• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Farooq

Banned
What's absurd is how off we were playing considering the distance of the throws. It's not completely absurd, you go press man and here come the rubs/picks. Also, absurd how often the Pats run playaction when they rarely run, teams still fall for it.

I remember reading an analytics website (can't remember the name), that PA effectiveness is not necessarily about how effective the run game is but rather the down and distance/game situation.

Which makes sense to me, defenses are less likely to bite on action if it is 3rd and 20.

h1nch

Any team that decided to move to SA would make bank. You get SA and Austin market and all of south Texas probably bit of northern Mexico ie border towns. Raiders would be cool just because of the matching colors with the spurs.

I've read some conflicting stuff on this. Back when there was talk of the Saints moving here the argument against it was that SA's blue-collar demographic would not be willing to pay typical NFL ticket prices, SA's TV market is mediocre at best, and the Alamodome would need lots of upgrades to meet a minimum NFL standard. Some of those factors may have changed in the years since, but I'm still skeptical.

As a Broncos fan it would hurt me to see the Raiders move here. I don't want Mark Davis and his stupid haircut anywhere near this city. Rams I'd be OK with.

I do agree though having an NFL team with matching Spurs colors would be kinda cool.

Zeke

I don't like your tone either...
Truth man, spurs are gonna nasty this season.

San Antonio is the most boring city in America, they could use a football team.
Lots changes going on right now and lots of new buildings and renovations being done. Stay out of the tourist traps downtown. Tourism is our bread and butter tho so I understand people flocking down there.

Tom Penny

One more day in Euro land then i have to take a shitty Canuck airline back home :( The Agean airline had like super model stuardess from Athens to Santorini.

LJ11

I remember reading an analytics website (can't remember the name), that PA effectiveness is not necessarily about how effective the run game is but rather the down and distance/game situation.

Which makes sense to me, defenses are less likely to bite on action if it is 3rd and 20.

Definitely makes sense. Ball handling is critical, you need to keep teams as honest as possible. Have to keep the threat alive even though may not be there, make D defend all aspects, every inch of field.

eznark

Banned
Truth man, spurs are gonna nasty this season.

Lots changes going on right now and lots of new buildings and renovations being done. Stay out of the tourist traps downtown. Tourism is our bread and butter tho so I understand people flocking down there.

The Alamo was cool. I went on a cool bike trail, but that was it. River walk is neat one night. Didn't seem like there was much else. It felt very small.

h1nch

The Alamo was cool. I went on a cool bike trail, but that was it. River walk is neat one night. Didn't seem like there was much else. It felt very small.

Downtown SA was built to appeal to tourists who visit from shittier places. Southtown, and The Pearl are both cool, but outside of that the rest of the city is a giant suburban wasteland and a good chunk of the local population is perfectly OK with that for some reason.

Zeke is correct in that they've finally started investing in downtown, but TBH I don't expect the benefits to be realized for at least a few decades.

Zeke

They have actually expanded it. Mission reach, museum reach, eagle head and downtown is 13 miles. San Pedro creek is getting ready for redevelopment pretty soon too. Theres been a big push to restore downtown which is nice. We used to have sky teams back in day downtown I really wish they would bring those back. Hemisfair park downtown is getting a major overhaul too should be beautiful once it's done. You have to get out of downtown for better feel. Overall SA is still a big city with a small city feel that will change in time tho
Downtown SA was built to appeal to tourists who visit from shittier places. Southtown, and The Pearl are both cool, but outside of that the rest of the city is a giant suburban wasteland and a good chunk of the local population is perfectly OK with that for some reason.

Zeke is correct in that they've finally started investing in downtown, but TBH I don't expect the benefits to be realized for at least a few decades.
Yup it's gonna be awhile but we're getting there. Also it's mostly cheap asses that fight any form of change here cause "mah tax monies!" Those people need to fuck off and move out of the city so the rest of us can actually invest in our city and move up.

Farooq

Banned
Definitely makes sense. Ball handling is critical, you need to keep teams as honest as possible. Have to keep the threat alive even though may not be there, make D defend all aspects, every inch of field.

Walsh was always talking about having multiple dimensions to an offense, so you are not running through a brick wall so to speak.

Even still, I like to think of Manning when he was with the Colts in regards to PA. PA was a big part of his game, and there were a handful of seasons where he could coast on the run game.

Then there was Romo and the Cowboys run game last year. I think the amount of PA plays they ran were near the bottom of league, even though they ran the ball more than most teams.

Not related to the discussion but I wonder if some QBs are just not comfortable running PA. I mean it is not easy having your back turned to the defense for the action to then turn around and find a place to deliver the ball.

RBH

DTNRlh9.png

I hate for any team to move in general (as a Thrashers fan, I know the feeling), but if any team is going to move to LA, then the Rams would be the most suitable option (sorry St. Louis fans). They've got a past history with the city, have more fans in the area than the Chargers or Raiders, and the divisions don't have to be re-aligned. Plus, no taxpayer money involved in the stadium either (if I remember correctly), in contrast to the Carson project.

I hate for any team to move in general (as a Thrashers fan, I know the feeling), but if any team is going to move to LA, then the Rams would be the most suitable option (sorry St. Louis fans). They've got a past history with the city, have more fans in the area than the Chargers or Raiders, and the divisions don't have to be re-aligned. Plus, no taxpayer money involved in the stadium either (if I remember correctly), in contrast to the Carson project.

Agreed and as much as St.Louis won't admit..

1) they give more of a damn about the Cardinals

2) there is still the Chiefs

BigAT

Giants stuff:

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
WR Victor Cruz (calf) and CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (concussion) are both on the field warming up. Both have already been declared out.

Both are out tonight, but promising news for next week. Barring a setback, the likely return of the Salsa.

Top Bottom