• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

You have a problem now. if he sucks 8 weeks in you'll have a some choices to make, namely top ten draft prospects.

No they do not. The NFC East is horrifically bad this year. An 8-8 team has a real shot at winning it. Eagles are a missed field goal away from being 2-1, everyone is overreacting after how bad the offense as a whole looked against Dallas. When QBs switch teams and are in a new system it is expected that it will take some time for them to get comfortable, now compound that by having the QB miss most of the previous 2 seasons. There is still a lot of time for him to get things turned around.

Sanjuro

:lol
Yeah ur trolling

How?

Gabbert has...what? A season an a half or so sample size playing for an NFL Europe quality team? Mallett has only a few games under his belt for a team that somewhat resembles a professional team.

I don't see how you can reach much of a conclusion in direct comparison. The answer is that he probably is better, but he hasn't done anything.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Not even going to lie I'm near my wits end with the Browns.

You guys know me, I'll be here hell or high water but I haven't EVER been this discouraged about this team.

I'm tired of the regime changes, the constant failures, players regressing, have absolutely ZERO playmakers on either side of the ball because our GM is so risk averse.

I won't jump ship, I'm stuck here for eternity but it just stinks and I haven't even been a fan for a decade yet. Yes I know shame circle and all but at least the other teams give me a shred of optimism or give me something to cling on to.

Joe Thomas is pretty much all I have and at this point I'd have no problem with them trading him away from this cesspool and putting him on a real team who can give him the championship he deserves.

That's what you get for following every Lake Ontario team and then randomly the Browns. If you had rooted for the home team, rather than some odd ass team hundreds of miles away, you wouldn't be sitting here now crying into your Kraft dinner.

But it's not too late kitty. Renounce your bandwagon jumping past and join us in the glorious Buffalo Bills-lead future. Because, as you are well aware, nobody circles the wagons like the motherfucking Buffalo Bills.

eznark

Banned
53.2% completion 2.9% TD rate 3.1% int rate 4.8 AY/A 10.5 Y/C

53.4% completion 2.6% TD rate 2.6% int rate 4.6 AY/A 9.8 Y/C

Which career is which. Gabbert v. Mallet

Which is CLEARLY better? Who was in a better situation when they put up their numbers?

Pepiope

You have a problem now. if he sucks 8 weeks in you'll have a some choices to make, namely top ten draft prospects.
No. He is new to the team, and hasn't played football in 2 years. This is a special circumstance. If this were Nick Foles who played this poorly out of the gate again, then okay, you'd have a point, but this is a new QB, a new system for him, and he's just getting back in the groove of playing NFL games. The talent is there, and we have time to see if he can put it all together.

gutshot

I think we need more than 3 games to decide that the QB is clearly not working. He did play against the Jets yesterday, a team that has forced 10 turnovers the past 2 games, and have a well above average CB tandem. If he sucks 8 weeks in, we have a problem, right now, we don't. Luckily enough, the entire NFC East sucks, so we can afford to watch this play out without killing the season.

No they do not. The NFC East is horrifically bad this year. An 8-8 team has a real shot at winning it. Eagles are a missed field goal away from being 2-1, everyone is overreacting after how bad the offense as a whole looked against Dallas. When QBs switch teams and are in a new system it is expected that it will take some time for them to get comfortable, now compound that by having the QB miss most of the previous 2 seasons. There is still a lot of time for him to get things turned around.

Sorry, but going 8-8 and getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs doesn't excite me. We need a franchise QB. I give Chip credit for trying with Bradford, but it just isn't working out.

Exhibit A:
http://chipwagon.typepad.com/eagles/2015/09/the-eagles-passing-game-is-a-hot-mess.html

Exhibit B:
http://chipwagon.typepad.com/eagles...sigh-of-relief-but-qb-struggles-continue.html

Maybe he turns it around at some point this season, but given how bad he has looked so far and given his career to date, I'm not holding my breath.

Sanjuro

53.2% completion 2.9% TD rate 3.1% int rate 4.8 AY/A 10.5 Y/C

53.4% completion 2.6% TD rate 2.6% int rate 4.6 AY/A 9.8 Y/C

Which career is which. Gabbert v. Mallet

Which is CLEARLY better? Who was in a better situation when they put up their numbers?

Based on the response, I figured there would be more takers. Seems they are clearly more concerned on which advert Tony Romo is the best in.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You're not a Browns or Bears fan though.

