• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

squicken

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano
No QB change for Chip Kelly:
"I've been very pleased with Sam."

Not that there was doubt

Last night was the first time i watched Bradford for more than a play or two this season and i can't really bury him based on that performance. No QB is going to perform well when a defensive tackle gets 3 sacks. I actually thought he made some nice plays while under pressure and helped keep the Eagles in the game for longer than they should have been. Yeah, he was garbage on the last couple drives, but Chip had given up on running the ball by that point and our front seven was getting to Bradford practically every snap. I said it after our week 1, the Panthers defense is going to make a lot of QBs look like shit this year.

If any team is designed to beat the Patriots, it is CAR. Hold the ball on offense and let Davis and Thomas handle horizontal stuff. I was really impressed with those two and Norman. Cam had a couple of bad INTs, but the Eagles also have a good defense. CAR run game is stout. Watching both the Falcons and Panthers I think it is clear that CAR is better. Panthers getting a bye and homefield will be big

I am pretty confidant that the Steelers would have beaten the Pats if we had Bell and Bryant in week one.

It is fucking hilarious that Brady cheated and got to play week one and our star RB was entrapped by the fucking scumbag plant the Pats sent to us last year and our number 2 receiver was suspended because he has a substance abuse problem.

So if you cheat you can get away with it but if you choose the wrong friends or need help with a substance then you are fucked.

Fuck you Roger Goodell.

Fuck you, friend! Roger tried to frame us, but got caught for being a dumb fuck!

America knows

Farooq

Banned
How many more seasons can they get through with Romo and the cap situation? There's some quality players who are going to be FA's in the next two off-seasons for Dallas.

Romo's cap hits, $20.8 million in 2016, $24.7 million in 2017, $25.2 million in 2018 and $23.7 million in 2019.

They can cut him in 2018 with 9 million in dead money.

They will be able to keep whatever players they want to keep over the next couple of years.

Line_HTX

Wow, ok. So... after that touchdown run (pass? I don't remember) that put Tannerino up 41-0 I fucking quit and went straight to watching F1. The race was so hectic because of all the storms and high winds and floodwaters that I missed EVERYTHING during those two hours.

I just found out now about Foster's Achilles.

Boy I would sure love to tank, but fucking Lions keep getting in the way.

I don't think I can take this anymore... [Chris's avatar] Even cheering for a pimp smacking this Thursday isn't good enough to quell this anger and sorrow.

Damn Spinluck's cooking spreads viruses.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Romo's cap hits, $20.8 million in 2016, $24.7 million in 2017, $25.2 million in 2018 and $23.7 million in 2019.

They can cut him in 2018 with 9 million in dead money.

They will be able to keep whoever they want to keep over the next couple of years.

the caps only going up. 20+ million for a good QB isn't going to kill you.

No way. Gonna be a close game, you guys seem to be responding really well to the new coach and there isn't much tape on the new coach so guess that might give them some element of surprise maybe?

I don't know, I could definitely see us lose. But I would love for you to be right and me to be wrong 🙃

We are running the same offensive and defensive schemes though, the only difference is the play calling in that we actually try to run the ball, what has also helped is that we are finally healthy with Albert and Wake and Campbell made some small roster changes that have been positive (And that philbin refused to do, that idiot). We aren't that different from the team you played last year. I do think we have a chance but not because of Campbell but just because we've played you hard recently and have had success.

Spinluck

I'm totally expecting the Pats to rip us a new one. They won't even have the decency to lube it up a bit. :(

I'm kinda glad I have my Astronomy Midterm on Thursday so I'm missing the game, but I'll DVR it just in case it's good even if we lose.

Now that the Dolphins are actually trying it might be close.

We kept it competitive with the Pats until our coach finally let Belichick break him and he started calling some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen. Plus Tannehill can still throw a football to his WRs instead of over their heads unlike certain QBs.

Wrayfield

No way. Gonna be a close game, you guys seem to be responding really well to the new coach and there isn't much tape on the new coach so guess that might give them some element of surprise maybe?

I don't know, I could definitely see us lose. But I would love for you to be right and me to be wrong 🙃

Yes on the response but, no offence, Titans and, sadly, Texans, are no measurement for success this year...

