• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Steelers Depot ‏@Steelersdepot 40s41 seconds ago

"I still consider myself a #Steelers fan until we play them." ~ Aaron Donald

Donald straight up for Landry Jones. Who says no?

1442480929246504336.jpg

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Closing-Bell/2015/09/22/Raiders.aspx

http://deadspin.com/raiders-give-middle-finger-to-the-nfl-refuse-to-put-go-1732478182

markdavislol.jpg

the real reason is the Raiders are probably too broke to do it

Spinluck

It's interesting to see so many talk about how Andre Johnson has lost it/is too old/etc.

This is the same guy that put up 85/936/3 with the poo poo platter of Fitzpatrick/Keenum/Mallett last year. Suddenly 9 months later he's got a giant fork sticking out of his back?

I don't know if I'm buying that.

Johnson has looked terrible. I'm sorry, I know you want to put it all on Luck based off all your post and I'm not gonna alleviate him of the blame, but Johnson has been shit.

Maybe it's the system, but if you're implying that Luck is what is holding him back, then your post is laughable. Texan fans warned me all off season about him and I didn't listen. But he might have less left in the tank than I thought.

Also it's game 2, and he's playing in a different system, with guys that Luck is more comfortable with chemistry wise. Luck's QBR has been like 121 when throwing to Moncrief, and dogshit when targeting Johnson. 3 of his INTs this season have been targets to Johnson.

The guy looks like a shell of his former self at the moment, getting beat physically, and getting like no separation at all when manned up. So please elaborate on why you don't buy this when everyone else has seen with their two eyes that he's been playing like ass lol.

Spare me of every one is giving Luck a pass. His shit play has headlined on most sport sites I use.

Eleuin

Jake Matthews and Vic Beasley have been grading well with PFF so far this season. Beasley seemed like he was turning the corner on Flowers on a more regular basis than I expected.

Surprised at how respected Desmond Trufant has been treated so far this season, best kept secret it seems

D. Orlando Ledbetter ‏@DOrlandoAJC Sep 21
#Falcons CB Desmond Trufant was not targeted once in coverage. He was the only corner in the NFL who played 70+ snaps to do this. @PFF

Knox Bardeen ‏@knoxbardeen Sep 21
No NFL CB that's played at least 75% of his team's snaps has been thrown toward less than Desmond Trufant (4 times in 2 games). (via @PFF)

bionic77

Steelers Depot ‏@Steelersdepot 40s41 seconds ago

"I still consider myself a #Steelers fan until we play them." ~ Aaron Donald

Donald straight up for Landry Jones. Who says no?
We are giving up too much.

But I am persuaded by the fact that he obviously has amazing good taste.

RBH

Surprised at how respected Desmond Trufant has been treated so far this season, best kept secret it seems

Yup, I should've mentioned Trufant too. Perhaps staying on one side of the field this year (in contrast to switching sides last year) is making a difference for him.

Miracle

It's interesting to see so many talk about how Andre Johnson has lost it/is too old/etc.

This is the same guy that put up 85/936/3 with the poo poo platter of Fitzpatrick/Keenum/Mallett last year. Suddenly 9 months later he's got a giant fork sticking out of his back?

Kind of a shame too if it's true. For all his career, the best QB to throw to him was Schaub. Not that he was terrible (wasn't he a two time pro bowler?), but the real damage he could have done if he had an Andrew Luck for his career.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's crazy that out of the shitty QBs swapping teams over and over the past few years the best of them all are probably Fitzmagic and Sanchize.

As to the Seahawk's miracle catch, it felt just like the similar ones in the two Giant Superbowls. Exactly the same.

Players fall off a cliff after having good seasons all the time.

Bowser

Johnson has looked terrible. I'm sorry, I know you want to put it all on Luck based off all your post and I'm not gonna alleviate him of the blame, but Johnson has been shit.

Maybe it's the system, but if you're implying that Luck is what is holding him back, then your post is laughable. Texan fans warned me all off season about him and I didn't listen. But he might have less left in the tank than I thought.

Also it's game 2, and he's playing in a different system, with guys that Luck is more comfortable with chemistry wise. Luck's QBR has been like 121 when throwing to Moncrief, and dogshit when targeting Johnson. 3 of his INTs this season have been targets to Johnson.

The guy looks like a shell of his former self at the moment, getting beat physically, and getting like no separation at all when manned up. So please elaborate on why you don't buy this when everyone else has seen with their two eyes that he's been playing like ass lol.

