• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

You went from a happy Colts fan, to a sad Mech like Colts fan. Relax man.

I'm actually going to give your team some money Sunday night. Going to the Brady destroying the Colts Part 15 this week.

Hoping Luck plays, because I paid for my tickets based on him playing, and I'd like to see two awesome QBs go at it.
Does the version of Luck that shows up against the Pats really count as awesome, though?

Dude is like the reverse Eli.

jmdajr

Who is the Jags back up? Just wondering which QB the Texans will make look like (Insert Greatest QB of all time) this week.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 1m1 minute ago
Blake Bortles sprained his throwing shoulder and is uncertain for Sunday vs. Hou.

Josh McCown sprained his ankle. Hopeful for Sun vs. Den.

Chad Henne is going to tear the Texans defense apart isn't he?

hennelol2.gif

eznark

Banned
According to FO, the Eagles had the worst run blocking as of Week 4.... not that that means much, because the Rams were second worst (although the Eagles were not even close). FO also ranks their pass protection to be six positions better than the Eagles through week 4.

So, technically the Rams have had a better OL than the Eagles, but that technically better is also dogshit.

Lol, do you ever get tired of being wrong so often?

Since you guys are totally bought into awful player evaluation systems, TQBR has Foles (28) three spots ahead of Bradford (31) on the year.

Coughlin had his conference call this morning. A few updates:

- Beason is doing well after the concussion. He's in good spirits and a good chance he can make his return for Monday.

- Coughlin hopes to have Odell and Randle for a limited practice on Thursday. Its a day to day injury for them.

- No word on Pugh's ankle injury but he was quoted as saying he isn't missing Philly for nothing. We'll see if that holds true.

We really need Odell and Randle for Monday. Should be a good game.

Lol, do you ever get tired of being wrong so often?

Eh?

You said:

Just from what I have watched of them this year. I posted the stat yesterday that Murry had been hit in the backfield on 20 of his last 29 carries before yesterdays game. I have not seen the Rams OL giving up penetration like that at all this year.

From the Football Outsiders rankings that aborted mentioned, Eagles running game is stuffed behind the line of scrimmage 33% of the time, good for being 31st in the league.

Want to take a guess at who is ranked dead last behind them for runs stuffed behind the LOS?

Hint: It's a team that you haven't seen give up that kind of penetration at all this year.

Don't try and bullshit everybody about how you've "watched Rams games" when it's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hunter S.

ok I'm assuming these predictions were made before the season? Again no on really knows whats going to happen. Making a predicting of KC to win the division is not exactly outlandish. They were what 9-7 last year and 10+ wins the year before? Its not like the Broncos are blowing people out, Manning looks like a shell of his former self.

I think most who picked the Chiefs to win just wanted them to win.

The o-line is injured and playing badly, every other year Manning has been a Bronco they had a top O-line that hardly allowed any sacks, or hits on Manning. The average person does blame it all on Manning, but really the blame should be spread around.

I know they are barely winning. It really is what expect out of a great defense and a run game that has been a disaster.

Eh?

You said:

From the Football Outsiders rankings that aborted mentioned, Eagles running game is stuffed behind the line of scrimmage 33% of the time, good for being 31st in the league.

Want to take a guess at who is ranked dead last behind them for runs stuffed behind the LOS?

Hint: It's a team that you haven't seen give up that kind of penetration at all this year.

Don't try and bullshit everybody about how you've "watched Rams games" when it's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.

I have posted during Rams games this year. The only thing I like more then seeing the Eagles do well is seeing Foles fail. I usually have 2 games on at the same time, even 3 some times. I absolutely feel like the Rams OL has looked better then the Eagles so far. Before the last 2 games the Eagles OL has been the worst in the league, I have said that many times. I am really sorry that your owner lets Fisher and his cronies make personal decisions. I get how hard that would be to deal with as a fan, but you are the nut that tried to act like the Rams got the better of that trade. You brought this on your self.

Since you guys are totally bought into awful player evaluation systems, TQBR has Foles (28) three spots ahead of Bradford (31) on the year.

I had a look at the FO QB rankings, because they proved me wrong in such humiliating fashion about the lines so I figured I'd give Yankee another reason to gloat except after four weeks they had Foles ranked 14th in DYAR (Defense-adjusted Yards above replacement) while Bradford was 25th with a whopping zero adjusted yards above replacement.

I think we need to hear whether Yankee still takes their word as gospel.

I have posted during Rams games this year. The only thing I like more then seeing the Eagles do well is seeing Foles fail. I usually have 2 games on at the same time, even 3 some times. I absolutely feel like the Rams OL has looked better then the Eagles so far. Before the last 2 games the Eagles OL has been the worst in the league, I have said that many times. I am really sorry that your owner lets Fisher and his cronies make personal decisions. I get how hard that would be to deal with as a fan, but you are the nut that tried to act like the Rams got the better of that trade. You brought this on your self.

:jnc

So we traded one shitty QB for another shitty QB and received a second round pick for it. There's no way on earth the Rams didn't come out on top in that trade.

jakncoke

Banned
I actually do not use any, but I might use this one now. I usually just pick up some local craft beers, or some cheap crap like PBR depending on the mood. I drank PBR before it was cool you bastard!!!

I use it not for the ratings but the beer titles tbh and finding and also to compare my tastes to what they rated. Not all high rated beers fit my fancy. But nearly all bad are bad to my taste buds lol.

Beer Advocate and RateBeer are super US/Belgian centric.

I personally like Untappd for the social aspect.

Only time world cared about Germany was when your leaders tried to take over the world go back into your hole.