Hindl

Last night was the first time i watched Bradford for more than a play or two this season and i can't really bury him based on that performance. No QB is going to perform well when a defensive tackle gets 3 sacks. I actually thought he made some nice plays while under pressure and helped keep the Eagles in the game for longer than they should have been. Yeah, he was garbage on the last couple drives, but Chip had given up on running the ball by that point and our front seven was getting to Bradford practically every snap. I said it after our week 1, the Panthers defense is going to make a lot of QBs look like shit this year.

Yeah our OL is really killing us. Bradford was let down by his receivers last night. But you guys played a great game. I think Carolina may be a more complete team than the Falcons, you guys are legit

I posted a tweet earlier that the Eagles have the worst drop rate since '07. Drops are so subjective as to what is a drop versus merely catchable. But I thought this was the proper summation of it:

I understand that drops are a subjective thing but my god at the difference between your stat, and the one ez posted. Anyone that has watched an Eagles game this year knows it is a huge problem. Hell even the pass to Huff in the endzone last night wont go down as a drop, because there was a defender right there, but it hit Huff right in the hands. You need guys that make that catch.

Wrayfield

I am pretty confidant that the Steelers would have beaten the Pats if we had Bell and Bryant in week one.

It is fucking hilarious that Brady cheated and got to play week one and our star RB was entrapped by the fucking scumbag plant the Pats sent to us last year and our number 2 receiver was suspended because he has a substance abuse problem.

So if you cheat you can get away with it but if you choose the wrong friends or need help with a substance then you are fucked.

Fuck you Roger Goodell.

Man, I had this conversation on Sunday. Basically, I started coaching the local team I used to play for in my teens (I came back after 20 years). The coaches are fans of all sorts of teams since we don't much history, Ravens, Chiefs, Packers, Steelers, and the team manager who has the least idea about the sport is a Pats fan and tries to argue with me about "pushing boundaries" so I went on a rant for about 30 mins and he didnt even know the history of those shenanigans. Anyway, there is always one Pats fan who has no idea (there are some who do) and they argue about the same stuff as American fans...

PS: The quiet Chiefs fan referred to the Pats as a "Whore Franchise" right after my rant.

I'm so blah about yesterday's game. I don't think anybody on either side played particularly well, but I don't think they played poorly either.

Landry had a good first start. He made mistakes, but he was poised in the pocket and made good throws. That said the deflection to Berry was a killer.

Haven't gone back to watch Al, but I suspect since Heath Miller was a complete non factor in the game he hung back to help Al on the edge. That last sack from Hali was brutal.

eznark

Banned
I understand that drops are a subjective thing but my god at the difference between your stat, and the one ez posted. Anyone that has watched an Eagles game this year knows it is a huge problem. Hell even the pass to Huff in the endzone last night wont go down as a drop, because there was a defender right there, but it hit Huff right in the hands. You need guys that make that catch.

Assuming your 9 drops is correct, the difference is 6 balls.

bionic77

Man, I had this conversation on Sunday. Basically, I started coaching the local team I used to play for in my teens (I came back after 20 years). The coaches are fans of all sorts of teams since we don't much history, Ravens, Chiefs, Packers, Steelers, and the team manager who has the least idea about the sport is a Pats fan and tries to argue with me about "pushing boundaries" so I went on a rant for about 30 mins and he didnt even know the history of those shenanigans. Anyway, there is always one Pats fan who has no idea (there are some who do) and they argue about the same stuff as American fans...

PS: The quiet Chiefs fan referred to the Pats as a "Whore Franchise" right after my rant.
So to summarize.

Wrayfield agrees with everyone else that Pats fans are the worst.

I'm so blah about yesterday's game. I don't think anybody on either side played particularly well, but I don't think they played poorly either.

Landry had a good first start. He made mistakes, but he was poised in the pocket and made good throws. That said the deflection to Berry was a killer.

Haven't gone back to watch Al, but I suspect since Heath Miller was a complete non factor in the game he hung back to help Al on the edge. That last sack from Hali was brutal.
We were in KC territory at least 6 times yesterday. But we didn't finish. I didn't have a problem with that 4th and 1 call either. That didn't help but I thought it was a good risk.

At the end of the day we went 2-2 with absolute trash at qb. Granted we didn't play the best teams but realistically we have to be happy with that result. We went a month without our best player and we are still in it.