I know! Buffalo isn't as bad as the Bears! Or Dolphins! Or Jets! Or more than half the league! Do you know how long it's been since that's been a real thing? We're legitimately a top ten team at the moment! Sure it's only week 3 and Buffalo started hot last year before fizzing out like a 10 year old can of Dr. Thunder!

But this year? This year is going to be different! Buffalo is going to one and done the playoffs this year! The sky's the limit, baby!

Gobias

Banned
Not even going to lie I'm near my wits end with the Browns.

You guys know me, I'll be here hell or high water but I haven't EVER been this discouraged about this team.

I'm tired of the regime changes, the constant failures, players regressing, have absolutely ZERO playmakers on either side of the ball because our GM is so risk averse.

I won't jump ship, I'm stuck here for eternity but it just stinks and I haven't even been a fan for a decade yet. Yes I know shame circle and all but at least the other teams give me a shred of optimism or give me something to cling on to.

Joe Thomas is pretty much all I have and at this point I'd have no problem with them trading him away from this cesspool and putting him on a real team who can give him the championship he deserves.

Just learn to hate yourself and you'll love to cheer for the Browns.

I know! Buffalo isn't as bad as the Bears! Or Dolphins! Or Jets! Or more than half the league! Do you know how long it's been since that's been a real thing? We're legitimately a top ten team at the moment! Sure it's only week 3 and Buffalo started hot last year before fizzing out like a 10 year old can of Dr. Thunder!

But this year? This year is going to be different! Buffalo is going to one and done the playoffs this year! The sky's the limit, baby!
Did you enjoy the game last week

Pepiope

Keep fucking that chicken that is Bradford. I hope you guys give him a JJ Watt type deal and he retires an eagle in 15 years.
15 may be pushing it, but he could be here for the next 10 before riding off in the sunset with his 3-4 SB rings. Thank you for your kind wishes.

eznark

Banned
only idiots calculate YPA without incompletions.

I thought someone of your intellect knew how to calculate YPA.

So do you just pretend Y/C doesn't exist?

Your point was that Mallet pushes the ball downfield while Gabbert doesn't. Incompletions have nothing to do with that argument. If we want to compare how vertical a QB plays, you need to look at incompletions.

Instead of bastardizing a very simple stat you'd probably be better served using AY/A or ANY/A,though those still don't give QB's a pass for all incompletions.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
So do you just pretend Y/C doesn't exist?

Your point was that Mallet pushes the ball downfield while Gabbert doesn't. Incompletions have nothing to do with that argument. If we want to compare how vertical a QB plays, you need to look at incompletions.

well, actually, my first point was "this is what happens when you only look at stats and not the play"

Sorry, but you cannot sit there and tell me that Mallet isn't better than Gabbert. I saw him play at least 2 times a year for his very brief time in Jacksonville.

Great, their stats are similar. The difference being Gabbert looked fucking lost the vast majority of the time. Mallet does not.

No one in the Texans fan base is pretending he's great. He's been average at best, so far and there is hope for improvement. His two wins he's had greater than 60% completion percentage. His two losses he's had less than that.

We're not Yankeehater over here defending Sam fucking Bradford. I stated in that post Mallet needs to get better. Otherwise he's going to find himself in another QB competition next year with a first round draft pick.

he's better and looked better than brian hoyer, and that's really all I care about right now cause those are the only two options since Savage is on IR.

...that doesn't answer the question at all. You are hinging your argument on "this is what happens when you don't watch the actual game."

Going vertical doesn't mean a heck of a lot when you aren't successful in any area of the game.
he was successful yesterday. And he was successful on third down, so there goes that argument of "not successful in any area of the game"

You mean the greatest superman movie?

Yes sir, I have tickets for the special screening.

If you wake up at 6 AM feeling like a child on Christmas morning just remember... Santa hates your ass and is waiting for you downstairs with a baseball bat. Go back to sleep.

This is good advice, thank you friend. I hope you have measures in place to avoid watching as well since it's not that early on your end.

Sanjuro

Great, their stats are similar. The difference being Gabbert looked fucking lost the vast majority of the time. Mallet does not.

What would Ryan Mallet look like in Jacksonville?

he was successful yesterday. And he was successful on third down, so there goes that argument of "not successful in any area of the game"

Glad he has the most successful game in his career under his belt.

19-9 over the Bucs.

Trey

Yeah, congrats on that. Buffalo only scored 33 points on the best team in the league. At least our fanbase isn't made up of a bunch of insecure little bandwagon jumping bitches.

lol, zero to a hundred real quick. Facts though.

I was going to bring it up last night. Only people still talking about deflated footballs are insecure Patriots fans.

Top Bottom