Spare me of every one is giving Luck a pass. His shit play has headlined on most sport sites I use.

I wasn't trying to say it's Luck fault that Johnson has looked like dog shit at all. He has looked bad and he is struggling to get separation for sure. I'm just saying I find it hard to fathom that a guy that put up those kinds of numbers with subpar QBs just last season could lose it so quickly. It was more of taking issue with the guys saying Andre is done/washed up than proclaiming Luck is worse than Fitz/Keenum or holding Andre back.

I think you're right with the system and chemistry parts. It's no coincidence Luck has that high QBR throwing to Moncrief IMO - they've been together for a few years and I'm sure Luck trusts him to be in the right spot and has way more reps, live or practice, than he does with Andre.

I do hope that the Andre we've seen these first two weeks isn't the Andre that we're going to see for the rest of this year - it'd be a shame for his career to end like that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Luck's Colts look exactly like Manning's Colts in the early 2000's. It's eerie. Too bad the Colts can't draft as well as they did back then.

Spinluck

Kind of a shame too if it's true. For all his career, the best QB to throw to him was Schaub. Not that he was terrible (wasn't he a two time pro bowler?), but the real damage he could have done if he had an Andrew Luck for his career.

Colts just need to realize he is a #3 now. Put him in the slot and make him a possession guy. Dude is getting clowned right now. Dropped a few easy catches, and getting beat on contested balls he used to reel in.

Hell, last night Luck threw a pass intended for Allen, and the AJ tipped it up for grabs which led to an INT. But hey, I'm not buying that he's not playing well!

Spinluck

I wasn't trying to say it's Luck fault that Johnson has looked like dog shit at all. He has looked bad and he is struggling to get separation for sure. I'm just saying I find it hard to fathom that a guy that put up those kinds of numbers with subpar QBs just last season could lose it so quickly. It was more of taking issue with the guys saying Andre is done/washed up than proclaiming Luck is worse than Fitz/Keenum or holding Andre back.

I think you're right with the system and chemistry parts. It's no coincidence Luck has that high QBR throwing to Moncrief IMO - they've been together for a few years and I'm sure Luck trusts him to be in the right spot and has way more reps, live or practice, than he does with Andre.

I do hope that the Andre we've seen these first two weeks isn't the Andre that we're going to see for the rest of this year - it'd be a shame for his career to end like that.

My fault, it just seemed to echo your tone of last night's game. I am in no way condoning Luck's play, but AJ has been bad. I think he'll end up being decent, but right now he needs more reps with Luck.

I think they should move him around more, right now they are trying to use him like they used Reggie and it just looks bad.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

that usually how it happens, yes.

Also you post those numbers, those numbers are shit compared to just about any other year he wasn't injured.

Miracle

Colts just need to realize he is a #3 now. Put him in the slot and make him a possession guy. Dude is getting clowned right now. Dropped a few easy catches, and getting beat on contested balls he used to reel in.

Hell, last night Luck threw a pass intended for Allen, and the AJ tipped it up for grabs which led to an INT. But hey, I'm not buying that he's not playing well!

I only mentioned how that now AJ has a good QB to throw at him, he's too old to be as effective anymore.

Shame. :(

Spinluck

Luck's Colts look exactly like Manning's Colts in the early 2000's. It's eerie. Too bad the Colts can't draft as well as they did back then.

I've talked about this lol. 2001 is when Polian decided to can Mora and the staff. That team started 2-0 and ended being toast because of shit defense, I think it might've been the franchise worst in points allowed. We lost James which was devastating, and Manning was sacked like crazy that year. Polian shuffled around for defensive stop gaps (similar to Grigson lol), and they were terrible! The best thing about that season was that it was Manning's last losing season, and we got the Jim Mora playoff speech.

Could Pagano be Luck's Jim Mora!?

So yeah I think I'm moving to the Worst Coast in like 5-10 years.

The weather, the women, not having to dodge racist hillbilly fucks at every turn ([REDACTED] notwithstanding) are too nice.

Striker

Jake Matthews and Vic Beasley have been grading well with PFF so far this season. Beasley seemed like he was turning the corner on Flowers on a more regular basis than I expected.
Flowers got his ankle rolled in Week 1 and has been playing hurt. It seems he may miss the Thursday game :(

I wanna punch the guy opposite of me in the face, just because of the fact that with all the open seats on this goddamn fucking train, this asshat has to sit opposite of me. Tall motherfucker needs to keep his fucking legs to himself before I strangle him with his own legs.

Top Bottom