I had a look at the FO QB rankings, because they proved me wrong in such humiliating fashion about the lines so I figured I'd give Yankee another reason to gloat except after four weeks they had Foles ranked 14th in DYAR (Defense-adjusted Yards above replacement) while Bradford was 25th with a whopping zero adjusted yards above replacement.

I think we need to hear whether Yankee still takes their word as gospel.

So we traded one shitty QB for another shitty QB and received a second round pick for it. There's no way on earth the Rams didn't come out on top in that trade.

The Rams definitely did not win that trade. I really think you are being purposely dense now. Eagles got the better player by far. Bradford is already playing better and as time goes by and gets more comfortable it is only going to look worse. I dont need a site like FO to compare QB's when traditional stats work perfectly fine, an OL as a group is tougher to judge so I can understand people trying to use different stats for that. Anyways enjoy your second round pick, hopefully they can get a new QB with it.

The Rams definitely did not win that trade. I really think you are being purposely dense now. Eagles got the better player by far. Bradford is already playing better and as time goes by and gets more comfortable it is only going to look worse. I dont need a site like FO to compare QB's when traditional stats work perfectly fine, an OL as a group is tougher to judge so I can understand people trying to use different stats for that. Anyways enjoy your second round pick, hopefully they can get a new QB with it.

"Stats are only valid when they agree with me"

Got it.

If you seriously think that Bradford is having a better season than Foles I don't know what to tell you. You're bias is blinding you.

If you take his game against GB away the stats tell a different story.

My first post about the trade was that they overpaid. I didn't mind the personnel involved in the trade, and I am fine with trying a new QB to see what could happen. Never changed the fact that I thought the Rams came out on top of it because of the second round pick.

Still, I don't think Bradford is nearly as bad as everyone was making him out to be, particularly with regards to deep balls. He HAS had a bad offensive line to work with, and it's gotta be particularly tough when you're coming off an injury that would make you extra skittish to pressure. It's starting to look like he is getting comfortable. He finally put it together for a full game, not just a half, this week. Now all he needs to work on are his decision making skills so he doesn't throw those boneheaded INTs in the end zone. If he can manage that I don't think they'll have downgraded at the position at all. They'll have broken even, at worst. They still paid too much though.

Milchjon

I use it not for the ratings but the beer titles tbh and finding and also to compare my tastes to what they rated. Not all high rated beers fit my fancy. But nearly all bad are bad to my taste buds lol.

Only time world cared about Germany was when your leaders tried to take over the world go back into your hole.

I don't care all that much about German beer either. But they also completely underrate a lot of UK/Danish/Dutch/Swedish/etc stuff.

And you still try to pretend you aren't German...

eznark

Banned
More TD's, more yards, higher completion percentage, yep one of us is definitely biased. :)

Bradford: 63.2% Comp 4.2% TD 3.2% INT 6.7 Y/A 5.68 ANY/A 3.6% Sacked

Foles: 57.4% Comp 4.3% TD 3.5% INT 6.8 Y/A 5.97 ANY/A 6% sacked

Pretty identical, and Foles doesn't have a Genius Head Coach. Bradford's playing slightly better, but the Rams are in a transition year while the Eagles were expected to be contenders. Given that the Eagles also threw in a second rounder.... yeah, this is a bad deal for Philly at this point.

Pretty identical, and Foles doesn't have a Genius Head Coach. Bradford's playing slightly better, but the Rams are in a transition year while the Eagles were expected to be contenders. Given that the Eagles also threw in a second rounder.... yeah, this is a bad deal for Philly at this point.

It's hard to look at the roster moves by the Eagles and not think it's also a transition year, despite the narratives the media had about them.

Coughlin had his conference call this morning. A few updates:

- Beason is doing well after the concussion. He's in good spirits and a good chance he can make his return for Monday.

- Coughlin hopes to have Odell and Randle for a limited practice on Thursday. Its a day to day injury for them.

- No word on Pugh's ankle injury but he was quoted as saying he isn't missing Philly for nothing. We'll see if that holds true.

We really need Odell and Randle for Monday. Should be a good game.

One of the few times I wouldn't have minded a relatively early bye

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
And you still try to pretend you aren't German...

I think Yankee is seriously undervaluing that 2nd round pick. The difference between the two isn't 2nd round pick worthy.

Pepiope

If you seriously think that Bradford is having a better season than Foles I don't know what to tell you. You're bias is blinding you.

If you take his game against GB away the stats tell a different story.
I mean they both have been bad, and certainly expectations for the Eagles were much higher than the Rams (for me at least), but Bradford has been the better QB thus far, though it isn't saying much.

Bradford got to play against a historically abysmal defense while Foles faced one of the best defenses in football at home. Really not worth comparing.

I could forgive the first half because he was getting the shit kicked out of him every time he dropped back to pass but he looked a little shell shocked in the second half. Hopefully the bye week does some good, all we need is for him to be in the general vicinity of average QB play and we'll be a decent team.

It's just funny to see Yankee so high on Bradford on Sunday though, when if the roles were reversed he'd have been defending Bradford by bringing up the shitty O-line and great play from the Packers defence up front while absolutely shitting all over Foles for throwing red zone interceptions against a shitty Saints team.

Instead it's "Bradford beat Brees" :jnc

Bradford is terrible

Pepiope

Seems like Eagles' fans are just pretending that pick wasn't part of the deal.
Hasn't worked out thus far, but the chance of landing a franchise QB > a 2nd round pick.

I'm not mad. You have to take risks in order to become a good team. It's better than the complacency we've had for the past decade.

Top Bottom