• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

Happy Saturday!

270full-michael-jackson.jpg

Good morning everyone

I would probably say that Im not qualified to post in any other NFL thread, but I think I'm qualified to post in this one.

I feel the same way sometimes. It's not like Cleveland plays football. More like running around in a circle and then takes a collective shit on the field.

Also I'm ready for the start of Ohio state's regular season. :)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Good morning everyone

I feel the same way sometimes. It's not like Cleveland plays football. More like running around in a circle and then takes a collective shit on the field.

Also I'm ready for the start of Ohio state's regular season. :)

I like printers gif where literal shit just rains from the sky instead and they call it football

What does Flacco's price have to do with anything? Harbaugh knew what team he was going to have going into this season.

You didn't answer my question. What does Harbaugh bring to this team? Every team declines, that itself Harbaugh cannot be blamed for. What is he doing to mold the team in his image?

Just this past offseason Harbaugh was heralded as one of the top 3 coaches in the entire league by multiple sources. Is all there is to being a top coach the talent you have? If that's the case you may as well fire Harbaugh now.

The sticker thing is ... laughable really. These are grown men, ffs. This reeks of that line from The Incredibles where he laments about rewarding mediocrity.

That being said, the Ravens aren't really as bad as their record indicates. They've been in every--or almost every--game they've played. I would truly love them to suck even worse forever and ever, but in all honesty blarry has known for years that Flacco is a joke QB, and now that he's been paid and they couldn't afford his weapons and the refs stopped calling every single "fuck it and chuck it" play as DPI... well, we're seeing the real Flacco.

The Steelers have gone through their cycle as well, and Tomlin managed to keep us at least at 8-8 for a couple of seasons. But let's face it, Ben is better than Flacco, and we've drafted better as well.

I would say that if the Ravens continue to suck for more than one season, then the pressure to fire Harbs and replace him with someone who can mold a new identity onto whatever roster Newsome puts in place will ratchet up. For now, his SB win and the fact he's saddled with an average QB being paid elite money will grant him (and to some extent Newsome) a couple seasons of rebuilding.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Still drizzling here in the medical district

We should have an NFL GAF meetup in Houston for everyone in the thread. It's clear Houston is the official thread city.

MechDX

Still drizzling here in the medical district

We should have an NFL GAF meetup in Houston for everyone in the thread. It's clear Houston is the official thread city.

We should meet up for the inevitable wild card game vs. the Bengals. We can all makes signs: "Fuck Red Ryder, the Bengals and EZ! Yaterade biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!"

Jason Witten Not Necessarily a Lock For The HOF

There are only eight tight ends in the Hall, and Charlie Sanders, an all-decade pick from the 1970s, had to wait 25 years to get in as a senior. Ron Kramer, who joined Mackey on the 50th anniversary team, has never even been discussed as a finalist. He's been eligible now for 43 years. Ben Coates, an all-decade pick from the 1990s, also has never been discussed. He's been eligible for 10 years.

So slow down on the Hall of Fame talk for Witten -- and slam the brakes on the first-ballot talk. There has never been a first-ballot Hall of Fame tight end. The shortest wait has been three years.

Sure, Witten's statistics will be impressive. He needs eight catches Sunday against the Dolphins to become just the 11th player in NFL history -- and just the second tight end -- with 1,000 career catches. He's also one of four tight ends in the 10,000-yard club.

But he's lacking in other areas that could close the deal for him.

There are 295 members of the Hall of Fame, and 68.3 percent of them wear championship rings. Witten is ring-less. The Cowboys have won two playoff games in his 13-year career. Shannon Sharpe retired as the NFL's all-time leading receiver at the tight end position and won three Super Bowl rings -- and it still took him three years to get enshrined.

The question will be asked of Witten's candidacy: What did he do with all those receptions?

Not many of them have wound up in the end zone -- only 59 of 992. Tony Gonzalez set the tight end record with 111. Antonio Gates, a contemporary of Witten now in his 13th season, has 101 career touchdowns. Rob Gronkowski is in just his sixth season with the Patriots and already has 62.

And Witten has averaged only 11.0 yards per career catch. Hall of Famer Jackie Smith averaged 16.5 yards, Mackey 15.8, Ditka 13.6, Gates 12.7 and Hall of Fame Kellen Winslow 12.5. Gronkowski is averaging 14.5 yards per catch.

Discuss

Top Bottom