• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup

you guys are tripping. watching football then still having the rest of your day is awesome

Thanksgiving with the super early game is the best thing ever. I can wat the game before dinner! And then during dinner! And whatever! It's great!

You guys are living the dream as far as I'm concerned.

The problem with Bayern is that the Bayern advantage isn't really sleazy. They "earned" that shit, unlike a LOT of the European top teams. It's an inherent flaw in the system.

Bayern is stupid. Owning the stadium and all that. Nobody is as financially stable as those assholes.

So they are sort of like a Patriots team with a sleazy competitive advantage.

Wait a second...

Totally agree with you about soccer even though I enjoy watching top teams play. If people think the NFL doesn't have relative parity they should check out the EPL for a few weeks.

The BPL parity is amazing, just look at Chelsea right now.

Look at them :(((((

Line_HTX

It's hard to put into words that are understandable for Americans.

Maybe imagine a mix of the Pats (dammit) and Cowboys in a league without a salary cap.

Basically, soccer is a shitshow with zero competitive balance.

Yeah, well, club play mostly looks like shit anyway, so I only like watching the big tourneys like WC and European Championship. Hope Euro 2016 is good.

Milchjon

gonna try some FIFA online with this new YouTube streaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqOBSv_ul0c

eBGKpKT.png

FUCK

OFF

Milchjon

Yeah, well, club play mostly looks like shit anyway, so I only like watching the big tourneys like WC and European Championship. Hope Euro 2016 is good.

Soccer just isn't an inherently fascinating sport.

Pretty much any NFL play can be made interesting, if you only slow it down enough. In the end, there's always gonna be hitting and runs and a weirdly shaped ball that does confusing things.

Soccer at its worst (or even at an average level, most of the time) can be used more effectively than waterboarding.

Line_HTX

Wayne Rooney a overrated shit.

Chelsea is better than United because Watt loves Chelsea.

I want to take Milch on a drive on the Ring and whiplash him on the Karusell (sic) turn, then drink at the Nurburg castle.

The Eagles have avoided using the name "Redskins" in their weekly media guide.

CQKhoCHWoAAP4Ht.jpg:large

CQKhoCcWsAAZ5On.jpg:large

Damn that is really fucking cool. props to them. No wonder ez hates the Eagles so mcuh. I always figured it was the 4th and 26 play, robbing him of more time watching his hero Brett Farve, but now we know the Eagles are standing up to racism.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ts-were-clearly-trying-to-embarrass-the-bills

Man Rex is obsessed with NE. In today's press interview...

It's been 10 days and Rex Ryan is still talking about his team's loss to the New England Patriots two Sundays ago.

After falling 40-32 to the Patriots, the Bills routed the Dolphins in Miami this past Sunday, improving their record to 2-1. Yet, on Wednesday, two days after the win, Ryan was back talking about the team he can't seem to beat, saying the Patriots attempted to "embarrass" the Bills.

"Our emotions got the better of us, but I loved how we battled back when a team was clearly trying to embarrass us," Ryan said, according to Tyler Dunne of The Buffalo News.

"I like the fact that [Eli Manning] beat Brady twice," Ryan said. "I like that. I'm not all the way over the Brady butt-kicking he did against us."

Spinluck

I tried to hate Gronk once

it was impossible.

Waking up at 9:30 is not awesome.

lol

9:30 isn't even early for me anymore

but i guess my job made me this way, i still don't consider myself a morning person but i love longer days in which i can get a lot of shit done and sleep with a peace of mind.

bionic77

huh?

which game was this?
It was between the Eagles and Packers.

Pretty sure it was not at Lando field. It was in Philly and this was before the Linc, I think it was at the Met.

It was a long time ago though and some of my post references some old GAF legends and some of it is trying to make some new ones.

Respect

Pretty sure it was not at Lando field. It was in Philly and this was before the Linc, I think it was at the Met.

It was a long time ago though and some of my post references some old GAF legends and some of it is trying to make some new ones.

