well as that.”

minx

Preloaded Halo MCC. Feels good. Thanks gamestop for the free money earlier this year.

Thinking I should have bought Sunset Overdrive over COD:AW because SO looks like a breath of fresh air and a fun game.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm rooting for Carolina, simply because Grover gave us a nod in the OP. But I mean, besides Cam, are there any starters left on that team?

Top Bottom