We just have to look forward and hopefully Ben can drop 35 and the Bungles can help us a little as well (they have historically been very generous to Big Ben). If we can overcome that first game then hopefully the offense can continue to gel and start to put up the points. And maybe one day Shazier will stop dying and can come back and start fucking people up again.

squicken

Talking to some Rams fans, and STL is now using Mark Barron in Alec Ogletree's role as wOLB. Really curious to see that on GamePass. Ogletree is smallish LB and Barron a big safety, so it makes sense they'd try it. But not every team is a bad as the Browns at running the ball

Exclusive look at kaves front yard:

c9b5a090-7bec-11e5-b35b-dd8670cea409_12063583_551501470956_2300561191324840698_n.jpg

rando14

Kave should put a grave in his front yard for the 2015 Blue Jays as well!!

(Hmm that was pretty mean, I might have to take it back.....)

ShaneB

Kave should put a grave in his front yard for the 2015 Blue Jays as well!!

(Hmm that was pretty mean, I might have to take it back.....)

The Jays will be alright. They have 2 championships, the same amount the Packers have in 47 years. Winning Franchise no doubt.

Colasante

I'm totally expecting the Pats to rip us a new one. They won't even have the decency to lube it up a bit. :(

I think there's very little chance of the Patriots blowing the Dolphins out. The Patriots are playing without their starting left tackle, right tackle, center, and possibly their left guard, so the Dolphins defensive line should have a nice day.

Greg

What? This was a great week. Packers came out of it so far and away the clear best team in the NFC it isn't even funny.
I mean I didn't get to watch them play

watched part of the morning game and then my interest for football was dead the rest of the day

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

The d-line has no depth. Cam, the sucky one, Dan and LT couldn't compensate for the loss of Tuitt. Add in that Shazier was still getting his legs under him and Blake just fucking sucks, and the defense wasn't up to par.

Al is going to have to improve or Ben is going to go back down. There's no depth on the line, either. The team is thin all over, except at linebacker and wide out. Obviously.

TheFatOne

Yup, he easily saved us with those big plays. And to think the dude took a pay cut to stay around... easy player for fans to love lately.

Funny how quickly that changed last year. He went from the whipping boy to local legend. He's been on a run since last years playoffs started. It's been great.

Godslay

Banned
Bu-bu-bu-buuuuuut the Packers have like 10 of those high school championships!

How is that fair though? It was still the NFL and part of the history. They were the best of that given era. Would they get the hell beat out of them by today's standards? Sure, but that's like saying someone running in the 1920s would be able to compete with Bolt in today's Olympics. It's still part of the history though, and always legitimate in my eyes.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
What? I said that they had 8 last night, the stat you posted said they had 11 all year, squickens stat said 25 for the year. Where are you getting 6 from?

Are drops an official stat now? They did not use to be so it was rather hard to keep a running total for a season.

The d-line has no depth. Cam, the sucky one, Dan and LT couldn't compensate for the loss of Tuitt. Add in that Shazier was still getting his legs under him and Blake just fucking sucks, and the defense wasn't up to par.

Al is going to have to improve or Ben is going to go back down. There's no depth on the line, either. The team is thin all over, except at linebacker and wide out. Obviously.

Yeah. The drop off from Cam and Tuitt to everyone else is striking. Wouldn't surprise me if we go DE in the draft early next year.

Are drops an official stat now? They did not use to be so it was rather hard to keep a running total for a season.

You are right that is the problem, so many sites try to do their own tally and they can vary wildly. I kind of wish that the NFL would make them an official stat but it would be really hard.

gutshot

If Bradford hadn't signed that ridiculous rookie deal, he'd have been holding a clipboard years ago. Then he would've been a decent fa signing for minimal money and Chip wouldn't have to keep playing him to save face. As it is, the situation is hurting the Eagles now and in the future.

And it is the same problem at RB where Chip keeps giving the majority of snaps to Murray even though anyone with eyes can see that Mathews is a much better runner in this system.

Hindl

And it is the same problem at RB where Chip keeps giving the majority of snaps to Murray even though anyone with eyes can see that Mathews is a much better runner in this system.

Doesn't help that Chip keeps deflecting to Duce. He says Duce Staley decides who's out there on each play, but no one can press him on it since he's a position coach and he doesn't have to talk to the media except for preseason if I'm remembering right.

They should switch them, where Mathews is the premier back, and Murray gets to come in the game fresh in the second half once the D is tired

Top Bottom