• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

Milchjon

I too would prefer Farooq's presence over MRSA.

Speaking of terrible diseases, sounds like the age of anit-biotics is over and we're all gonna die. Legit scared.

cdyhybrid

here's some football talk:

11-8-2015_7-40-43_poptartPM_zps1hi2uxfb.gif

Look at that inspired play by a team led by the great Blaine Gabbert!

Pepiope

Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
#Eagles QB Sam Bradford MRI confirmed separated left shoulder. He wants to to play, see how he feels late in week. Also has concussion.

That's my quarterback!

He should probably sit for the Bucs and Lions anyway. Sanchez can get you a couple wins.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
#Eagles QB Sam Bradford MRI confirmed separated left shoulder. He wants to to play, see how he feels late in week. Also has concussion.

That's my quarterback!

He should probably sit for the Bucs and Lions anyway. Sanchez can get you a couple wins.

If he plays, I guess that means the injury pool is back on!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Anyway, I am done posting here. You guys are great, but this shit is too much.

LJ you are the best. You too Squicken. cashman and the rest Cowboys-GAF, you guys are great.

Later.
I'm calling bullshit!

the multiteam homer is as eznark said, a great RSS feed.

also bye felcia.

Dragon

Banned
I too would prefer Farooq's presence over MRSA.

Speaking of terrible diseases, sounds like the age of anit-biotics is over and we're all gonna die. Legit scared.

I went to the dentist today, and the guy prescribed me antibiotics for no goddamn reason. I'm like I'm not taking these. Seriously there's a reason there are more and more resistant bacteria.

Godslay

Banned
Pats are getting back Jackson, Vollmer, and Cannon on the OL probably next week.

One less reason of concern for them. Rich get richer.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Godslay your avatar creeps me out so much, but I'll learn to deal with it.

Also ugh chasing away another person who wants to talk football? C'mon man.

Outside of Sundays when I swallow sadness I look forward to Mondays in here since ez is ready to talk shop and educate fools.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Outside of Sundays when I swallow sadness I look forward to Mondays in here since ez is ready to talk shop and educate fools.

ez still hasn't explained why the Packers fucking suck

Striker

Pats are getting back Jackson, Vollmer, and Cannon on the OL probably next week.

One less reason of concern for them. Rich get richer.
It matters but their quick passing attack makes the OL less of a concern. Giants have two OT's rated negatively but with up tempo offense and quick passes, it negates that problem. That said, you need NFL caliber OL. Losing Lewis and Edleman will prove to be the biggest story for them heading forward. Both guys are tremendous for them getting YAC.

rando14

I went to the dentist today, and the guy prescribed me antibiotics for no goddamn reason. I'm like I'm not taking these. Seriously there's a reason there are more and more resistant bacteria.

I'd guess there was significant enough bleeding he gave them for prophylaxis against bacteremia, though that's usually done only if the patient has a history of dental carries or periodontal dz

EDIT: Of course most likely he's just practicing CYA medicine

Godslay

Banned

You will love it, or it will love you!

I'll probably change it this weekend, retire the old feller.

It matters but their quick passing attack makes the OL less of a concern. Giants have two OT's rated negatively but with up tempo offense and quick passes, it negates that problem. That said, you need NFL caliber OL. Losing Lewis and Edleman will prove to be the biggest story for them heading forward. Both guys are tremendous for them getting YAC.

I agree. I've argued that with Gronk and Brady that the offense will still be above average with even terrible OL. So far it's proven to be true.

Edelman hurts, as he's utility player for the entire team. He adds an extra dimension, that I feel Amendola doesn't.

Lewis is the cherry on top. Impact player, but let's be real in that it's Gronk and Brady that make the engine run.

Man, if only Rodgers knew how to come from behind.

Maybe Munn can teach him.

This is clever.

Vire

Is this the worst season of football in over twenty years? I think so..

@AdamSchefter There are now only 11 NFL teams with a winning record, the fewest entering Week 11 since 1990.

MechDX

Charles James Is Making His Mark With the Houston Texans

Houston Texans Charles James has been the symbol of everything good with the game of football. We talked to the man that wears his "Happy Socks" and the football player that is making a difference.

When James did not make the Giants camp in 2014, Antrel Rolle took to twitter to voice his disapproval for his team letting go of James.

“Charles James has the heart of a lion and is exactly what any organization should have on their team,” said Rolle via twitter. “In this league you witness many things,” Rolle wrote. “Something you agree with and some you don't but no matter what you have to keep fighting and keep driving to be the player you can be and the best teammate you can be. BUT THIS ONE HURTS!”

He also added that James had “hard work, smiles, dedication and (for) making countless plays.”

“It is tough. This league is crazy and that motivated me, and it was a rough time,” said James of the trip to San Francisco to face the 49ers as a Raven.

This is how James explained that day which saw his first chance to play a NFL game taken away before it even started.

“I actually traveled on that flight and actually traveled to San Francisco. It is Friday, the day before the game. You go through your regular routine of meetings and get ready to eat breakfast and they tell you that you’re cut,” explained James. “I’m like 'Damn, I am cut in the middle of California?' But I don’t know California.”

His role has evolved. He is more than just the special teams player the team envisioned. He has turned into a viable nickel cornerback for the defense with Kareem Jackson coming back from his injury. He has worked himself into the rotation and he played more defensive plays on Monday with 48 than he ever had, entering the game with 34 career snaps.

James does not take the moment he is in lightly, he appreciates where he is at and he makes sure he remember where he started, using it as motivation not to go back down that road.

Maybe it is his genuine appreciation for the game he plays, “I am happy, man. I enjoy the game so much. I love this game. This is my passion, it runs deep. I hope I can play it for a long time,” said James.

People were wrong about James, us at State of the Texans included, and he goes out there to prove his doubters wrong. During meetings, practice, and games, James is not letting a moment pass him without appreciating what is at hand.

Nice write up on Charles James III ,aka "Happy Socks" from Hard Knocks, from State of the Texans. I was shocked to see him Monday as the starting nickel CB in that game but he played pretty damn well actually. We all need some feel good stories form this league and Charles is one of them.

Also looking back on that last episode of Hard Knocks, with hindsight of course, seems O'Brien was really wanting to keep James on the roster but was talked into choosing Jumal Rolle by Rick Smith instead as the 7th CB. Rolle was released yesterday.

Go on with your bad self Charles.

jakncoke

Banned

@AdamSchefter There are now only 11 NFL teams with a winning record, the fewest entering Week 11 since 1990.

or the most parity with so many teams that close and not gaining gap?

edit: 12 teams are 5-5 or 4-5

Line_HTX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 21m21 minutes ago

Since sacks became an official stat in 1982, the only player with more sacks than Watt's 66.5 in first 5 seasons was Reggie White (81).

Pretty good company, wienke. Those local H-E-B commercials paying off, lol.

MechDX

EZ has a sad because both his elite QB's failed this weekend.

ampere

Pats are undefeated. It's not a bad season so far

Crisco

Banned
I swear, before every game, the opposing coach inflate's Cam's physical attributes a little more,

“Yeah, a little bit,” said coach Jay Gruden. “He's doing some of that, which is good, but, you know, to envision to emulate a guy that's 6-foot-6, 265 pounds is a little bit different. But with some of the zone-read packages, they've seen a little bit with Kirk [Cousins] and Robert. Then, obviously, Robert is excellent at that, so we will use him effectively in that area.”

By the time the playoff's start Cam's going to be 6'8" 290.

Top Bottom