• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

And it is the same problem at RB where Chip keeps giving the majority of snaps to Murray even though anyone with eyes can see that Mathews is a much better runner in this system.

Except the RB coach Duce is the one who determines the rotation. Obviously Chip could over rule him but one thing about Chip since he first got the job is that he gives his assistants the leeway to make those kinds of decisions. When people were screaming for Davis to bench Cary Williams last year Chip said it was his call.

JPP Update:

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 20m20 minutes ago
#Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul will be evaluated by team Dr. Robert Hotchkiss to see if he can play with a glove on injured hand.

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 19m19 minutes ago
#Giants team Dr. Robert Hotchkiss trained the doctor who performed hand surgeries on DE Jason Pierre-Paul.

And it is the same problem at RB where Chip keeps giving the majority of snaps to Murray even though anyone with eyes can see that Mathews is a much better runner in this system.
Didn't Matthews have a groin injury that limited him later in the game yesterday? I thought I saw someone report that.

IguzNLT.jpg

Some no-name Dolphins LB is starting already.

BigAT

Matthews had a single run last night following his 63 yard touchdown. Smart coaching.

Edit: Assuming he wasn't injured afterward, personally didn't hear anything about that last night.

eznark

Banned
Doesn't help that Chip keeps deflecting to Duce. He says Duce Staley decides who's out there on each play, but no one can press him on it since he's a position coach and he doesn't have to talk to the media except for preseason if I'm remembering right.

He's done an excellent job insulating himself from criticism. Maybe that's also why he brought in a garbage can like Bradford.

JPP with the cryptic tweets.
Jpp
Via: roto
Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports Jason Pierre-Paul reported to the Giants' team facility on Monday.
It's unclear what's next, but a truce has either been brokered, or is in the process. JPP almost certainly won't be active for Week 8, but it now appears he'll play football at some point this season. The situation should be updated shortly.

Man, I had this conversation on Sunday. Basically, I started coaching the local team I used to play for in my teens (I came back after 20 years). The coaches are fans of all sorts of teams since we don't much history, Ravens, Chiefs, Packers, Steelers, and the team manager who has the least idea about the sport is a Pats fan and tries to argue with me about "pushing boundaries" so I went on a rant for about 30 mins and he didnt even know the history of those shenanigans. Anyway, there is always one Pats fan who has no idea (there are some who do) and they argue about the same stuff as American fans...

PS: The quiet Chiefs fan referred to the Pats as a "Whore Franchise" right after my rant.

Great story. You spent 1/48 of yesterday and arguably 1/96 of today ranting about the Patriots. Need some goals man.

Two big thumbs up for JPP news

latest

That's a whole lot of assumption in that report. I posted his meeting with the team earlier but that tweet could mean absolutely nothing. The physical portion of the meeting (i.e. being cleared to play is one thing) but there's a financial element that needs to be worked out. I doubt the Giants have any interest in paying the full franchise tender at this point.

squicken

Except the RB coach Duce is the one who determines the rotation. Obviously Chip could over rule him but one thing about Chip since he first got the job is that he gives his assistants the leeway to make those kinds of decisions. When people were screaming for Davis to bench Cary Williams last year Chip said it was his call.

Chip said at his PC that Mathews hurt his groin on the 22 yard run, which is why his snaps were limited. It doesn't make much sense though, since he had the long TD after he supposedly was injured. There's something more to this that they are not saying

My guess is that they think Murray needs lots of carries to get going. Hammer people late in games as they get tired. I also think it's a bit silly to think Duce is solely deciding the rotation. There are time where Sproles would need to be out there, obviously

gutshot

Chip said at his PC that Mathews hurt his groin on the 22 yard run, which is why his snaps were limited. It doesn't make much sense though, since he had the long TD after he supposedly was injured. There's something more to this that they are not saying

My guess is that they think Murray needs lots of carries to get going. Hammer people late in games as they get tired. I also think it's a bit silly to think Duce is solely deciding the rotation. There are time where Sproles would need to be out there, obviously

It's a BS excuse. If it was injury related why no update during the game or in the post-game press conference? The injury thing didn't come out until today's press conference.

Pro

8. This is the year of defense

The NFL is severely lacking in young quarterback talent, and a few teams have decided to invest most of their resources in defense and running while using cheap retread quarterbacks, or running quarterbacks. It’s paid off handsomely for the Jets and Panthers, and to a lesser extent, for the Bills. The Jets and Panthers boast top-5 defenses and lower tier quarterbacks. Cam Newton is mostly valuable as a runner, while Ryan Fitzpatrick isn’t very good at much of anything. Tyrod Taylor has been a bargain basement star for the Bills when healthy.

All of these teams followed Seattle’s blueprint, which is ironic as Seattle decided to invest in their quarterback this offseason, and they are already paying the price in lack of financial flexibility and depth. Defense is in right now as even traditional offensive powerhouses like Denver, New England, and Green Bay bost top defenses. Arizona ranks highly as well. The only top team that’s skating by on a shaky defense is Atlanta.

And even they invested heavily on defense this year by bringing over Dan Quinn from Seattle. If you wanna talk about following Seattle's blueprint.

It's a BS excuse. If it was injury related why no update during the game or in the post-game press conference? The injury thing didn't come out until today's press conference.

Lots of coaches cover for their assistants. Maybe the like Murry better as a blocker/pass catcher, and they had him in late for those reasons.

Hindl

Lots of coaches cover for their assistants. Maybe the like Murry better as a blocker/pass catcher, and they had him in late for those reasons.

This might be it, Murray has been a better blocker for Bradford, and he seems to have better hands than Mathews.

It just seems like it's more Fallout. That's good but is there more that I haven't heard about? Or are you just itching for more Fallout?

Basically just itching for more Fallout. I hope it feels like Skyrim did after Oblivion, with the building tools, tower defense sort of thing and everything. But if it's more of the same, then I'm happy as well.

I'm more of an Elder Scrolls guy to be honest, but I just love the apocalypse setting from Fallout. An added bonus being that the game is based in the Boston area.

squicken

Really just posting this to make ez happy

PFF: Don’t blame Sam Bradford for the Eagles’ loss

The Eagles’ replacements at left tackle for the injure Jason Peters allowed 13 total pressures between them, meaning Bradford had opposing pass-rushers in his face all night. He also got little help from his receivers. Philly had the highest drop rate in the league for Week 7, with 20 percent of Bradford’s incompletions being drops. He had another six that were either batted down or thrown away, and his interception was more of a fluke than anything else.

In fact, Bradford ranked tied for seventh this week with an accuracy percentage of 85. And in our PFF grades, he tied for third with Derek Carr, behind only Tom Brady and Jameis Winston.

If you’re looking for a player to blame, running back DeMarco Murray fits the bill. He was one of our lowest-graded RBs this week. He didn’t break a single tackle and averaged just 3.6 yards per carry. And in the passing game, he dropped two passes.

For the season, Bradford has graded out as roughly an average quarterback, with his worst game coming against the Jets. For the most part, he’s been fine, and he actually played very well against the Panthers. He certainly deserves more credit than blame, for this week at least.

Top Bottom