• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malalaw

Well looks like my gaming channel might be able to get off the ground soon. Assembled a team of friends to do announcing, got some people dedicated to help production. Should be interesting.

squicken

I had forgot that the Rams knocked out both Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton last year, effectively ending the Cardinals season. Not a good start for Pittsburgh after STL knocked out Ben

Man, I was so wrong, the Eagles front seven is not one of the best in the NFL at all. How could I make this mistake.

Yeah the D has been fucking incredible so far, especially considering all the 3 and outs by the offense:

The Eagles’ defense has allowed just three touchdowns in the last 33 possessions it's been on the field. There have been 16 drives ended by punt, seven takeaways, two end-of-game situations and five field goals. The run defense, just as it was last year, has been stingy, allowing a league-low 3.1 yards per rushing attempt. The defense in the red zone is tied for fourth best in the NFL, allowing 30 points -- three touchdowns and four field goals -- in seven possessions. The first-down defense has allowed 4.53 yards per play, second best in the NFC. The eight takeaways -- five of them interceptions -- are third in the league.

Yeah the D has been fucking incredible so far, especially considering all the 3 and outs by the offense:

If Bill Davis actually draws up good game plans like he did against the Jets, where the secondary actually double teams the best WRs instead of putting them in press man coverage then things could keep steady this way.

I actually think one of the best moves Chip made in the offseason, that was considered very risky and strange at the time, was Walter Thurmond playing safety. The dude has been lights out.

gutshot

If Bill Davis actually draws up good game plans like he did against the Jets, where the secondary actually double teams the best WRs instead of putting them in press man coverage then things could keep steady this way.

I actually think one of the best moves Chip made in the offseason, that was considered very risky and strange at the time, was Walter Thurmond playing safety. The dude has been lights out.

It's true that the Thurmond-to-safety move has worked out really, really well, but that wasn't the original plan. They tried to sign McCourty first, remember?

Still, props to Chip and Billy Davis for recognizing early on that Thurmond could play the position and making sure he got a lot of reps this spring and summer so he was comfortable back there.

bionic77

Trading a bad QB for a bad QB is a risk no one needs to take.
The good news is that Vick is available in 3 more weeks so it ain't no thing if you don't have a good qb.

The Steelers will gladly trade him for the 31st best kicker in the league.

Qb for kicker? You would have to be crazy to not take this deal!

The good news is that Vick is available in 3 more weeks so it ain't no thing if you don't have a good qb.

The Steelers will gladly trade him for the 31st best kicker in the league.

Qb for kicker? You would have to be crazy to not take this deal!

We will take Scoobes back if you give us another 6 round pick!

Farooq

Banned
bEQDgQo.jpg

bionic77

bionic, if you feed your PK beer like the Raiders do maybe he'll be like Seabass.
I think it takes more than beer to make a Seabass.

The guy seems like he has shit flexibility and yet can bang it 60 yards no problem.

You can't be made into a Seabass. You have to be born one.

MRSA

Banned

The guy seems like he has shit flexibility and yet can bang it 60 yards no problem.

Problem with Seabass is that because of the alcohol, he can't gauge distances, for example he's automatic between 30-50 yards. Anything closer than 30 yards and he's got issues, maybe he needs some bifocals.

cashman

Banned
Some stat reading on kickers and their value. Benjamin Morris

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/kickers-are-forever/

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...rs-nfls-most-and-least-valuable-kicking-games

Chart has kicking games by EPA. Median is ~+0.80. Ravens are +6.18, Steelers are -6.5

Kickers are a punchline, but the difference between a good one and an awful one is 12+ points in just 4 games!

I think people really take for granted how hard kicking actually is and expect 45+ yarders to be automatic becuase of how ridiculously good the top tier is.

eznark

Banned
Some stat reading on kickers and their value. Benjamin Morris

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/kickers-are-forever/

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...rs-nfls-most-and-least-valuable-kicking-games

Chart has kicking games by EPA. Median is ~+0.80. Ravens are +6.18, Steelers are -6.5

Kickers are a punchline, but the difference between a good one and an awful one is 12+ points in just 4 games!

Looking forward to Bens followup explaining why kickers would be so much better if only they would miss in the 4th quarter when trailing.

harSon

Banned

Can we reinforce our towel dispensers and bring back Jeff Reed?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I had forgot that the Rams knocked out both Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton last year, effectively ending the Cardinals season. Not a good start for Pittsburgh after STL knocked out Ben
Jeff Fisher coached team is dirty? I for one, am shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom