• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Bread

Banned
Don't understand football confirmed. I bet the majority of you couldn't even look at a defense and tell me what a team is playing. Cover 2? 3-4? Loading up for the Nickel
alright thanks for joining us but you can go back to not posting here again thanks

Bobandy

Banned
Every game matters lol

Don't understand football confirmed. I bet the majority of you couldn't even look at a defense and tell me what a team is playing. Cover 2? 3-4? Loading up for the Nickel?

There isn't a coach in this league that wouldn't take Manning #1 overall knowing all that he would accomplish. If Manning played for the Pats and Belichick, or the Steelers when their defense was top 5, he'd have 5+superbowls. Not just because of his play, but because he would have had the team around him that he deserves.

LOL my fave word in sports IF...guess what IF your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle...

Crisco

Banned
The problem with Dalton is there is nothing about him that scares you. Nothing you have to gameplan for. Not an elite arm talent and not a threat outside of the pocket. That makes it pretty easy on a defense, especially one that can stop the run. Cam may make more mistakes than Dalton, but you have to respect his arm and his legs or he will burn you.

So whats Mannings excuse for all those 14-2 13-3 juggernauts he brought to the playoffs...go back and watch some of those games and blame that on the "team" no it was payton air mailing every ball in sight or throwing it directly to the DBs...playoffs is the time were you see how thick your skin is...easy to beat the jags by 30 in the reg season, how you play when it matters is what counts
If the Jags had made the playoffs, he'd have beat them by 30 then as well.

Looking at Peyton's playoff flameouts, his first three were pretty ugly. You could make a case he "choked" in those, though I'd claim it's probably more like a young QB not quite knowing where his limits were. After that (2003-on), he lost to:

Brady (2)
Rivers (2)
Ben (1)
Sanchez (1)

... all of whom had good to great defenses backing them up. Losing to the Sanchize is pretty embarrassing (something Brady knows about very well!), but looking at the stats from that game, Peyton didn't play poorly at all. Basically, the excuse is: there's no need for an excuse, the whole premise is trash talk bullshit.

Which is fine, we can go along with it. But there's lots of other trash talk bullshit we have to allow as well. Such as Tom Brady having no penis, Aaron Rodgers stomach-punching cancer patients, and the entire AFC North (sans Cleveland) only employing criminals.

*sigh* Another year, another playoff loss.

The Bengals have regressed a lot this year. Yeah, there's a shitload of injuries (Green, Eifert, Jones, Gresham, Andre Smith, Burfict and in this game, Kirkpatrick and Mauluga) but that's still not an excuse. Dalton has not grown at all, and looks way worse this year then the last three. He can't respond to pressure, makes one check, then throws it away. Also, Green is quickly losing his "elite" status to me; he has a ton of drops, and there's too much miscommunication between him and Dalton for me to think it's all on Dalton. The defense is stunted, and our once super-feared pass rush is shit now. Zimmer leaving had a huge effect, and Paul Guenther is just not that good of a defensive coordinator.

I'd like to think that with the healthy pieces next year, the Bengals could have a good run, but it's past time to admit that it's not happening. Thank you Marvin Lewis for taking us out of the realm of 2-14 mediocrity, but you can't make that next step. We need a coach to instill a winning culture. Sadly though, it's not gonna happen since I'm pretty sure Mike Brown is totally satisfied with the winning season and a one-and-done team. I really wish I wasn't a Bengals fan but it's too far gone for me now.

Bleh. See you next year for another season of likely slightly above-average mediocrity.

Top Bottom