World champion Freddie Mitchell, Rodgers stole that from Freddie.

Hindl

Actually it was the first year of the Linc. Linc opened in August 2003 and that happened in the divisional round that year. Exciting shit I was like 11 and just got into the Eagles the previous year

Bread

Banned

:jnc always gets me

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
In honor of the one year anniversaryry of the Chiefs dismantling of the patriots. Some posts from the second half of that game and on.

Brady is done, can the Pats move on :p

This is bradys final game right?

RIP Brady.

Brady is playing worse than Cousins

It's over. Bye Tom.

I'll be honest it's kinda awful watching the death of Tom Brady.

Or, nah.

It's over for Brady

Tom Brady is done. Pats better be ready to draft a QB next season.

so is brady going to retire after this game cuz he sucksssss

Hahahah haha gata hahahahaha gata gata Hahaha Brady is done.

Last time Brady was in Arrowhead he left needing a new knee....he gonna need more than that after this one.

He said he would retire when he sucks...

well... how much more convincing does he need?

Didn't Tom say he would retire when he started sucking?

thought that game was in foxboro?

RIP Brady , benched lol

Welcome to suckville, Pats fans. Kave will gladly welcome you to the shame circle.

NotStrapOnNight.gif

Tom Had a good run. Led the pats to a dynasty. Time to restructure.

Alex Smith outplays Brady if you look at the stats last year Alex Smith had similar if not better stats than Brady.

:jnc

Brady has been bad for awhile.

Yup, I have a feeling this might have been Bradys last game...

Jimmy > Brady

It's painfully obvious too

Better than Brady in one drive.

How can you bring back Brady after this? It's garbage time, but Jimmy has looked better in one drive than Brady has the entire season.

Jimmy G > Brady. I"m ready for the next big thing

Tom Brady, you suck. Time to retire

The end of an era...

Brady's becoming a cancer, needs to be cut asap.

Just checking in to say that the end of the Tom Brady Era is just as glorious and delicious as I imagined.

I just never knew it would happen this soon.

Here's the thing with the Patriots and Brady, and his decline. The Patriots organization pinched pennies, spent money in the wrong place, and did not come up with a plan for when Brady aged. They cut corners on the offensive line, cut corners at wide receiver, and did not gameplan around a 1,000+ yard back. In those years, Brady got crushed. Pats fans who have watched every game over the last 2 years have seen a Brady who was very different than his early career, he sees ghosts, he ducks, he doesn't stand as tall in the pocket... And why? Because:

Brady got hit 81 times in 2013, sacked 40 times. It's actually a good hit:sack ratio compared to some other players... But Peyton Manning was hit only 50 times in 2013. Brady was hit 67 times in 2012. Manning, 46. This season, Brady is the most hit quarterback.

At some point -- when your QB reaches age 36, 37, 38 -- these numbers add up. And when you have no weapons, no commitment to running the ball, no offensive line, and a frenetic over-thinking gameplan, your nearly 38-year-old quarterback is going to suffer.

Yeah, people are insane if they think that Brady is not starting next week and generally every week for the rest of the season. If you put Jimmy Garoppolo out there with this offensive line and lack of weapons, it's not going to be any different.

The Patriots need to establish a running game and then those 2 TE, 2 WR sets will be a lot more threatening. This is the direction they were going in in 2012, and it looked like they had a solid foundation for the future by taking the air off the ball and focusing on 2 TE, run, playaction offense. Hernandez murdering those people threw that gameplan off, but they need to go back to it.

Brady has been finicky since he got his knee blown up in '08. It's not a new event.

His decline is simple: his arm is dead.

I disagree, I mean, obviously to an extent. Obviously he's not going to have the same season in 2007, which at the time was the best offensive season of all time, but he's declined more dramatically in the beginning of last year and the first four games this season.

