• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

03' loss to the jets
04' loss to pats
05'pats
07' chargers
10 jets...

just to name a few...sure look at the stats of some of those they look great but never mind the disastrous picks and 4th quarters in each and every...hope I helped

The 02 season loss to the Jets was ugly, but Peyton threw 2 INT. That said that Colts team wasn't even good. They were 10-6, and 2nd in their division and thus were playing at the Jets since they won their division over the Pats (@9-7, no less). They got rocked 41-0. Both offense and defense played horribly that game, so I'm not sure how that's a complete indictment on his play, but sure, he didn't do anything to help them win that year definitely.

I'm gonna assume you mean 03 season against the Pats and not 04 since you list 04 and 05 back to back but the Colts lost to Pittsburgh in 05. His game the Pats had his number especially Ty Law with 3? Picks. But I'm not too surprised, New England had the best defense in the league, was 14-2 (I think best in thw league) and ended up winning the AFCC at home and ended up winning the Super Bowl. I like how you can chery pick that game and completely ignore the 8 TD and 0 INT he had against Denver and KC in the two previous playoff games to get to the AFCC.

They didn't play the Pats in the 05 season but I'm presuming you mean the record breaking 2004 season. Against a Patriot team with a better record 14-2 vs 12-4 and that ended up winning the Super Bowl (not to mention with the 4th best offense and 2nd best defense in the league). Don't forget they had already beaten the Colts earlier in the season. Peyton didn't throw his only INT until the end of the game when the team was already down 14 with 12 seconds to go. That was just a great Pats team, not surprised they managed to stifle him. You also forgot the 4 TD game he had against the Broncis to make it to the AFCC again.

The 07 Chargers game was pretty rough for Manning, but not a surprise given how much he struggled against the team (Im sure you would recall the 6 INT loss he had against them earlier that season). The last interception of the game was totally on him, but the fumble by Harrison (first game back from injury) and the tip INT by backup RB Kenton Keith (both in SD territory) really broke that team. In the 4th he had no INT, had a scoring drive and couldn't score on the two drives at the end of the game when he was forced to throw being down by 4. 3 TD, 2 INT, 400 Yds is not exactly a horrible game but he didn't do enough to win, sure.

I'm not seeing what he did wrong against the Jets in 2010? Not only was it against a great defense, the Colts had already lost Austin Collie for most of the year with concussions (who was Peyton's favorite receiver - you could tell by the tear he was on early that season before the first concussion). With that said, he took them on two scoring drives in the 4th, and really only lost it when Caldwell inexplicably called a timeout to give Sancheeze the chance to make a huge play to score the game winning FG. Btw, the Colts were 10-6 that season and the Jets were 11-5. Don't forget that same Jets team went to Foxboro and whipped the Patriots as well.

Basically, you haven't really shown anything that plenty of other great QBs have shown (which is losing games in the playoffs against good competition).

Doorman

Gonna be a fun watch today! This is a complete no-confidence game for me, so at worst, the team is what I already expected them to be, and things can only go up from there! Who knows, maybe Romo can still go Romo, but I don't expect much at all from our offense on the road in a playoff game unless Golden Tate pulls an 80-yard TD out of his hat at some point.

Extra playoff games in ’14 w/14 teams:
7 seed Houston (QBd by Case Keenum) at Denver.
7 seed Philly at GB, where they’d lost by 33 in Oct.

Peter King Twitter
super dumb.

They should keep it at 6. Expand the regular season an extra week first! (16 games over 18 weeks. Yes, I will keep beating this horse until it's dead)

The Bengals are in the worst position imaginable. Good, but not good enough. Similar to the Texans a few years ago. All of the pieces are in place but the qb. Only real options are to try and make Dalton a game manager, putting all of their resources into the defense and running game, find a different qb or fire the coach. They'll probably just roll with the status quo, though, making difficult decisions is too difficult for most teams.

You can pretty much count on the status quo for the Bengals until Mike Brown is dead.

fuck you joe buck

fuck you
Those are some unnecessarily harsh words for the man whose dulcet tones led us to super bowl greatness.

I used to not have problems with many NFL teams but then I started posting on gaf, so now I hate every team.
3k5Fx.gif

cashman

Banned
It's fucking 3AM in India and I am resorting to finding some shitty stream online just so I can watch the Cowboys probably lose.

... Nevertheless, Go Cowboys!

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SO HYPED

ZACK MARTIN VS SUH
ROMO VS PLAYOFFS
BEST RUSHER AND O LINE VS BEST RUSHING DEFENSE

GONNA BE GUD!

LJ11

Bengals need to upgrade the D too. You hope that Atkins gets to 80% of what he was, but they still need another DT next him, a DE opposite Dunlap, and a rangy LB. Lots of aging guys on that side of the ball.

Larry, I and the rest of NFL-GAF will be pledging you and the Ravens our swords in battle for next week. Are there any new gang signs and or stabbing techniques we should know in advance to make sure we are recognized as friend and not foe?

Larry, I and the rest of NFL-GAF will be pledging you and the Ravens our sword in battle for next week. Are there any new gang signs and or stabbing techniques we should know in advance to make sure we are recognized as friend and not foe?

The important thing is never hashtag your posts or say "restore the caw".

Top Bottom