• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah fuck that, considering how much blame every other QB gets when working with subpar "weapons", I'm okay with putting some blame on Dalton.

Bobandy

Banned
If the Jags had made the playoffs, he'd have beat them by 30 then as well.

Looking at Peyton's playoff flameouts, his first three were pretty ugly. You could make a case he "choked" in those, though I'd claim it's probably more like a young QB not quite knowing where his limits were. After that (2003-on), he lost to:

Brady (2)
Rivers (2)
Ben (1)
Sanchez (1)

... all of whom had good to great defenses backing them up. Losing to the Sanchize is pretty embarrassing (something Brady knows about very well!), but looking at the stats from that game, Peyton didn't play poorly at all. Basically, the excuse is: there's no need for an excuse, the whole premise is trash talk bullshit.

Which is fine, we can go along with it. But there's lots of other trash talk bullshit we have to allow as well. Such as Tom Brady having no penis, Aaron Rodgers stomach-punching cancer patients, and the entire AFC North (sans Cleveland) only employing criminals.

woah woah woah...the brownies have employed their fair share of criminals sir!!

Another year another playoff loss for Dalton.
Another year another win for Luck vs a useless QB.
Another year another Luck vs legendary QB in the 2nd round.
Another year another Joe Elite As Fuck Flacco road victory.

Sometimes just never change.....

*Can't wait to add the lions to this list!, or a Seahawks SB!*

WTF are you smoking. Bengals one of the worst fan bases in the NFL? Laughably wrong.

We're clearly using a different metric here.

Look at practically every ranking of NFL fanbases and the Bungals are near the bottom. They struggle to sell out their stadium even when they're a playoff team. If the Browns were a perennial playoff team - even one that loses in the first round every year - Browns fans would be going absolutely batshit insane.

But the Bengals do have a handful of diehards, and a lot of them are pretty damn obnoxious. You should see an annual holiday gathering of my mother's family. It's horrible.

Bread

Banned
Heh, yes there were many daggers.
inigo.png

Josh5890

I don't know who to root for. I don't want to root for the Lions because of the b.s with that Suh ruling but I don't like rooting for Romo and the Cowboys anyway. I guess I'll just root for a good game.

But the Bengals do have a handful of diehards, and a lot of them are pretty damn obnoxious. You should see an annual holiday gathering of my mother's family. It's horrible.

Funny. I feel the exact same about the Browns fans.

EDIT: Actually, this extends to Cleveland-ers in general. My experience of Cleveland-ers talking crap about Cincinnati and building it up as the greatest city ever is abnormally high when honestly they're both kinda shitty.

Bsigg12

The NFL would have killed for this weekend of games to be as exciting as the 3 games on New Years Day on the college side. Hopefully the games next week end up being exciting.

Bring on the Colts! Go Broncos!

Crisco

Banned
Yeah fuck that, considering how much blame every other QB gets when working with subpar "weapons", I'm okay with putting some blame on Dalton.

The difference is with Dalton you know he's limited. His absolute ceiling is a poor man's Philip Rivers (think about that one): you know he'll need help. Other guys have the talent to overcome a shitty supporting cast, you know Dalton doesn't.

Top Bottom