Obviously, his physical skills deteriorate with age, like how Peyton Manning throws as many lame ducks in a game as any QB, but the big difference is having players who can get open and having an offensive line to protect the aged QB. I've watched every Patriots game in full over the last ~20+ years, and Brady's problem -- while definitely physical to a degree -- is also that the Patriots organization has put nothing around him since 2009, and have just assumed that they'll win because Tom Brady is the QB (which has worked pretty well thus far).

Pat's were projected to be a power in the AFC. Plenty of media guys had them projected to go to or win the Superbowl.

On the flip side, anyone paying attention saw this coming. There was a lot of hype around the Pat's defense coming into the season, but I knew it was bad simply because the DL is not a good unit. If you can't get pressure, then guys like Revis don't matter. If you can't stop the run, teams will run it down your throat, and then once you think a run is coming they'll open up the pass on you. It all pretty much starts on that line.

I thought the offense would get it together as they have some playmakers, but it looks pretty bad at this point. Obviously could turn it around, as it's still early, but if teams like Oakland are hanging around with you, and KC is pissing on your steak, those are definitely warning signs that all is not right in the world.

You forgot worst QB.

Darkest was right. Spoiled Patriots fans finally seeing how the other half lives and can't take it.

Brady has had shit defenses before. The Patriots are probably still going to make the playoffs. I will concede that he wouldn't have won the Super Bowl, but I think they definitely wouldn't lose a game like this. Brady is not the same QB.

The Patriots haven't won anything of note in nearly a decade and their window is slammed shut.

The patriots screwed Tom Brady. Bill has been skating by on reputation and has gotten away with about 5 years of shitty drafts and poor front office moves that are now coming back to bite the pats in the ass.

The Patriots officially suck.

Ha. And people said I was overreacting about the Pats after Week 1. They are a disaster and cant do anything.

They need to take Brady out. He's garbage. They wont do it, but they should. He's a below average QB right now.

I think we have talent on offense. Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, LaFell, Thompkins, Vereen, Ridley, Dobson. The problem is Brady cant find them and when he does, he cant get it to them accurately. O-line isn't great, but seriously, it does not excuse Brady's bad choices and throws at all.

Defensively we have a lot of talent as well, but maybe its the coaching or something, but they also cant do shit, run or pass.

I know I said I don't need to trash talk Pats anymore cause they are now irrelevant, but I had to post this as I found it in another thread and it was amazing:

7eee52514a1ef7ace4e924c983ad243101fdba149d4aa358992ca048645c8f2a.jpg

EDIT - Oh he's pointing at Peyton! and Peyton is pointing at me.

Yeah they have decent talent but Father Time has caught up to Brady. Wild Bill was sending a message to him by putting Jimmy in.

I don't believe that after all these years all of a sudden Brady can't make a decision for shit.

Thompkins and Dobson take turns being inactive. You don't deactivate good players on gameday.

Your running backs are just guys. Why Belichick let Blount walk i'll never know.

Amendola AT BEST is a high effort, low talent worker, and that's when he's not injured. Perfect Patriot!

Pats philosophy of drafting high character guys with suspect talent worked when Brady was protected by a 5 star offensive line and made lightning quick decisions. Now that neither is the case, all the warts are going to show.

Credit to this guy (and a few others) for actually calling it out. They fixed the offensive line.
Brady is shook in there.. it's pretty clear whats going on.. he has zero faith in his O-line.. .and he shouldn't they are terrible. Those last 2 INT's are on him.. but by that point he was pressing and that was just a bad idea... but early in the game he was given zero time.

The Patriots are a mess... no deep threat... Vereen isn't a great RB... Gronk isn't quite Gronk yet.. the O-Line is one of the worst in the league.. their D-Line isn't getting any pressure. Gonna be a long year.

and finally, Mech being quite prescient:
Going to be funny when the Pats win the east and get to the playoffs and make a serious run.

also, shitload of banned people from that thread. Can you people manage to not get yourselves banned if you venture out of NFL GAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom