• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

I don't think it was arrogance so much as their cap was fucked up.

Seriously, they went all-in just last season. Remember when they spent an obscene amount of money to bring in Jairus Byrd? Anyone who thinks they cheaped out hasn't been paying attention. And the Graham trade was incredible for them. A premier center and a first-round pick? For a one-dimensional, past-his-prime tight end? The Saints front office is doing work; it's just hard to field a competitive team when you're salary cap explodes.

harSon

Banned
The defense has been getting good pressure for both games now. I love the athleticism we have with the young guys. We are getting good push and our LBs are killing it.

The secondary is just too raw but my hope was that they could become slightly above average with some seasoning by the end of the season.

Williams has been very good so far and I hope the coaches can figure out how to keep both him and Bell involved in the offense. We don't want to overuse Bell like we did last season but it can be tough to work both backs into the offense where they both get the right amount of touches.

Yeah, for the first time in a while, I'm confident that our defense is at least heading in the right direction. Really sucks that Golson is out for the year though. I think the defensive line and linebackers are shaping up to be enough of a disruption to mask a mediocre to average secondary, and I think we're a worthwhile safety from reaching that status with our secondary.

Yeah, for the first time in a while, I'm confident that our defense is at least heading in the right direction. Really sucks that Golson is out for the year though. I think the defensive line and linebackers are shaping up to be enough of a disruption to mask a mediocre to average secondary, and I think we're a worthwhile safety from reaching that status with our secondary.

Shazier wrecked us and had a relatively low rating on the PFF this morning further confirming PFF ratings are fucking stupid. Kap also had a higher rating than roofles lulz

Gigglepoo

Shazier wrecked us and had a relatively low rating on the PFF this morning further confirming PFF ratings are fucking stupid. Kap also had a higher rating than roofles lulz

He only wrecked us in the first half... when the game still mattered. Ratings probably take in the entire game. But, yes, most ratings are little more than trivia. Except when you're talking about the Eagles running game.

I don't

I want to see the fitz from last year when he played the titans.

You just wanna see the Colts lose.. How it happens doesn't matter.. Plus I honestly think it's gonna be a game of fuckery.

Also for you Dega, thank you again for supporting The Browns.

Fuck the Colts.

cashman

Banned
Joshua Gleason ‏@JGleas 44m44 minutes ago
Jason Garrett said Sean Lee received the highest ever game grade according to their metrics. High grade over at @PFF too

It's gonna bum me out when he gets injured again.

lol here comes the seachickens "dont NOBODY believed in us!" talk

"We're a bunch of percentage beaters," Bennett said. "We're a bunch of guys who are low-round draft picks. We're a bunch of guys that [people said] can't do it. We're definitely percentage beaters. We're not really worried about the percentages that people make up."

i guess whatever you need to get your dick hard but it's funny to continuously hear this type of stuff from seahawks players over the past few years despite the fact that they have been at the top of the power rankings/superbowl predictions every year for the past 3 or so years

It's gonna bum me out when he gets injured again.

"according to their metrics"

Metric 1: Is your name sean lee? +100 points on our scale (the scale is on a rating from 1-99)

WedgeX

Banned
Before people take the story too far, Stafford is not out for week 3. My money would be on him still playing, he's just banged up and will probably not be at 100% but he's still the best (only) option we have. Caldwell doesn't confirm anything about any player's health whatsoever, I'm amazed people even still bother asking because the reply is always the same: "You'll get the injury report on Wednesday," at which point he'll be listed as questionable because why bother giving anything away?

Either way, be it a hurt Stafford or a fresh Orlovsky, the game-plan for the Broncos defense really won't change at all. Cover the 5-10 yard passing routes, keep an eye on screens, and rush the QB. Instant win. All Peypey will have to do is throw over the middle because we have nobody there who can cover receivers. Add on the fact that it's a national Sunday Night game and I don't expect this to be a very close contest.

I expected the Lions would take a step back after last year, and likely miss the playoffs, but holy geez I did not expect this level of ineptitude to resurface, at least not this quickly. Disappointing, too, because I don't even think it will be enough to broom anybody out of town, making the season a total waste on both sides and setting up for even further mediocrity next year.

Stafford will still be worth at least +2 points since he won't run out the back of the endzone regardless.

Although the Lions could always sign Tebown to let him play a quarter, boost jersey sales, and then bring Stafford back in for the eventual loss.

What has baffled me about the last two weeks is, if Tulloch is sub-par as can be expected for returning from an ACL and Levy is still on his way back from injury, why the hell is Josh Bynes the leading linebacker in snaps when Tahir Whitehead performed admirably last year when Tulloch went out. Mindboggling. I understand the offensive line problems, the defensive line being less effective...but the linebackers not at all.

lol here comes the seachickens "dont NOBODY believed in us!" talk

i guess whatever you need to get your dick hard but it's funny to continuously hear this type of stuff from seahawks players over the past few years despite the fact that they have been at the top of the power rankings/superbowl predictions every year for the past 3 or so years

Dumb when Rey Mysterio did it, dumb now.

Doorman

What has baffled me about the last two weeks is, if Tulloch is sub-par as can be expected for returning from an ACL and Levy is still on his way back from injury, why the hell is Josh Bynes the leading linebacker in snaps when Tahir Whitehead performed admirably last year when Tulloch went out. Mindboggling. I understand the offensive line problems, the defensive line being less effective...but the linebackers not at all.

I don't know what the deal is with Whitehead, but I remember hearing rumblings during training camp and the preseason this year that he'd somehow been slipping on the depth chart quite a bit, and was turning into the late-game mop up guy during the preseason games in particular. I don't know if he just got worse, or if something happened behind closed doors that put him in the coaching doghouse or what. I kinda doubt he'd somehow become the answer to our linebacking woes, though. I've been harping on the lack of strength in that unit for several years now, Levy is still the only quality player we've drafted to address it and I think we're finally starting to see the payment for largely ignoring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom